+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 957: ULTIMATE

Default Re: Chapter 957: ULTIMATE

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Je, it did sound like bs, but what about a sexy super android with Foxy's powers?
    That moment when you realize that Foxy could kill pretty much anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gakusya_Mcbride View Post
    So you have the contrast getween Roger and Garp and Luffy and Smoker, then you get the contrast between Rocks and Blackbeard. I wonder if the final battle is going to be Luffy and Smoker, or Aikainu, or kuzon, or one of the admirals vs. Blackbeard as a parallel to that battle. A lot of the players seek vary simillar.
    Koby and Luffy. Koby goal is to become and admiral and Garp had the same status before that battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Kind of a shame no marine is comparable to Garp as a rival of their PK era.

With Smoker being a failure and Coby still too far from Luffy, maybe Drake gives us the surprise.
    Luffy's Marine rival will be any of the Admirals...either Fujitora or Akainu. You know either Luffy or Sabo will face off against Akainu in a grudge match for what he did to Ace.

Fujitora has respect for Luffy, and Luffy clearly likes him...

Quote Originally Posted by erickalex View Post
    Don't know if anyone said that, but I think the "taboo" that rox used was the double akuma no mi usage, and maybe blackbeard know about this at beehive, or have some kind of conection with rox, as noticed by his ship's name.
    He was looking into taboo subjects i.e matters regarding the Poneglyphs and the void century.

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    I hope they send this marine after mihawk:
    Mihawk would 1 shot that weakling. I hardly think this guy's power would affect a supreme grade blade sword clad in haki..

Quote Originally Posted by LightningAce View Post
    Luffy is a spitting image of Garp when he was younger...
    How is this even a discussion?
    Then may be Dragon is married to Garp's daughter and took his family name.
    Funny trying to refute a point by giving logic along the same line.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    I honestly wonder if those pre-spoilers guys saying greatest chapter ever may have gotten to know more stuff that they thought was included to in this chapter. Because lets be honest even the least hyped among us felt a little disapointed when this was all we got.
    Highly unlikely. I doubt anyone of those hyping people have chance to know pre-published stuffs regarding main story. Greg is different but his hype was well within reason.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Roger and Garp teamed up to take down Rocks; Luffy and Smoker teamed up to take down the one and only Caesar Clown. These legends will be told side by side in the coming decades...

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Roger and Garp teamed up to take down Rocks; Luffy and Smoker teamed up to take down the one and only Caesar Clown. These legends will be told side by side in the coming decades...
    Wait until the new and improved cyborg smoker comes to wano with vegapunk's weapon and takes down BM while luffy takes down Kaidou.

Smoker will eventually take Luffy down by accumulated smoke damage to the lungs.

Smoker will eventually take Luffy down by accumulated smoke damage to the lungs.
    Black Lung Sanji is Smoker's natural enemy in that case.

Not that I think it will be a 1:1 comparison, but Koby is a much better 'Garp' analog than Smoker.

But I also think Luffy's journey and relationships need to be different from Roger's. There will be similarities, but this is Luffy's journey, which, presumably, will have a different ending than Roger's.

So, in broad strokes, it makes sense for Luffy to have a marine rival frenemy, echoing the relationship between Garp and Roger. I get that Smoker might seem to fill this role on the surface, but Luffy surpassed him a long time ago. Koby is on the rise. He has risen through the ranks, learned Haki and the Six forms, and his dream is to become a Marine Admiral. Not to mention, he was personally trained by Garp. By the end of the series, I think Koby will be powerful enough to be considered the Marine rival of the Pirate King. Where Koby is advancing through the ranks toward his goal, I feel like Smoker is teetering on the edge of rejecting the Marines wholesale.

I think Smoker has been brought through the story in pursuit of Luffy for a very different reason, but to elaborate would go beyond the scope of this particular post.
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

"ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

Man, give Luffy, Smokey and Coby 20 more years and their "rivalry" might become as juicy as Garp's, Roger's and Whitebeard's.. they're squirts right now (Luffy's still a squirt in way.)

still, curious when Whitebeard had the title World's Strongest Man the first time. Rocks being Roger's first true rival doesn't sit well with me. hhmmmmm..
    He was 36 on the last days of the Rocks.. seems like not as glorious as Shanks' and Mihawks rivalry that echoed in their early years..

Quote Originally Posted by I♥Taeyeon View Post
    Man, give Luffy, Smokey and Coby 20 more years and their "rivalry" might become as juicy as Garp's, Roger's and Whitebeard's.. they're squirts right now (Luffy's still a squirt in way.)

still, curious when Whitebeard had the title World's Strongest Man the first time. Rocks being Roger's first true rival doesn't sit well with me. hhmmmmm..
    He was 36 on the last days of the Rocks.. seems like not as glorious as Shanks' and Mihawks rivalry that echoed in their early years..
    The vivre card said when Roger was still alive and well, meaning way before Great Pirate Era, due to his fighting style and the immense destructive power.
    But with the latest chapter, it became apparent the vivre cards should be taken not completely seriously.
    And even then, the titles seem more and more non-absolute but simply something people started to call them as such.

Quote Originally Posted by I♥Taeyeon View Post
    It is an inspiring tale showing that you can create fruitful rivalries well into middle age. Dude managed to start again and reinivent himself in his forties, not everybody can pull off that. Most dudes that age just get a flashy sportscar and hit on women waaaay to young for them. Whitey however went fat George Foreman and took the heavyweight title on the ass end of his career. Now if only he hadn't spent all those years fighting on someone elses undercard.

It is an inspiring tale showing that you can create fruitful rivalries well into middle age. Dude managed to start again and reinivent himself in his forties, not everybody can pull off that. Most dudes that age just get a flashy sportscar and hit on women waaaay to young for them. Whitey however went fat George Foreman and took the heavyweight title on the ass end of his career. Now if only he hadn't spent all those years fighting on someone elses undercard.
    Isn't that his giant boat with the bold name of Moby Dick and the sexy nurses he has running around.

Luffy is more Garp then any marine. Coby and smoker are more similar to sengoku/aokiji then garp.

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    And even then, the titles seem more and more non-absolute but simply something people started to call them as such.
    If Mihawks title turns out to be like that a sizable chunk of this board will need theraphy for post-traumatic stress

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Isn't that his giant boat with the bold name of Moby Dick and the sexy nurses he has running around.
    Well sure he also did that. But lets focus on the oldtimer doing stuff oldies shouldn't be capable of pulling off.

<br>
    Well sure he also did that. But lets focus on the oldtimer doing stuff olders shouldn't be capable of pulling off.
    Is it really that incredible when 2 others managed about as much? And Big Mom still has the energy while Whitebeard could barely leave his chair. I think we should focus on her and her great job at proving that in this man dominated world not only women can succeed but they can have it all. Family, power, Sexual liberation.

Let's stop praising the old pervert (and possible deadbeat dad) and praise this mother that truly broke the mold and is still fighting for equality everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Is it really that incredible when 2 others managed about as much? And Big Mom still has the energy while Whitebeard could barely leave his chair. I think we should focus on her and her great job at proving that in this man dominated world not only women can succeed but they can have it all. Family, power, Sexual liberation.

Let's stop praising the old pervert (and possible deadbeat dad) and praise this mother that truly broke the mold and is still fighting for equality everywhere.
    Wait are BM and WB the same age? I never picked up on that. I thought she was somewhere betwenn baby of the group Kaido and grandpa Whitebeard.

Wait are BM and WB the same age? I never picked up on that. I thought she was somewhere betwenn baby of the group Kaido and grandpa Whitebeard.
    Whitebeard would be 74 she's 68. 6 years difference.

Guess booze is worse for your health than sugar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

According to One Piece Wiki, which I assume got their information from some SBS, Whitebeard died at age 72, while Big Mom is currently 68. So they are only 6 years apart, which really isn't that much of a difference. Kudos to Big Mom, despite an equally unhealthy lifestyle, she really does appear to be pretty fit still.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information