+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 959: Samurai

Default Re: Chapter 959: Samurai

I'm starting to get worried, I have faith in Oda but the fact that Kaido is pretty much invincible and that Orochi is dangerously wise to danger will reach the point of the Straw Hats running out of ways to win the day without any bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    We're about to start a big flashback, so you're gonna be waiting awhile I'm afraid

I like how it's still a "death" for you
    It ain't over till all the Big Mom stuff is over, and that may not be until Elbaf. We at the very least need to see what happened to Pekoms given his motivation and "the only way to bring him out of his rage" are tied to Pedro..

Also not dead- King Baum, Pekoms, Pound, Jinbe, Sanji's family, all the fishmmen with Jimbei, Monet and Vergo.

The only death since Whitebeard in modern day I'm convinced on is Yasuie... and Oda went heavily out of his way to have witnesses, show us the fatal blow on camera, the body afterward, and have grieving in the same chapter all after a long farewell speech and a big smiling death, all of which served an actual point to move the story forward. (And also had Law far, far from the scene.)

None of the others make any more impact on the story from being dead than they do for fainting for a few hours, so that's how Oda rolls.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I want to believe in Oda but I got to say Robby's got a point. Pell anyone?

That one monk in the last page, is he holding a gun/rifle?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Krupp View Post
    I'm starting to get worried, I have faith in Oda but the fact that Kaido is pretty much invincible and that Orochi is dangerously wise to danger will reach the point of the Straw Hats running out of ways to win the day without any bullshit.
    Ur not wrong, Oda had already hinted this will be a large scale war comparable to marine Ford war

And we already have hints that the marines will probably make a move to wano also

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hisoga View Post
    That one monk in the last page, is he holding a gun/rifle?
    Yeah. Real life Japanese warrior monks were known to be avid users of Tanegashimas.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    It ain't over till all the Big Mom stuff is over, and that may not be until Elbaf. We at the very least need to see what happened to Pekoms given his motivation and "the only way to bring him out of his rage" are tied to Pedro..

Also not dead- King Baum, Pekoms, Pound, Jinbe, Sanji's family, all the fishmmen with Jimbei, Monet and Vergo.

The only death since Whitebeard in modern day I'm convinced on is Yasuie... and Oda went heavily out of his way to have witnesses, show us the fatal blow on camera, the body afterward, and have grieving in the same chapter all after a long farewell speech and a big smiling death, all of which served an actual point to move the story forward. (And also had Law far, far from the scene.)

None of the others make any more impact on the story from being dead than they do for fainting for a few hours, so that's how Oda rolls.
    Agree 1000% on this

also I know it's not a popular opinion but I still believe Abalsom is alive to

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post

You don't have to try to convince me, just found it amusing the needle hasn't moved at all for you is all.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingpanman View Post
    And we already have hints that the marines will probably make a move to wano also
    What hints? If anything, they've made it very clear they're not coming (as in, during this war at least), saying that they're not coming in at least three instances. (907, 956, 957)

Shishilian or Sicilian?

Also Neko and Jinbei being brought up around the same time leads me to believe that they will definitely be late to this chaos.

I would like an update on how Kid and Killer are unsuccessfully getting things done

Odens flashback is 41 years ago NOT 39...

source: https://mobile.twitter.com/Eiichiro_...30040389423104

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Agree 1000% on this

also I know it's not a popular opinion but I still believe Abalsom is alive to
    Absalom is still alive and it is actually popular opinion, it is also very obvious that he is alive.

Interesting chapter. Certainly was no expecting the Oden flashback so soon, feels like the current events aren't a relevant enough trigger for it. I'm sure the things we learn about Oden and Orochi's relationship will put this choice into perspective in hindsight. Given the hype, I'm expecting this to be a long flashback; at the very least to the end of volume 95 but realistically a few chapters longer.

Loved the samurai armour scene. Luffy and Brook in particular are looking great. The Jinbe acknowledgement is a good reaffirmation that he'll be around before Wano is over and done with. I expect he's in the brig on Big Mom's ship and will possibly need rescuing. It would be redundant for him to be used as a deus ex machina again like he was on Whole Cake Island. And speaking of redundant, I wonder what the payoff for the second Sunny destruction fakeout in as many years will be...

It's hard to say what to expect from the Oden flashback at this point. Either we're getting flashbacks within flashbacks or a second Wano flashback later on so we can get all that tantalising ancient history with Ryuma, the ponegylphs being crafted and the connections to Shandia I vaguely recall being hinted at as well as the more recent social and political history. Excited to see where it's all going as always!

Quote Originally Posted by parklane21 View Post
    Wadatsumi swapped it on the very last second.
    Nice, thought the same.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Can't wait to see Captain Awesome getting boiled. That will be part of the flashback, right?
    And seeing Oden-wankers butthurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

XDrake telling Law who is the traitor in luffy's alliance makes sense, and law did something to save the alliance. And based on him arguing with shinobu, it would be irony if law finds out she is the traitor, after she accused him and his crew of betrayal. She is the one not part of the 9 scabbards that orochi said he has yet to see any of them, and her hitting that fat ninja in the balls that knew her, was likely to shut his mouth to not blow her cover in front of nami.

And she is now left alone with momonosuke, so she can bring him to kaidou/orochi, while she will tell kaidou about the 7 scababrds going to him so he can expect them.
    Last edited by uniaka ikuzakas; October 21st, 2019 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    How many chapters do you guys think the flashback will be?
    My guess is 8-10 chapters, which would be the longest so far.

Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    1) Oden being expelled from the capital;
    2) Oden becoming daimyo of Kuri and finding his nine retainers;
    3) Oden leaving Wano to join Whitebeard;
    4) Oden falling in love with Lady Toki;
    5) Oden learning about the connections of the Kouzuki clan with the history of the world, learning to write and read in the ancient language, learning about the Poneglyphs;
    6) Oden developing his dream to open the borders of Wano;
    7) Some insight into the "dawn of the world";
    8) Oden joining Roger to go to Laftel (arguably won't come up in the flashback);
    9) Oden's return to Wano, Kaidou's attack and his death;
    10) Why Nekomamushi and Inuarashi started fighting against each other.
    Probably also more insight on Ryuma and of course the theft of Shusui. I wonder if Toki actually met Ryuma personally on her travels.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B. Decent View Post
    Yeah. Real life Japanese warrior monks were known to be avid users of Tanegashimas.
    Nice

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    XDrake telling Law who is the traitor in luffy's alliance makes sense, and law did something to save the alliance. And based on him arguing with shinobu, it would be irony if law finds out she is the traitor, after she accused him and his crew of betrayal. She is the one not part of the 9 scabbards that orochi said he has yet to see any of them, and her hitting that fat ninja in the balls that knew her, was likely to shut his mouth to not blow her cover in front of nami.

And she is now left alone with momonosuke, so she can bring him to kaidou/orochi, while she will tell kaidou about the 7 scababrds going to him so he can expect them.

Main problem with that, is said reveal will cause close to nothing of impact for us readers, given the traitor was a no one.

It has to be a someone. None less.

Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanErrorist View Post
    Absalom is still alive and it is actually popular opinion, it is also very obvious that he is alive.
    That is definitely not the popular opinion lol

I loved seeing Franky and Robin being total parents. That alone would make the chapter worth reading in my eyes.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    That is definitely not the popular opinion lol
    Ohh my bad, for some reason I completely forgot that he died to Blackbeard. I was still thinking of the time he was on a ship and we hadn't seen him yet.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information