+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Chapter 963: Becoming Samurai

Default Re: Chapter 963: Becoming Samurai

I think Oden, at a time, is the strongest Whitebeard pirate apart from Whitebeard himself. He's like Roger's Rayleigh to Whitebeard.

On the Roger Pirates, however, I can't picture him to be stronger than the top 3 (Roger, Rayleigh, and Scopper Gaban). I can compare him to Jimbei too, in regards to the timing of his joining and his rank in strength by the time Jimbei reunites with the SH.
    Some long-term predictions:
    Vegapunk with Paw-Paw fruit for Nakama!!!
    Kaidou is gonna be killed by Blackbeard and get his strongest Zoan DF!!!

Mangaspoiler Emigrant RigaCrypto's Avatar

Now that you mentioned Jimbe, I think he will come to the rescue and help all the samurais and SH's get across the sea to Onigashima. There is no motive for the destruction of all the ships otherwise.
    Luffy vs Katakuri compilation : https://www.docdroid.net/qrFOY9p/luffyxkata.pdf

Luffy vs Cracker compilation : https://www.docdroid.net/Pk06JZL/luffy-vs-cracker.pdf

Luffy vs Doflamingo compilation : https://www.docdroid.net/VDl3Ctf/luffyxdoffy.pdf

Great plot twist that probably wonít happen: Orochi has an insurance policy in case the Kozuki clan returns: Queen Toki is locked up on the island.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

But also, it’s really dumb that she decided to stay behind and burn to death because her husband was dead. What a shitty mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post

But also, it’s really dumb that she decided to stay behind and burn to death because her husband was dead. What a shitty mom.
    Can't argue against that, but in OP verse it is probably akin to Shanks betting his hand and the future on Luffy. Maybe after all those years/different times she had been to, she had a way of determining he posses VOAT...etc, it is also very interesting how Kozuki and Minks have a pact from long ago and a Kozuki can order Zunisha. I wonder if Zunisha will take part in the war against Kaido and Bigmom.

I still don't see how they can take out 2 Emperors with their current forces, even if Jinbe and the remaining Whitebeard commanders came to their aid. At most I can see them take out Kaido.

Quote Originally Posted by RigaCrypto View Post
    Now that you mentioned Jimbe, I think he will come to the rescue and help all the samurais and SH's get across the sea to Onigashima. There is no motive for the destruction of all the ships otherwise.
    I think Jimbe is stuck under the two hunks of cliff that Zoro hacked off Wano.

Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanErrorist View Post
    If anything, this Flashback is just setting up how powerful Oden actually was. Kaido's massive scar is a testament to his power. I really wonder how he was defeated.

Momonosuke being his son means that he has great great potential to become a powerful shogun of Wano if trained properly.
    "...if trained properly."

I'm sorry. Can't help it.

air to surface missiles asm00200's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Great plot twist that probably wonít happen: Orochi has an insurance policy in case the Kozuki clan returns: Queen Toki is locked up on the island.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

But also, itís really dumb that she decided to stay behind and burn to death because her husband was dead. What a shitty mom.
    You missed the part about it being her last stop and that her journey of travelling to the future is over. And her death (and scabbards' death) puts Orochi in a questionable place whenever he talks about the scabbards coming back for revenge in the eyes of his men who don't buy it.
    What is Oden saying to WB?
    Become my son Whitebeard.

Quote Originally Posted by asm00200 View Post
    You missed the part about it being her last stop and that her journey of travelling to the future is over. And her death (and scabbards' death) puts Orochi in a questionable place whenever he talks about the scabbards coming back for revenge in the eyes of his men who don't buy it.
    If the scabbards can be considered dead because they vanished from that time, why the same couldn't happen to her? And just because her prior journey was over doesn't mean her responsibilities as a parent were as well, I think that was what Zephray meant.

That could be explained easily though, Oda just needs to say at a later point that she can only use her power once per day and she can't travel along with others at the same time.
    Last edited by .access timeco.; November 30th, 2019 at 09:03 AM.

air to surface missiles asm00200's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    If the scabbards can be considered dead because they vanished from that time, why the same couldn't happen to her? And just because her prior journey was over doesn't mean her responsibilities as a parent were as well, I think that was what Zephray meant.

That could be explained easily though, Oda just needs to say at a later point that she can only use her power once per day and she can't travel along with others at the same time.
    About the bold, while we don't have all the facts about her last moments so our conclusions may not be perfect, I would argue that witnessing her death was what helped the scabbards fake their death since at least her body is present and they (Orochi & co) saw her die, so it's more feasible for the people to accept that the scabbards have died since they wouldn't let the wife of their leader (or master) die for them. But if she disappears as well, then people will have better reasons to question the scabbards' fate.
    What is Oden saying to WB?
    Become my son Whitebeard.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information