+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Netflix's He-Man and the Masters of the Universe... and Silent Bob?

Default Re: Netflix's He-Man and the Masters of the Universe... and Silent Bob?

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    I love how the internet was expecting someone to be gay just cause "Netflix".

MMaybe someone is, but we're in for a big surprise.
    They used Bonnie Tyler and gave him a Sailor Moon transformation.

And he's still running around in a fur loincloth.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Well that was hella hype as trailer. I didn't expect it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    Carrot sneaked on the Sunny when they left Zou, not asking or requesting anyone. IF Carrot is going to join, I expect something like that, with the crew ready to leave Wano, all of them beginning to party for new nakama Yamato and then "wha-t?! Carrot is near Luffy

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Dinky Greyskull castle looks kind of sad nowadays though.
    It's the widescreen format.

If they extended it horizontally to compensate it would look a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post

That actually makes perfect sense. It would have filled the screen pretty well in old tv screens.

Good call.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

The *animation* looks good and its doing what it can with those designs (if only the She-Ra show had gotten that studio..) but man those designs have largely not aged great, even with good animation propping them up.

That transformation is a lot more Sailor moon than it used to be.
    If She-Ra and the Princesses of Power had gotten that animation studio I might have watched it, but as it was I couldn't get used to how, well, cartoony it looked. But He-Man could have taken a note from them and updated the designs like they did.

She-Ra always had a Sailor Moon-esque transformation, but let's face it, all transformations from then on are going to be Sailor Moon inspired.

He-Man has been an unofficial gay icon for years.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post

If only they did.

Well they did pick that song for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    If She-Ra and the Princesses of Power had gotten that animation studio I might have watched it, but as it was I couldn't get used to how, well, cartoony it looked.
    I put off watching it for that very reason, but once I finally decided to just watch it, I feel completely dumb for even thinking that. It was so good. The art style while actually watching it is better than the stills and short clips I was getting turned off by.

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

If She-Ra and the Princesses of Power had gotten that animation studio I might have watched it, but as it was I couldn't get used to how, well, cartoony it looked.
    You get used to it.

it's worth watching.

Watch this video with the mindset of "they're going to kill He-Man 10 minutes in and make it about Teela" and it's pretty inescapable that's exactly what he's talking around. Like, really, REALLY obvious.

It's obvious that they're terrified to actually say that up front.

"It plays just like the old show for the first ten minutes. Then something BIG happens and they all lose their innocence.

Oh and now I'm going to talk for two minutes about Teela's journey and how she reacts to learning the truth."
    Last edited by Robby; June 21st, 2021 at 06:41 AM.

Likes the way you smile =D Retro's Avatar

So.... a more adult She-Ra under another name and in He-Man's dimension essentially?
    Get nuts or go crazy trying.

So what are the chances of they bringing back the dragon walker?

This one's more spoilery than past teasers, so if you wanna watch the actual thing in three weeks, maybe skip this one.

Spoiler:
    Yeah, we joked about it being the Teela show but its reeeeally clear that's where it's going now. So much so I think it warrants spoiler tags now.

Even if it is in the trailer.

And we've been saying it for months.
    Last edited by Robby; July 2nd, 2021 at 11:38 PM.

Man there gonna be sooooo many nerds salty about this.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Man there gonna be sooooo many nerds salty about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Nice to see Battle Cat is less, well, dumb than he was in the original. And Mark Hammil seems to be doing great by making Skeletor super hammy.

Spoiler:
    Yeah, we joked about it being the Teela show but its reeeeally clear that's where it's going now. So much so I think it warrants spoiler tags now. Even if it is in the trailer.
    Spoiler:
    Did He-Man look . . . evil at one point?

And I know the divided sword has a history in He-Man, but when I see it I can only thing Sword of Power -> Sword of Protection.

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    He has an evil twin in the old show. It may just be that. He's not blue this time though.

Spoiler:
    He has an evil twin in the old show. It may just be that. He's not blue this time though.
    Spoiler:
    In the original series he wasn't blue, that was just the toys.
    I could've sworn he showed up in the 2003 series and slowly turned blue over time like Bizarro but apparently not.

Spoiler:
    Yeah, we joked about it being the Teela show but its reeeeally clear that's where it's going now. So much so I think it warrants spoiler tags now.

Even if it is in the trailer.

And we've been saying it for months.
    Spoiler:
    The thing is, at least for the people who've been paying attention, it was never a joke.
    The initial show summary came from official sources and was published by reputable sites.
    Then all of a sudden Kevin Smith started saying that it was a rumor and a lie spread by Youtubers, and we've been hearing that line for the last two years.

I get that there would've been a moderate backlash to a Teela series so soon after a long-running She-Ra show and in our current political atmosphere, but they just made it ten thousand times worse by gaslighting the fans for so long.
    Last edited by RoboBlue; July 5th, 2021 at 02:03 AM.

Nice to see Battle Cat is less, well, dumb than he was in the original. And Mark Hammil seems to be doing great by making Skeletor super hammy.

Spoiler:

And I know the divided sword has a history in He-Man, but when I see it I can only thing Sword of Power -> Sword of Protection.
    What?! Mark Hamill hamming it up as skeletor? I never watched He Man so I dob't care about it. But I might have to watch it for that reason alone.

Also, yes, He Man was purposefully gay coded by the creators, so it's no accident he became a gay icon

I'm fine without a CGI He-Man, thanks . . .

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information