+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Chapter 953: Once a Fox

Default Re: Chapter 953: Once a Fox

Quote Originally Posted by dOoMGraVe View Post
    Zoro maybe could borrow it for the fight but i don't think he would leave the future Wano leader without a Sword at the end of the saga.
    The future leader shouldn't put his personal feelings above those of his country.
    Maybe Zoro will entrust Shusui to Momo. This way everyone would be happy, Zoro has his three swords, Wano has Shusui back and the future leader has a sword.

"There will be an answer, let it be."

so who think Zoro is gonna be okay with getting a new Katana and who thinks he's still gonna keep his old one in the end?

maybe have a poll

Quote Originally Posted by BekaDidAct View Post
    Moria is going to show up with King/God/DEAD Ryuma, the creator of Wano Oars and the descendant of Oars, Oars jr.

Moria better be treated like the GodKing that he is, he's going to save Wano, his pair of scissors will be treated like Shusui.

Also, Zoro should apologize for being an EVIL graverobber!

This is the only comment in this thread that matters, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    so who think Zoro is gonna be okay with getting a new Katana and who thinks he's still gonna keep his old one in the end?

maybe have a poll
    I believe he will reject Enma and won't let go of Shusui until the end of the arc. Once the war is over I could see him consider leaving it behind, but the locals will deem him worthy enough to keep the sword for good (so Zoro isn't depicted as an insensitive jerk, while pushing him as one of Wano's main saviors at the same time).
    Sure Shusui is extra special for the Wano citizens, but when everything is said and done the Straw Hats will have freed the country from over 20 years of tyranny and misery (mothers killing their babies-level misery).

The only sword on the chopping block seems to be Sandai Kitetsu. It always seemed like the sword he has the least connection to, so maybe he will indeed "upgrade" to the even harder to tame Nidai Kitetsu. I could definitely picture a reboot of the Logue Town scene.

Current weapons

Black Kabuto>>Zeus>>Wado Ichimonji>>Soul Solid>>>Clima-tact>>Shusui>>>Robin's shades>Sandai Kitetsu>>>Iron Pirate>>Nidai Kitetsu

Sanji and Chopper are real pirates. All they need are cigarettes and pills

I feel bad for the Nidai Kitetsu. Well, as much as you can feel bad for a sword anyhow. Oda kind of created a situation where it's seemingly getting the short end of the stick no matter what happens. Either it doesn't go to Zoro at all, or Zoro does get the sword, but us readers will always just be thinking of how it would've been cooler if Zoro replaced Sandai Kitetsu/Shusui with the far more impressive Enma instead.

Even in the (unlikely?) scenario where Zoro gets both of these new swords, him obtaining Enma just completely overshadows him getting the Nidai Kitetsu. Well, unless this is the arc that finally expands on their cursed nature...

Queen's got the Funk Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    And then steal kaidou's shadow and leave him in the sun.

If a shadowless Kaidou walks in the sun, the sun will explode.
    His "immortality" and his "lifelong debt" to BM Maybe are linked to each other.
    If BM can steal life, then Maybe she can give life-span.
    actual sized Queen-GIF (alternative colours): https://media.giphy.com/media/SUEiLt...hgCz/giphy.gif
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    Even in the (unlikely?) scenario where Zoro gets both of these new swords, him obtaining Enma just completely overshadows him getting the Nidai Kitetsu. Well, unless this is the arc that finally expands on their cursed nature...
    Alternately, Zoro gets all of them successively but one or several of these swords are here purely to explode into shards the moment they touch Kaido and further hype his toughness/the other swords.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

I feel bad for the Nidai Kitetsu. Well, as much as you can feel bad for a sword anyhow. Oda kind of created a situation where it's seemingly getting the short end of the stick no matter what happens. Either it doesn't go to Zoro at all, or Zoro does get the sword, but us readers will always just be thinking of how it would've been cooler if Zoro replaced Sandai Kitetsu/Shusui with the far more impressive Enma instead.

Is it confirmed that Enma is one of the top 12 level swords, like Mihawk's or Whitebeard's? Because if it is then I would rule it out even more as Zoro's new sword.
    Not because it would overshadow Nidai or Shusui, but the much more important Wado Ichimonji (which he will likely forge into a legendary blade through excessive haki usage himself, but I guess that won't happen in the near future).

I expect all of Zoro's swords to turn black at some point, I'm also hoping for someone to recognize Wado and link it Zoro's Teacher/Village/Shimotsuki..etc maybe having Wado chancels out the curses of the swords or something. I hope that Tengu blacksmith Kitetsu will shed some light on it or at least tell about his ancestor who made them.

Kishishi. Yo. Ho. Ho. BekaDidAct's Avatar

Moria, the Savior of Wano and dead by the end of the Wano arc. He will deliver the finishing blow on Kaido.

I had hoped that Moria would've been an equal to Kaido in the past, seems unlikely now. The idea would be that Moria and Kaido fought equally, both killing each other's crew, both depressed, Kaido a suicidal alcoholic, Moria with a food addiction and sleeping 24/7.

GoodGuy Moria was probably asked by some girl(always a girl/woman) to save Wano from the evil Beast Pirates, Moria tried and his crew diiiieeeed, got the idea of a massive zombie army, sneaked into Wano a second time and stole Ryuma, he probably took Oars at a later moment when he had Thriller Bark up and running.

It feels like we're very close to Moria's re-return, why doesn't moria use his own shadow to power up multiple zombies?

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    This is the only comment in this thread that matters, imo.
    Hidden:

Moria the Great

Quote Originally Posted by Seafarer33 View Post
    Alternately, Zoro gets all of them successively but one or several of these swords are here purely to explode into shards the moment they touch Kaido and further hype his toughness/the other swords.
    Not only would that be a massive waste, but it'd be real damning to Zoro's portrayal/pride to lose a high class sword in such a manner. Like that goes way beyond getting a nick on a sword.

Granted, I feel that something bad has to happen to the Sandai Kitetsu in order for Zoro to ever replace it, as he's never been one to casually upgrade to a stronger sword as if he's in an RPG. So I could see that sword being sacrificed I suppose. The others? Definitely not, and it wouldn't even make sense in particular for Enma given what we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Is it confirmed that Enma is one of the top 12 level swords, like Mihawk's or Whitebeard's? Because if it is then I would rule it out even more as Zoro's new sword.
    Not because it would overshadow Nidai or Shusui, but the much more important Wado Ichimonji (which he will likely forge into a legendary blade through excessive haki usage himself, but I guess that won't happen in the near future).
    It's not confirmed, though I see that many in the fandom are taking it as a given, same with assuming it's a black blade. That said, even if Enma is actually neither, it'd still be the only thing that has scarred Kaido. So no matter how you look at it, fans are probably always going to look back and see this as the time when Zoro had an opportunity to use a "better" sword than the Nidai Kitetsu. Of course, not everyone wants him to keep Enma due to thinking it's better off with Momo or some other reason, but my point stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizoku_Ou View Post
    I expect all of Zoro's swords to turn black at some point, I'm also hoping for someone to recognize Wado and link it Zoro's Teacher/Village/Shimotsuki..etc maybe having Wado chancels out the curses of the swords or something. I hope that Tengu blacksmith Kitetsu will shed some light on it or at least tell about his ancestor who made them.
    I don't see why you think all of them will turn black, especially seeing as how Zoro is extremely likely to get a brand new sword by the end of this arc. It's been pretty much stated that you gotta go through countless battles for your sword to turn into one. The Wado Ichimonji is what Zoro has had the longest, so only that truly qualifies on top of being the most fitting. It'd cheapen the whole concept of a black blade if he transforms three of his swords into one before the main story ends.

I don't see why you think all of them will turn black, especially seeing as how Zoro is extremely likely to get a brand new sword by the end of this arc. It's been pretty much stated that you gotta go through countless battles for your sword to turn into one. The Wado Ichimonji is what Zoro has had the longest, so only that truly qualifies on top of being the most fitting. It'd cheapen the whole concept of a black blade if he transforms three of his swords into one before the main story ends.
    Not by the end of Wano, I meant eventually. As for length/duration I think it counts from the first time Haki was used and for how long the weapon was imbued, how tough the battle/"material" cut..etc
    Or could also be the result of constant clash of Haki imbued weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    Yes, but the problem is still there.

It could go either way. There are several things that has to be considered.
    - what grade is Enma
    - what is Zoro's connection to Ryuma
    - is Enma a black blade
    - how much is he emotionaly attached to Shusui

All we can do is wait.
    Judging by the blade being able to do that damage on Kaido, it has to be supreme grade.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizoku_Ou View Post
    Not by the end of Wano, I meant eventually. As for length/duration I think it counts from the first time Haki was used and for how long the weapon was imbued, how tough the battle/"material" cut..etc
    Or could also be the result of constant clash of Haki imbued weapons.
    Oh I know you didn't mean by the end of Wano, it'd be too soon for Zoro to get a black blade this arc. I don't really want to bother with calculations or anything though. I'm just saying that even if you want to say it could happen to another sword, realistically the only option left is the Sandai Kitetsu. Both the Nidai Kitetsu and Enma are both potential upgrades Zoro would only be just now getting. For him to get a brand new sword, only for it to become a black blade a few arcs later, that'd feel incredibly cheap.

At least with the Sandai Kitetsu, even if I don't think it'll become one (assuming Zoro doesn't lose it), at least it'd much easier to swallow since Zoro has had it on him since Loguetown, as well as when he was learning Haki.

Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanErrorist View Post
    Judging by the blade being able to do that damage on Kaido, it has to be supreme grade.
    Shushui is a national treasure that was wielded by Ryuma himself yet it's not a supreme grade sword.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Enma is supreme grade, but I wouldn't say it necessarily has to be one, especially when the concept of black blades are a thing. Also Oden could simply just be that strong.

Granted, I feel that something bad has to happen to the Sandai Kitetsu in order for Zoro to ever replace it, as he's never been one to casually upgrade to a stronger sword as if he's in an RPG. So I could see that sword being sacrificed I suppose. The others? Definitely not
    You have a point on the importance of both Shisui/Enma. Still, with all we were told about Kaido I will feel cheated if that tough hide of his doesn't at least nick one blade, and in that respect I agree that neither Kitetsus are irreplacable. Maybe that's how Zoro realizes he still has room for improvement and learns a thing or two about black blades before round 2, who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

Have not done one of these in like 23 chapters. A lot to cover so let’s get to it. I’ll be reviewing from 928 onwards. With a focus on the latest chapter.

Cover Story: Love Capone’s story. It seems they are going towards the Florian Triangle, but the title mentions they are heading to Thriller Bark. Hopefully this leads to the creatures hidden in the mists.

Hiyori
    Hidden:

We are slowly piecing together how Hiyori and the rest survived Orochi and Kaido’s reign. I had initially thought that Kawamatsu had entrusted Hiyori to someone before he got captured. But, that was not the case at all! Hiyori left the Kappa which still leaves a piece of the story untold. Mainly, Hiyori’s encounter with Kyoshiro.

Hidden:

There is still that part where Hiyori said she despises the poor. Which considering where she grew up in, and at her age. Seems pretty normal reaction to that particular environment. Where you get tossed out of the capital if you run out of money.
    Hidden:

Hiyori as Witching Hour Boy please:
    Hidden:

Kozuki allies, Scabbards and Kyoshiro
    Hidden:

With the boost in numbers from Udon, and others at the capital. It reassures me that the Grand Fleet will not make an appearance yet.

The one lingering question, where is Denjiro? People were anticipating something unique with Kawamatsu because of postponing his appearance, then my expectations of Denjiro are astronomically high. The only thing we have is that he fought alongside Shutenmaru against Kaido at some point. We can discard his death, otherwise it would have been appropriate to reveal that when Ashura showed Kinemon their comrades graves.

Gyukimaru ends up being his own character, a part of Wano. He is pretty cool and cannot wait for him and Kawamatsu to do a team up. Why did he not meet with Kawamatsu!?

We met Minamoto as a master carpenter. Hopefully there is also a master weaponsmith.

I am doing a re-read, so Yasu, rest in peace:

Hidden:

Yasu helped the alliance with another chance, but his words still ring: Not everyone can wait until the fire festival. Will this be tackled upon?

Missing identities:

Hitetsu - and whom is he waiting for.
    Kyoshiro - what are his true motives? Funny, on his first appearance I put him as a scabbard traitor. But, it seems he is just a traitor to Orochi. Truly an enigma. Although people think he is Denjiro because of the anime opening.
    Witching Hour Boy - Still hoping it is Hiyori.
    Kuri’s yakuza boss - ?

Big Mom and Kaido
    Hidden:

Very intrigued by the outcome and what Big Mom’s role in the arc will be moving forward. I hope her amnesia is played later on, and maybe have the Big Mom pirates leave Wano to help their mother. Take her to Pudding. Maybe even have a family feud. With Perospero wanting to implant memories on Big Mom, and the other children wanting to just heal their mother.

Hidden:

On another note, Kaido’s mansion is one hell of a building if it is merely shaking from both emperors clashing throughout the night.

Mont D’Or is with the Big Mom pirates, so there is a high chance for prisoners to have come with them. Although, those books were pretty big.

CP0
    Hidden:

Considering Orochi’s talk with CP0 and that Im wants to start a cleansing. I wonder what will be their response to Orochi’s demands. I am sure they will make an appearance during the Fire Festival. Will the government comply, will they attack Wano? At the very least, it is another hostile entity towards the alliance.

Hidden:

Orochi
    Hidden:

The man is a hypocrite, spreading false propaganda about isolationism while wearing a western crown. Although, Wano had been isolation even before his rule. So I wonder how much different, besides the wastelands was Wano back when Sukiyaki ruled. In terms of social hierarchies, leftover towns, etc.

Orochi seemed to owe Oden a debt, and he betrayed him. Oden was tried as a criminal. I wonder if by Sukiyaki’s decree.

Hidden:

Ryuma, Enma, Shusui
    Hidden:

Wano citizens adore Ryuma. Hiyori offering her father’s blade and the reactions we’ve had of Zoro having Shusui are proof of that. Once the alliance gathers and Zoro shows up with the relic of Wano on his hip. I am expecting some of the samurais to challenge him. Especially the yakuza bosses that already disrespected Luffy.

I think Enma at best is a half black blade. If it were fully and it was able to injure Kaido, I imagine that some people could consider Oden a Sword God. However, he did lose his life, and considering Kaido is still ruling the country, so that could have been a deterrent.

Considering that the craftsmen of Wano can handle seastone. I still expect Zoro to get his own blade. Wado x Shusui x new blade.

Did Toki meet Ryuma?

Tama
    Hidden:

As I expected, Tama is having way more agency in things involving Wano but more importantly, she heard Luffy say she is saving the country because she promised her. So the bond between them is going to continue to develop.

Hidden:

Tama suggest going to Udon with Big Mom:
    Hidden:

Tama tells Momo to go inside the prison:
    Hidden:

Will she ask Raizo for ninja training, I really hope she does! At least teach her how to throw shuriken dumplings.

Poneglyphs
    Hidden:

Could Hitetsu be waiting for Robin? The Kokeshi dolls were his expertise? I wonder what secrets the poneglyph holds.

Hidden:

Ending of Act 2 + random thoughts
    Hidden:
    • Resolution of Kaido and Big Mom’s fight.
    • Revealing the traitor.
    • The alliance takes a blow to their plans.

Random Thoughts:
    Hidden:
    • Killer was not able to recognize Zoro.
    • How did Hiyori get Enma?
    • What is Law’s plan?
    • Reminder that just because they did not recognize Kyoshiro, it does not tell us anything. The retainers were unable to recognize Yasu and...well this.
      Hidden:
    • Love the idea of Chopper, Usopp and Franky going against Queen.
    • Ja, Kid lost an arm to the Red Hair pirates, and then was called Luffy’s friend. The salt mine.
    • Why did Wano have to wait 20 years?
    • Zoro and Hiyori were at the Enma Shrine.
      Hidden:
    • What is up with Drake?
      Hidden:
    • Curious to know where we will meet King’s tribe.

Last edited by K. Kira XXIII; August 28th, 2019 at 03:38 PM.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information