+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 966: Roger and Whitebeard

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Default Re: Chapter 966: Roger and Whitebeard

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    I still do not get how Roger could have known that the 4 red stones are pointing to the final island if he couldn't read them at all
    Roger says that the voices speak of a great power... Sooo
    I suppose the VOAT allows him to know stuff about the poneglyphs but not specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Roger says that the voices speak of a great power
    Yep.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chams View Post
    I love how our speculations of "did Roger take Shanks and Buggy - 2 kids!!! - to Raftel???" just changed to "did he take baby Momo and Hiyori there???"

Oden's words show that even he didn't know about the Void Century and ponegliphs, even though he learned to read them. He went with Roger to follow clues left by his ancestors. So even Wano had no info on the Void Century.

Also, where was Toki during this whole conversation. Apparently she doesn't know anything that happened 800 years ago.
    I recall Inu or Neko said they didn't reach Laugh Tale along with Oden and Roger. So yeah we could expect the thing getting off-paneled while Shanks, Buggy, Toki, Momo, Hiyori, Inu and Neko all eat cookies and drink tea at Lodestar.

Low-key highlight of the chapter was Whitebeard being super pissed at the thought of Oden leaving

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    Thats amazing, it has to be something other than the usual “im gonna be the pirate king”, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by EvoWarrior5 View Post
    I-...

If after this chapter people are *still* doubting that they said something special and not just "I wanna be Pirate King :D" then I don't think any argument in the world can convince you... Until Oda reveals it that is
    When I first read this chapter and was reminded of the parallels, I was beginning to consider this possibility. But after further thought, I realized that the one big strike against this theory is that Luffy is just a simple kid. With mysterious characters like Roger or Shanks that we don't know much about, sure, you can easily picture something they've said being cut off as this super intriguing thing. But with it being framed as being the exact same thing Luffy as a kid has also said, as well as Roger also being described as childish by Whitebeard, it's extremely doubtful that it's going to be this huge deal.

Now of course, the argument will be that it seems weird for Oda to want to omit something as straightforward as "I want to become King of the Pirates" or something along those lines, but perhaps he views it differently for all we know, maybe he has a future panel in mind that will tie it all together beautifully.

The only other alternative I can think of is something like them wanting to be the most free person ever or whatever, but I wouldn't really describe that as being a "special" declaration that they could both reasonably say. That's like the 2nd most obvious thing they could both say.

Wait, on page 4 Oden said he was stunned second time today during his reaction after hearing Roger's redacted quote but why "today"?

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Finally, I can enjoy the chapter

Edit 2: Lodestar isn't bad at all.
    i think lodestar is the correct one to describe , which i think have the same or similar meaning to road star

Quote Originally Posted by Hisoga View Post
    Wait, on page 4 Oden said he was stunned second time today during his reaction after hearing Roger's redacted quote but why "today"?
    Might be a mistake and be referring to him gwtting bitchslaped.

Or it's about his secret family language being a big deal around the world when they are so closed off and it's so secret.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Really fun chapter

Lodestar is a strange name. It's not rode to reference it's a road. It's not lone to reference a final destination. It's just a weird name.
    i think i means what i means

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Sengokusgoat View Post
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lodestar

Taking that origin into account, I'm gonna bet Lodestar is a sky island and that's why it's so hard to get there.
    oh, someone already got to it, i am beat

anyway, i dont think lodestar is sky island

sky island is above jaya, which caused by knocked up stream, and in blue sea

i dont think it's in new world

what say you?

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Might be a mistake and be referring to him gwtting bitchslaped.

Or it's about his secret family language being a big deal around the world when they are so closed off and it's so secret.
    yeah, maybe its like you said..

Quote Originally Posted by silver_planet View Post
    Yep, I Google'd the same thing. Nice

And of course the Rayleigh scene with Momo.

Reminds him of the old days. What does it mean? Has he a child?

Or do we should believe they mean Shanks and Buggy who were stated to be on board for a long time already in this chapter as well
    May be Shank and Buggy joined them( in better ward 'rescued') when they were toddlers.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

I still do not get how Roger could have known that the 4 red stones are pointing to the final island if he couldn't read them at all
    Voice of all things..

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    So i guess that guy next to Rayleigh really is the Sanji of the Roger pirates.
    But where is the Jinbe?

But where is the Jinbe?
    Maybe it's this guy.

Yeah, that massive fishman is part of the main group for sure. He's in almost every important panel, even right next to Oden during the party.

I wonder what happened to him. It's not like there are many places for a fishman looking this monstrous.
    Last edited by Jabra; December 22nd, 2019 at 09:59 PM.

I guess whatever's special about Blackbeard's body involves him having two of something.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Yeah, that massive fishman is part of the main group for sure. He's in almost every important panel, even right next to Oden during the party.

I wonder what happened to him. It's not like there are many places for a fishman looking this monstrous.
    Maybe he went back to Fishman Island, possibly even having been in the Fishman Island arc, but we just didn't realize it.

It's funny, because he's apparently meant to be the same big guy who was at Roger's battle with Shiki, but he didn't quite look like a fishman to me somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by electricmastro View Post
    Maybe he went back to Fishman Island, possibly even having been in the Fishman Island arc, but we just didn't realize it.

It's funny, because he's apparently meant to be the same big guy who was at Roger's battle with Shiki, but he didn't quite look like a fishman to me somehow.

https://i.imgur.com/4Kss4id.png

https://i.imgur.com/PHn8TBr.png
    Damn if this isn't a great find! Yeah this must be his early design, with the anime doing their part.

If rayleigh and scopper are the zoro and sanji of roger pirates, then who the hell are Oden and Bullet of straw hat pirates?? Maybe there will be two guys stronger then sanji and zoro that will join from now on.

Oh and BB and buggy go way back, BB even fought roger and his crew. Like marines sure are clueless for not giving BB a bounty and giving buggy only 15m. I can't wait to see Buggy & shanks vs BB fight reunion. Shanks vs BB, buggy vs shilliew maybe.
    Last edited by uniaka ikuzakas; December 22nd, 2019 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Damn if this isn't a great find! Yeah this must be his early design, with the anime doing their part.
    Yeah, I imagine the animators guessed quite a bit in what the color schemes of characters looked like as opposed to asking Oda himself.

Rayleigh went through a design change as well when looking back at when he appears in episode 8, because he's seen in Buggy's flashback. The digitally colored version of his debut chapter, chapter 19, has different coloring as well.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information