+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: American Politics: A Brand New Day

Default Re: American Politics: A Brand New Day

Well if you're in failing health or injured then yeah, you can miss it, but Trump has no excuse. He's just immature and petty.

About reversing everything Trump did, I understand why. However I think Biden reversing everything is a little rushed. Don't you think he should save some decisions and put them into consideration on how to improve that? It's almost like what Trump did after Obama left. I would like hold some decisions to improve that part or add to it.
    Currently writing a book

https://www.facebook.com/redjoekido

So Trump left behind a pre-taped farewell address, where he said, "The world respects us again. Please don't lose that respect." To which pretty much everyone replied, "yeah, now that you're gone." It's hilarious.
    https://secondnexus.com/donald-trump...YoW88Sof1zTD2I

And remember MyPillow guy? Well, getting caught with martial law documents made a bunch of retailers drop his product. Which made him do something of an on-air loony tantrum meltdown:
    https://www.comicsands.com/mypillow-...VNAZ2yDGJCXIwA

How did this guy get involved with politics again?

Quote Originally Posted by joekido the Second View Post
    About reversing everything Trump did, I understand why. However I think Biden reversing everything is a little rushed. Don't you think he should save some decisions and put them into consideration on how to improve that? It's almost like what Trump did after Obama left. I would like hold some decisions to improve that part or add to it.
    Even if he overturns decisions, first and foremost is the pandemic. Period. If we can get a little less emergency out of our systems we can sit down and look at things one by one. I would like to think that Biden is smart enough to go over things slowly, but we're not in a situation where we can take most things slowly. And even if we have majority, there are still plenty of Senators and Congressmen who can make things annoying if we automatically flip everything Trump.

Not that I'm against that, particularly, almost everything Trump has signed has been awful. I want to rejoin the Paris Climate Accord RIGHT NOW.

Honestly Biden got so incredibly lucky that trump was his competition. I think this is the only way he could've ever won. He's so not appealing to any specific demographic that the only chance he had was if he went against someone universally hated. I don't think theres ever been election that had "at least you aren't the other guy" on the forefront. I think most people can agree both are absolutely pathetic, and while I and many other feel some relief right now in reality the next 4 years probably aren't going to me all that great. Hope is not felt as much as lessened dread.
    The real arlong park was the friends we made along the way

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Even if he overturns decisions, first and foremost is the pandemic. Period. If we can get a little less emergency out of our systems we can sit down and look at things one by one. I would like to think that Biden is smart enough to go over things slowly, but we're not in a situation where we can take most things slowly. And even if we have majority, there are still plenty of Senators and Congressmen who can make things annoying if we automatically flip everything Trump.

Not that I'm against that, particularly, almost everything Trump has signed has been awful. I want to rejoin the Paris Climate Accord RIGHT NOW.
    I've always wondered why do Republican presidents keeps taking us out of the Paris Climate Accord if Democrat presidents are just gonna put us back in? Can the Republicans just leave it alone already? There is nothing wrong with taking care of the climate. Can't the Republicans and Democrats sit down and make compromise over it?
    Currently writing a book

Republicans don't believe in science.

And they'd rather make money than take care of the planet. Or they're being controlled by big corporations who would REALLY rather make money than save the planet. People who can't see the bigger picture.

Albertans are throwing a shit fit because Biden said no to the Keystone pipeline. A pipeline everyone in Canada said NO to, but since Alberta are unable to have an economy without oil they got their way anyway. None of the oil is going into Canada's economy and is just going to be sold to China instead, and they have the gall to get pissed at Biden?

Quote Originally Posted by Blake Bakes Cakes View Post
    Honestly Biden got so incredibly lucky that trump was his competition. I think this is the only way he could've ever won. He's so not appealing to any specific demographic that the only chance he had was if he went against someone universally hated. I don't think theres ever been election that had "at least you aren't the other guy" on the forefront. I think most people can agree both are absolutely pathetic, and while I and many other feel some relief right now in reality the next 4 years probably aren't going to me all that great. Hope is not felt as much as lessened dread.
    I kind of agree, but also I'm not sure what would have happened if his campaign had done a better job of covering up whatever issues caused that one weird press conference with Cornpop and "hairy legs".

His biggest enemy in this election was the DNC itself, who fractured the left during an extremely sketchy primary season and would have cost us everything if Trump hadn't instituted a military crackdown on protesters and civilians in June.

I will say I'm fascinated with the some of the goalpost moving "reluctant Biden supporters" have been doing in response to him...well generally keeping promises and building a progressive cabinet and staff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Well yeah, I voted Biden because Trump is just too much for me. This guy just can't do his job right and uses the executive office to get what he wants. Biden is too close to the end of his life span to be president but he was the only chance to throw Trump out. Voting Biden was to assure our survival, I voted Biden so this nation will survive for our children, their own children, their grandchildren and their great great great grandchildren to grow up in the same United States we are living on. However like I did with Trump, I'm still hoping Biden would surprise us. I'm not expecting anything from him, if he does indeed make America great in the correct way; this will be the greatest choice we made.
    Currently writing a book

Honestly Biden got so incredibly lucky that trump was his competition.
    Trump was Hillary's competition and look what went down there along with the fact that Trump this time around got more votes than he did the first time around. Not that there wasn't some luck involved especially considering how Biden lost Florida and Ohio which should've been won or more narrow.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    His biggest enemy in this election was the DNC itself, who fractured the left during an extremely sketchy primary season and would have cost us everything if Trump hadn't instituted a military crackdown on protesters and civilians in June.
    You forgot Republicans getting him off on impeachment and his incredibly stupid idea to piss on mail in ballots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

The Cuban and Venezuelan exiles won’t vote left until they understand that Democrat is not our left but your left, as in center right, combine that with the senior citizens and the Florida men the most impressive subculture of red necks, So that Florida dream is just that.

One of Trumpy’s final actions was even a gesture at us, that as this tweet puts it shouldn’t balance out his other few death rattle actions: https://twitter.com/joeleando/status...947889153?s=21
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Trump was Hillary's competition and look what went down there along with the fact that Trump this time around got more votes than he did the first time around. Not that there wasn't some luck involved especially considering how Biden lost Florida and Ohio which should've been won or more narrow.
    In retrospect Hillary ran a much worse campaign than Biden.

I hope we never live to see another Democratic candidate so inept that they devote valuable campaign time to attacking a popular internet meme, or hiring an army of internet trolls to piss off voters and unintentionally motivate them to vote for the other side, or actively promoting the most insane person running in the Republican primaries, or completely ignoring key states for no good reason...

The fact that Trump almost lost to Hillary is proof that he really needed the presidency, a Republican senate with no morals, a major news network willing to promote any lie as fact, and a digital bully pulpit in the form of Twitter to make himself a truly popular candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    You forgot Republicans getting him off on impeachment and his incredibly stupid idea to piss on mail in ballots.
    Based on the sheer number of votes he got, it doesn't seem like his attacks on mail-in voting caused significant problems for him.

Trump got the most votes in history. If he'd had these numbers last time he would have beaten Clinton by almost 10 million votes, and not just electoral college shenanigans. We can't even chalk that up to population change, it's only been 4 years. THAT many people thought he was doing a great job.

And that was WITH a year of plague and mass protests and brutality.

He was in no way "universally hated", though that boggles my mind. I'd thought for sure he'd do worse than the first time around but nope. He was not lucky easy opponent that anyone could beat. And if he'd actually handled the pandemic well (promoting mask use, regular checks, etc.) he might have been unbeatable.

Luckily, Trumps most votes in history only lasted a day until Biden's votes were counted.

I'm not a big fan of Biden myself, but I can see what people DO see in him, and yes, a large part of his appeal IS "exact opposite of Trump in personality" but a lot of his policies are also much more palatable towards the middle and he's not as extreme as other candidates would have been..
    Last edited by Robby; January 21st, 2021 at 04:56 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

In retrospect Hillary ran a much worse campaign than Biden.

I hope we never live to see another Democratic candidate so inept that they devote valuable campaign time to attacking a popular internet meme, or hiring an army of internet trolls to piss off voters and unintentionally motivate them to vote for the other side, or actively promoting the most insane person running in the Republican primaries, or completely ignoring key states for no good reason...
    Still amazes me at 4 years after Hillary lost, you still point out the dumbest reasons as why she lost.

Trump didn't need the things you listed to be a popular candidate. He needed you. He needed someone who has spent 4 years "complaining' about Trump, while being harsh on Democrats for all the wrong reasons.

I would LIKE to say I'm surprised on the day of inaugurating Trump's replacement, you're criticizing Hillary Clinton for *checks your post* "hiring an army of internet trolls to piss off voters", but it's pretty on brand for you.

I mean we both live in the same congressional district and you've spent more time on here bitching about Clinton than our congressman who has spent the last 4 years openly campaigning with and is funded by White Supremacy groups.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    Still amazes me at 4 years after Hillary lost, you still point out the dumbest reasons as why she lost.

Trump didn't need the things you listed to be a popular candidate. He needed you. He needed someone who has spent 4 years "complaining' about Trump, while being harsh on Democrats for all the wrong reasons.

I would LIKE to say I'm surprised on the day of inaugurating Trump's replacement, you're criticizing Hillary Clinton for *checks your post* "hiring an army of internet trolls to piss off voters", but it's pretty on brand for you.

I mean we both live in the same congressional district and you've spent more time on here bitching about Clinton than our congressman who has spent the last 4 years openly campaigning with and is funded by White Supremacy groups.
    Putting aside the fact that no, I wasn't saying that was why she lost (it was Comey), how did I help Trump become popular?

Even if I never criticized another Democrat, there's so much stuff stuff floating around that contributes to the left's dissatisfaction with Democratic candidates that it wouldn't make a difference.

People shouldn't just sit by quietly while the person they were essentially forced to vote for very publicly fails to live up to their expectations over and over.

Edit: Maybe the problem is that I haven't made my point clearly enough in the past.
    The Pepe and Correct The Record complaints are examples of a mistake a lot of Democrats have made and continue to make: they attack the voters.

This isn't a policy issue, and although it is a campaign issue because of the bad PR the practice generates (see Mitt Romney's loss for why that matters), my complaints generally come down to personal grudges shared by a large number of others.
    It's shitty when a rich, entitled white elite candidate groomed for the throne attacks the masses, and it gets more and more anger inducing each time it happens.

That's why I complain about Hillary whenever the topic comes up.
    Last edited by RoboBlue; January 21st, 2021 at 07:04 AM.

Putting aside the fact that no, I wasn't saying that was why she lost (it was Comey), how did I help Trump become popular?
    It's been explained to you over and over. You VERY consistently pull "both sides" arguments on any issue and carried Trump's water by echoing his propaganda. Not just once or twice, but all the time.

I had a longer thing written out here, but...

New guy, new regime, could you please stop with HER EMAILS style stuff and we can all pretend its a fresh slate?
    Last edited by Robby; January 21st, 2021 at 08:04 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

What do you guys think about Trump possibly starting a new party? The "Patriot Party" or whatever he calls it? Could this be a real thing?

Part of me just wants him gone, I'm seriously sick of his mere existence dominating and poisoning the discourse every other day (and I don't even live in the US...), but on the other hand I would love the Republicans to pay dearly for feeding this monster in the past 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    What do you guys think about Trump possibly starting a new party? The "Patriot Party" or whatever he calls it? Could this be a real thing?

Part of me just wants him gone, I'm seriously sick of his mere existence dominating and poisoning the discourse every other day (and I don't even live in the US...), but on the other hand I would love the Republicans to pay dearly for feeding this monster in the past 4 years.
    As i've stated before, I feel the worst outcome for 2024 is Biden vs Trump part 2, electric boogaloo. Two old white guys again, only now Biden potentially loses steam if the presidency isn't so smooth and now he faces more direct blame for things (i.e covid's remaining threat four years from now). I know conversely, if the next four years are good, he has the home field advantage.
    But
    I feel the best thing for either party is to move past either of them for fresher, younger faces. Republicans need to excise the Trump tumor ASAP if they don't want to sink with him.

It'd be great karma for them and their dickish actions, but at the same time, it'd be more time and exposure Trump injects into our lives perhaps to his literal dying breath. I can't take anymore of his scowling face or his inevitable "yeah i was the best president ever, america doesn't know what they've lost" arrogance we'll probably see.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information