+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 895: "Side Story! The Strongest Bounty Hunter Cider"

Default 895: "Side Story! The Strongest Bounty Hunter Cider"

Enjoying Wano? Well too bad!

Title: "Side Story! The Strongest Bounty Hunter Cider"
    Episode Director: Yutaka Nakashima (***1/2)
    Animation Director: Masahiro Kitazaki (***1/2)
    Time: 8:30PM EST
    Watch It: www.crunchyroll.com/one-piece
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Default Re: 895: "Side Story! The Strongest Bounty Hunter Cider"

One Piece Opening 22 - Over The Top - Stampede Version

One Piece Episode 896 Preview (Filler - OP Stampede)

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

For those always wanting some sort of Boba Fett-style cool bounty hunter, the anime team just took a big ol' dump on that idea.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Manga Readers: Can we have cutaways from Wano?

Anime Watchers: Bruh why tf we cutting away from Wano?

Spoiler:

Man, how did Zoro, Sanji, and Lufffy not just merc these fodder instantly? It's always funny/sad to see how much the SHs get nerf'd to give these filler villains a hope

So, uh, these two episodes were made before the new Wano staff took over, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    So, uh, these two episodes were made before the new Wano staff took over, right?
    Why do you say that?

Seems like an episode without the new artistic talent, but with the new filters from the photography department, such as the generated thicker lines and grain. What do you think?

People here saying that they reverted back to the old style, which is completely false. These episodes are under the newest photography department and under Midori Matsuda's design. Moreover, it seems like Matsuda even jumped in to correct a few shots in this episode. It's just that it's an episode who has an animation director with a different style compared to the previous 3 episodes.

Different animation supervisor with different style =/= reverting to the old style.
    Monkey D. D. Ragon! So beastly he got two D's in his name!

Well, without the smoke and mirrors it would look pretty terrible!

Last edited by TheGreatCaptainUsopp; July 29th, 2019 at 11:23 AM.

The composite for this episode was outsourced to Studio Twinkle which is a part of Studio Asahi which does the composite for Wano arc.

That is why it feels a bit different but the animation with the line filter makes it look great.

Hey look, another exciting movie tie-in that hypes no one for the actual feature!
    I remember when people actually stopped looking forward to Strong World thanks to the Little East Blue filler, lol.

But seriously, this is terrible timing. I wish they had delayed the beginning of Wano instead of this intermission, although I understand why they couldn't do that. But that's what happens when you release a movie in August.

I guess if we're going to get as many tie-in as for Gold, counting on filler episodes, oav and even mobile special. Seeing the amount of characters involved that shouldn't be a problem
    Prediction.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    a team of allosaurus, spinosaurus, pterodactyl, branchiosaurus, triceratops and ankylosaurus, keeping the T-Rex one for King and megalodon for Queen.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    what if Rocks wanted to become the king of world... and he did i? Imu revealed to be Rocks could be a twist

Quote Originally Posted by JazzMazz View Post
    Why do you say that?
    The character design, composition, line work—nothing looks like Wano.

Nah, the character design is clear Matsuda (compare the Marine Supernova arc) and the darker lines were still there. The difference you're seeing is that this was obviously a lower-priority episode (no Ichikawa, paper-thin plot, a b-team was in charge of post-production, etc.). The average and weaker episodes will certainly look more like this one (which honestly didn't look too bad for what it was) than the three Wano episodes already in the can that clearly got extra attention lavished on them.
    Last edited by Crossword; July 30th, 2019 at 11:13 AM.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

I don’t know what it is. The line art isn’t as thick; the filters aren’t as present. Comparing this to the last episode, even, is not a close comparison. This looks more like a Dressrosa episode perhaps with Wano’s character designer (minus the thick outline lines).

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    I don’t know what it is. The line art isn’t as thick; the filters aren’t as present. Comparing this to the last episode, even, is not a close comparison. This looks more like a Dressrosa episode perhaps with Wano’s character designer (minus the thick outline lines).
    The darker thick outline lines are still there, it probably looks different because it has a brighter color scheme? I don't know, it looks the same for me.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information