+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 961: The Mountain God Incident

Default Re: Chapter 961: The Mountain God Incident

It's just bad writing, that's the simple answer to it. No smoke and mirrors or ulterior motive or some grand thing about it. He did a chapter where a character does unneeded, sideline exposition and now he's doing some herculean send-up and it just ends up being pathetic in its way of grabbing you by the throat and telling you "isn't he so cool?"

I just hope it gets better instead of continuing to be so heavy handed and talky.

You are on a quest to become the Pirate Prince, and you decide your fate!

Didn't he literally done this before with Kyros?

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Didn't he literally done this before with Kyros?
    Not really. Kyros was portrayed as strong not a messiah. Also he wasn't dodgning raindrops at 6 years or something similarly precocious. The person trying to arrest him saw him as murderer and his wife hated him and he himself felt bad about killing a man. He was a person who happened to be strong.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    After all, he got disowned for something he didn't do, except that's what he wanted.
    Maybe i misunderstood it but i thought it felt like he was already being disowned before porkmageddon ever came about.

Exactly, last chap, some official guy gave the disown reasons to Oden's father. And now the messenger gave them to Oden.
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

It looks like even when Oden was 18 years old, he already mastered Enma, that looked like CoA Haki when he sliced the giant boar's teeth.

Haters gonna hate, I'm loving Oden and this flashback already.

Granted, Oda probably should've been more subtle with the in-series praise this chapter (I think it was fine in present day Wano though, since most of it came from the mouths of the Scabbards and other people who knew and loved him for years) but the guy's got enough feats and personality to buy into it.

Also, Kinemon was great this chapter. The guy needed a good moment and he finally got one fighting against the boar.

Can't wait to see more of Orochi too.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

Queen's got the Funk Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

Regarding the cover story, I think the one smooching anyone to death was... Queen!
    Not Kaidou's Queen though, but Doffy's Queen (the one with the vacuum cleaner).
    After Franky kissed her, she probably searched for another one who could kiss like him.
    actual sized Queen-GIF (alternative colours): https://media.giphy.com/media/SUEiLt...hgCz/giphy.gif
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zacho View Post
    Regarding the cover story, I think the one smooching anyone to death was... Queen!
    Not Kaidou's Queen though, but Doffy's Queen (the one with the vacuum cleaner).
    After Franky kissed her, she probably searched for another one who could kiss like him.
    Shouldnt she be in prison though?

Queen's got the Funk Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NamiRobinFrankyAce View Post
    Shouldnt she be in prison though?
    I honestly don't know.
    If it's indeed Lola, this behaviour is suspicious. And the only alternative that came to my mind was Doffy's Queen.
    actual sized Queen-GIF (alternative colours): https://media.giphy.com/media/SUEiLt...hgCz/giphy.gif
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zacho View Post
    I honestly don't know.
    If it's indeed Lola, this behaviour is suspicious. And the only alternative that came to my mind was Doffy's Queen.
    Dunno, she always had kind of a rapey vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Dunno, she always had kind of a rapey vibe.
    Oh shit. I completely forgot how her shadow acted during Thriller Bark. That's actually really creepy if true. Absalom level creepy. One of the men has lipstick on the belly, how did that happen...? Lola is much taller than a regular human, did she beat them first and then kissed his torso? Or was she crouching? Or did she held them up like a doll, Big Mom / Brook style?

Man, this is super disturbing. Why did you bring that up? I didn't even notice that these man had lipstick allover them.

Edit:

Maybe it's an attack, like Ivankov's hellwink? Flying lip-imprint-smooch or something?

King of the Monsters Lucky Dragon's Avatar

On the subject concerning the likability of Kozuki Oden, I don't believe it really matters if the reader thinks he's cool or not since he's already dead anyway. Still, I don't think one can make a fair assessment of him one way or the other after appearances that span a whopping two chapters.

I'm more curious about what role Kurozumi Orochi will play, I think that's what will make or break this flashback. Seems like his rise to power is what we're going to focus on moving forward. Which would be appropriate because as far as i'm concerned, Orochi is a more reprehensible figure for this arc than Kaido is.

I thought of Godzilla as the embodiment of violence and hatred for mankind, because he was created by atomic energy. He's like a symbol of humanity's complicity in their own destruction. He doesn't have an emotion. He is an emotion. Jun Fukuda

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Dragon View Post
    I'm more curious about what role Kurozumi Orochi will play, I think that's what will make or break this flashback. Seems like his rise to power is what we're going to focus on moving forward. Which would be appropriate because as far as i'm concerned, Orochi is a more reprehensible figure for this arc than Kaido is.
    Did Orochi invite Kaido to Wano? Or did Kaido invade Wano and Orochi sided with him? If Orochi is the reason why Kaido is in Wano, then he is more important than I thought he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    Did Orochi invite Kaido to Wano? Or did Kaido invade Wano and Orochi sided with him? If Orochi is the reason why Kaido is in Wano, then he is more important than I thought he was.
    I think Kaido knew of Oden from being on Roger's crew. Being the younger guys on their respective crews, they could've been rivals during that time, but we'll have to wait and see. This current flashback was 3 years before the God Valley Incident

I just hope next chapter will start to talk about all of this. Whitebeard,Roger,Kaido,etc....it would be boring as hell instead if it will be centered on Oden meeting Ashura Doji or Raizou. Do we really need to know how he met and conquered the heart of everyone of them? I think we dont. Just skip some years and go to the really good stuff. Oden meeting Whitebeard and Orochi meeting Kaido,those are the key factors of this flashback.

I hope Oda takes his time with the flashback. He's been skipping too much lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    I hope Oda takes his time with the flashback. He's been skipping too much lately.
    I would rather see the fire festival soon and maybe finish the oden flashback later when scabbards/momonosuke get to fight the shogun/kaidou. Too much stuff going on in present with orochi and the alliance to focus on flashback. Not even going to mention about stuff going on outside of wano like wg vs warlords.

Seen some colloquy about who is and isn't Luffy's "executive" recently. If there are any execs in this crew, it shouldn't be a question on this forum. Apropos, where they are walking to, is the eponym for this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Seen some colloquy about who is and isn't Luffy's "executive" recently. If there are any execs in this crew, it shouldn't be a question on this forum. Apropos, where they are walking to, is the eponym for this forum. https://i.makeagif.com/media/6-25-2015/uyTEip.gif
    Where was this convo? I imagine that if he has executives in the crew, it would include literally all of them.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information