+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Okami and Okami-Den

Default Re: Okami DS?

I wonder if the spirit of Clover would be left in the game(the plant you can grow... maybe they would replace it with a Capcom logo XD). I know some of the guys that worked under them are still around, though I heard several of them moved to Platinum Games.

EDIT: There's like a 3 second preview here

http://www.capcom.co.jp/tgs2009/theater/index.html
    Last edited by Hiroy; September 3rd, 2009 at 05:00 AM.

Why are you guys whining? Those screens look pretty fucking good.
    I beg to differ. I think they look somewhere between `fucking amazing` and `holy shit that`s DS?` myself.

Which is what hurts even more.

If they can pull that with a DS....

Buuhan,

Yes....Okami WAS ported to Wii....which is.....my point.

Uaaaaaaaaaaa! It Look Horriable!
    Were's The Awesome Effects?!
    The cunning ones kneel before six masters, but serve only one.

Are you serious? Not only does it look good, I'm amazed they managed to recreate a similar effect on the DS. And from what's available on the movie preview it only looks slightly pixelated which is remarkable considering the hardware.

That is of course separate from my undying rage at the decision to avoid a more expensive design process on a more powerful platform, but from what little we've seen there's little to nothing to complain about with respect to comparing it to its predecessor.

All day, every day TakinawaTonfa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Oct 2008

You should be well adjusted to my over the top and uncessary diatribes on video games by now.
    Yeah about that.....

I like you and all, but could you like, not do that? 'K thnx.

Anyways...

I still need to get around to playing the original, but I can totally see a game like this working on the DS, assuming they're still keeping the calligraphy theme. I mean the DS stylus is practically an invitation to that sort of thing.

seeing the new screens have changed my opinion from "fanboy harsh" to "surprised but skeptical".

The calligraphy theme looks to be in place and the puppy Amaterasu is pretty neat as well. The fact that the celestial brush will probably be used with touch screen takes care of the DS having two less buttons than a ps2 controller (I really don't remember how many were used in the original anyway).

I dunno, I suppose I just gripe because i'm such a huge fan of Clover studio's work. Seeing one of their best games on the DS just makes me (like Greg) wish for more next-gen console attention for their IPs (I would pay top dollar for a ps3/360 Godhand sequel).

but hey, I suppose a DS game is better than nothing. And I don need some more DS games than just Chrono Tigger and Jump: Ultimate Stars

I like you and all, but could you like, not do that?
    Don't hate the player, hate the....can't....finish......horrific.....pun......

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Don't hate the player, hate the....can't....finish......horrific.....pun......
    Game.

That's what I'm here for...

Well, we have an official Okamiden trailer:

[YOUTUBE]BODj1D3Uvgo[/YOUTUBE]

I'm hesitant to get my hopes up. On the one hand, it LOOKS, and sounds, like the Okami we all know and love. With the added bonus of Ammy being a puppy. BUT, will this be fun to play on the DS? The trailer made it look simple enough, but will it be fun? Will the story be worth a damn?

WILL I EVER GET MY DREAM SEQUEL OF THE GOLDEN PAIR OF WAKA AND AMATERASU ADVENTURING THROUGH HEAVEN!?

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Well, we have an official Okamiden trailer:

I'm hesitant to get my hopes up. On the one hand, it LOOKS, and sounds, like the Okami we all know and love. With the added bonus of Ammy being a puppy. BUT, will this be fun to play on the DS? The trailer made it look simple enough, but will it be fun? Will the story be worth a damn?

WILL I EVER GET MY DREAM SEQUEL OF THE GOLDEN PAIR OF WAKA AND AMATERASU ADVENTURING THROUGH HEAVEN!?
    looks... so... awesome...

but it also looks like the exact same game. Still, I'm impressed, if the graphics nd music really hold up that well, and its also one of the only cases where I actual feel the DS stylus is legitimatley ideal for a game (normally I hate it) I *LOVED* the first game, played nothing else for like six months.

I am.. cautiously optomistic about this. Probably going to eliminate the sake element, but thats hardly a dealbreaker to me.

And I also would also have preferred a true sequal, but it looks like they'll be reusing a lot of the locations and characters in this. I am a *little* bothered by it being just a few months later, can't the world exist in peace for a WHILE before some great evil pops up again?
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Indiscriminate Grappler Gokuyuske's Avatar

Default Re: Okami

Bumped for this:

Three Okami Sun shirt, bitches!

Ex. Member of COOL PANTS 9 KagePakkun!'s Avatar

THAT IS FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!! I want one!!

Apparently only 500 were made.

Damn it.

And there will be one to win at a raffle at comic-con? Hey, *I'M* going to comic-con! I could w-- oh. right. comic-con is huge. Probably won't even find it. Let alone win against however many hundreds of other people enter.

Curses.

Make it avaialble on amazon, capcom!

Also, apparently the Japanese release of Okamiden is getting a crazy collectors edition expensive deluxe box with... stuff.

Yes, those are wolf headphones.

AND STILL the game won't get here till 2011!
    Last edited by Robby; July 16th, 2010 at 12:19 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Indiscriminate Grappler Gokuyuske's Avatar

You must win that shirt, Robby. Use the Will of D! Or the heart of the cards.

I'd totally wear those headphones. I don't care how many people would mock me derisively and/or question my sexuality! Then I'd show them all by giving that cute Chibiterasu to my lady friend...

Quote Originally Posted by robbybedfart View Post

Also, apparently the Japanese release of Okamiden is getting a crazy collectors edition expensive deluxe box with... stuff.
    http://static.gamesradar.com/images/...icle_image.jpg

Yes, those are wolf headphones.

AND STILL the game won't get here till 2011!
    So much win, I hope that collectors edition make it to europe
    3DS FC: 0903-2798-9958
    PSN: H3kt1
    My YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuw...yK6eHc5FiDIEOw

This reminds me that I still need to get this game. I only played a few hours of it back around it's release date.

Ex. Member of COOL PANTS 9 KagePakkun!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    This reminds me that I still need to get this game. I only played a few hours of it back around it's release date.
    PLAY IT NOW!!! OKAMI IS AWESOMMESAUCE!!!

Buy me it, or otherwise it has to wait. XD

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oxYlQlmAEpw&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oxYlQlmAEpw&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Default Re: Okami and Okami DS

Yeah. Won't be waiting for this one to be used for a discount price. That'll be a first day release sort of purchase.

2011? Sigh.

Looks great though. Mermaid partner? Interesting. Still a bit worried about handling the controls AND the stylus at the same time though.
    Last edited by Robby; July 19th, 2010 at 08:59 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information