+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 960: Introducing Kozuki Oden

Default Re: Chapter 960: Introducing Kozuki Oden

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed
    but I'm not going to pass it off as fact either when it's clearly not confirmed.
    Good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Nothing annoys me more than you powers don't work on me just because I'm too strong.
    Same, but that's where we are in post timeskip One Piece.

I mean I get why Oda went that route, the pre-ts "rulesystem" was simply too limiting I guess, but I was also a fan of specific conditions when it comes to those overpowering attacks.

So there is people that believe Sugar could turn Kaido into a toy?

Quote Originally Posted by roamingwolf View Post
    More like there's no reason to believe that Haki, or just the mere fact that he's a Yonko, means he's somehow magically immune to Sugar's ability.

But Oda would never write a scenario like that to begin with, so it's a moot point.

Sugar's power feels like it'd be more at home in Jojo than One Piece tbh, it's not quite the same brand of weirdness as everyone else's abilities and that makes it pretty broken.

That said, if it did come down to Kaido v Sugar I think Oda would just plot armour Kaido through it, but probably in a way that ets him out of the confrontation rather than through it. Like, she goes in for the approach but he's too intimidating and she can't bring herself to touch him or something like that. Technically it would work, but she'd never in a million years be given the chance.

Even if Kaido were to be turned into a Toy he would still be stronger than everyone in Dressrosa. That's how Oda would address that particular encounter, I think. All it takes to overcome Sugar is to make her faint.

Year of Sanji, let's go!

Kaido is too scary for Sugar to even get close, no way Sugar is getting near him without getting KOed by Kaido's terrifying presence or CoC Haki. I also believe Jewelry Bonney's powers works on a same principle (or a beam like Foxy's Noro Noro or Hancock's Mero Mero), and she is not a scaredy cat like Sugar, still she was no match for Blackbeard Pirates. There are many ways to counter those abilities, Luffy showed without even using CoO Haki or CoA Haki. Moria's ability is hax too, once he steals your shadow he can kill you since you are KOed, why Moria didn't try to steal Kaido's shadow? Kaido would never give him that chance. Even if he did, his subordinates can help him. We also know Oden damaged / wounded Kaido, it could be a cheap-shot but even that didn't work obviously, and they say Kaido is immortal, we need to see how, perhaps Kaido's mythical zoan can heal just like Marco's mythical zoan ability.

We also know that Kine
    mon was using fire sword style, perhaps Oden can use as that well? We will see.
    Last edited by Erkan12; October 29th, 2019 at 03:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post

We also know that Kine
    mon was using fire sword style, perhaps Oden can use as that well? We will see.
    Kiku also appears to be able to summon snow. I wonder if the flashbacks will go into detail on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dranza View Post
    Even if Kaido were to be turned into a Toy he would still be stronger than everyone in Dressrosa. That's how Oda would address that particular encounter, I think. All it takes to overcome Sugar is to make her faint.
    Would have liked to see how Oda would handle a zoan being turned into a toy. What happens when they change shape? A different looking toy, or business as usual. And is the toy transformation canceled in that case?

Some boundaries shouldn't be crossed when conceiving what devil fruits will do, otherwise it becomes magic and has no other explanation but *magic*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Would have liked to see how Oda would handle a zoan being turned into a toy. What happens when they change shape? A different looking toy, or business as usual. And is the toy transformation canceled in that case?

Some boundaries shouldn't be crossed when conceiving what devil fruits will do, otherwise it becomes magic and has no other explanation but *magic*.
    It would be a toy, dwarf, giant doesn't matter. There were even wild animals that turned into toys in Dressrosa.

What if Tama captures the legendary pokemon Kaidou with her kibi dangos and then Sugar transformed Kaidou into a toy? Who would be Kaidou's master in this case?

Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    It would be a toy, dwarf, giant doesn't matter. There were even wild animals that turned into toys in Dressrosa.
    Don't be so devoid of imagination. It completely matters!

I'm trying to imagine how such poorly thought out devil fruit would handle shape shifting devil fruit users. Almost a shame we didn't get to see Luffy stretching his limbs in a toy form. Imagine if he fought Dofla like that, the dude not even aware who he's fighting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    What if Tama captures the legendary pokemon Kaidou with her kibi dangos and then Sugar transformed Kaidou into a toy? Who would be Kaidou's master in this case?
    Hmm...joint custody with vacation schedule?

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Don't be so devoid of imagination. It completely matters!

I'm trying to imagine how such poorly thought out devil fruit would handle shape shifting devil fruit users. Almost a shame we didn't get to see Luffy stretching his limbs in a toy form. Imagine if he fought Dofla like that, the dude not even aware who he's fighting.
    Toy equivalents exist. Luffy could turn into a Stretch Armstrong and Chopper would be a Beast Wars Transformer.

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    She would be way too broken if it works on humans too. could desintegrate/age even yonkous.
    The same could be said about Sugar's powers. It's kinda balanced out by the fact that neither Sugar or Shinobu are all too stronger or fast on their own, their powers would require them to touch their opponents. Still very dangerous, but not a guaranteed "kill."

Either way, who knows what other constraints ( if any ) this powers possesses. Maybe it doesn't work on living things? *shrug*

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Sure, why not?

Question is whether Sugar can remove his memories before Kaido turns around and starts threatening her with ominous Conqueror's haki or simply whacks her on the head with a toy mallet. Kyros had enough time to make his getaway as a toy soldier afterall. I'd imagine Kaido would go for immediate retaliation. Either way, transformation gets cancelled upon Sugar getting knocked out.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

soo, since the actual reason the Kozukis closed Wano in this flashback is going to be revealed, could it be, yaŽknow, Uranus?

There's one Poneglyph, but many places have one and none closes itself, they have a bunch of Kairouseki, but not useful to conquer the world or stuff like that, the Road Poneglyph was on Onigashima(unless they recently transported it), their stonemasonery and knowledge of the rio poneglyph would be the most reasonable since its super ilegal for the WG. but still, I canŽt stop believing there was a something else, so maybe, Uranus is around place?

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    soo, since the actual reason the Kozukis closed Wano in this flashback is going to be revealed, could it be, yaŽknow, Uranus?

There's one Poneglyph, but many places have one and none closes itself, they have a bunch of Kairouseki, but not useful to conquer the world or stuff like that, the Road Poneglyph was on Onigashima(unless they recently transported it), their stonemasonery and knowledge of the rio poneglyph would be the most reasonable since its super ilegal for the WG. but still, I canŽt stop believing there was a something else, so maybe, Uranus is around place?
    They most likely were allied with the Great Kingdom, since they thought it was necessary to preserve the knowledge of the events that happened during the Void Centry, and to prevent the WG from getting their hands on the Poneglyphs they isolated the country.
    So, the content of the Poneglyph is most likely the reason, whether it's information about Uranus or some crucial information about the events of the Void Century.
    Uranus itself being in Wano would be too much at the moment, in my opinion.

"There will be an answer, let it be."

Depends what you mean.

Do I think the power can work on his body? Yes.
    Do I think Sugar has the ability to touch Kaido if he doesn't want to? No. He could just dragon breath her or club her.

Man, I'm really not sure if this was meant to be an endearing/cool introduction to Oden and past Wano or not. Landscape was beautiful, but the people just kinda sucked.

Well, I guess this is just info on Oden from childhood to 18 (a brat with too much power and absolutely no common sense or brains). Probably still some time before he turns cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post

It probably has something to do with politics and the void century.

Blackbeard really is misguided in his search for powerful fruits. The mera mera is shit compared to the noro noro DF power. Imagine BB freezing your ass for 30 secs, unleashing the mother of all earthquakes in your face and then just waiting for the release. Then he awakens it and can freeze all time around him and just manhandles the shit out of absolutely everyone.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information