+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Chapter 966: Roger and Whitebeard

Default Re: Chapter 966: Roger and Whitebeard

The way he threw an ocean quaking fit when Oden wanted to leave for a while said all needed to say. I think it is fair to say that his hurt them and i end you commitment to his family was legit. I'd rather have it be that Oden nulled the bond when he left the family than that Whitestache didn't live by his code. Either option is bad but one is so much worse than the other

Oden was his brother, not his son. That implies a different type of relationship.

I mean it was just meant to be a temporarily leave

In comparing the texts from chapter 301 and chapter 966, I'm noticing more how different Oda's drawings were in 2003 compared to now, as he uses more solid black lines for example.

YP is such an ass hyping the next chapter already

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    It will probably get leaked in the next few days.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Is this YP an actual insider or just some random douche who gets stolen magazine copies?
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Oh, damn... was hoping we wouldn't get a super early chapter this time. Those always come back to bite us when we end up with a 2 week break on our hands.

Battle between two 5 billion beri men.

I am the Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Luca View Post
    I think the reason he tried to save Ace was pretty obvious, WB knew the about the will of the D, he was grooming Ace to become pirate king so he could bring on the dawn of the world because roger couldnít.

If he wasnt a D (and rogers son), I donít see him going to marineford and wasting hundreds of lives for one. Whereas with Ace, despite the initial sacrifices, on the long run he would have saved perhaps the entire world from the WG tyrannical rule.
    Do you really think Whitebeard just fought to save Ace because he's a D? Do you really think that if it were, for example, Marco or Vista he would let them die?
    This is ridiculous. Oda would not portray Whitebeard as an asshole who cares more about a lineage than the lives of his comrades (that would be against all the values ​​that manga defends).
    Whitebeard went to save Ace was he his son and he cared about him and he would do the same for any other crew member.
    The way you talk seems until he made his crew members be there when in fact everyone was there of their own accord because Ace was also a member of his family and they didn't want him to die (just as Ace would do the same for them)
    I find it funny that people criticize Whitebeard for risking his crew to save Ace but ignore that Luffy did the same for Robin in Enies Lobby, of course none of them died because they are the protagonists but the attitude was the same. Do you also think Luffy was wrong to do that? or does he care more about Robin than others?

Damn you YonkoProductions

Quote Originally Posted by MajinArekkusu View Post
    Is this YP an actual insider or just some random douche who gets stolen magazine copies?
    16 chars of he latter.

Quote Originally Posted by krule274 View Post
    • 22nd of dec: chapter 966
    • 29th of dec: no chapter
    • 5th of january: chapter 967
    • 12th of january: no chapter
    • 19th of january: chapter 968
    We'll probs get early spoilers/chapters this weekend hopefully

It's always a blessing to get an early chapter this time of year, but it also means we have a two week break instead of two one week breaks. Though I suppose the release of the official translation is a good mid point.
    Praise our king, First fist of the Sea, DonMarimo DoBuggino exploring Bonesbeard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    If someone seriously claimed that Whitebeard was running a vibrator business as his second job you'd ignore him as a troll.
    3DS FC: 2406-5148-3376

Don't you remember why did Whitebeard take Ace as a son in the first place?
    Well, it has nothing to do with his father neither for his name : )
    He wants a family. Regardless of the price, his family will protect each other's life. A family which would never left another member dies alone.
    "Dying in a battle" isn't the same as "He will be executed". The first can happen any time; however, if he let the second happen then he is nothing but a traitor!

Quote Originally Posted by Luca View Post
    I was just re-reading the marine ford arc, and in a panel he has a bubble thought of luffy, saying: if you are a D show me whats beyond this era.

Personally I would have tried to save him alone as it was my decision as a captain to allow Ace to leave. But then again I'm not whitebeard so...
    We don't know what D means. Whoever has it, he can change predestination. In other words, he saved Luffy because he couldn't go any further. When he was dying, he knows "Pirate King" isn't Teach. You can say that he saw Luffy's power when he saved Ace. Luffy, who has no experience, did a lot of things which turned the table. Even though he was weak and powerless, he saved his brother by using all what he had (mostly unaware).

Whitebeard was against Ace. He told him it was his orders as a father, who take responsible of his son's actions. That's why Ace cried after hearing that... While his brothers were proud.

Oh, I wanna cry now~
    Last edited by Joud; December 26th, 2019 at 08:48 PM.

January and April are always the toughest for the weekly readers outside Japan. Japan's residents appreciate those deserved holidays.

My personal theory on the thing that both Luffy and Roger said is something related to just having a big laugh.
    My favorite films of all time - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest; The Apartment; The Shining; Rear Window; Casablanca; All About Eve; Amadeus; Stalag 17; The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence; Key Largo; Ball of Fire; Alien; Dr. Strangelove; The Good, The Bad and The Ugly; Vertigo; Jaws; Punch-Drunk Love

Epic chapter. 'nough said.

Well damn! I had no clue the next chapter was going to be coming out on Monday instead of Sunday. I was so hyped to read it and refreshed for like 2 minutes straight, lmao.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information