+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Infinity Train

Default Infinity Train

Some of you probably saw the pilot when it came out some four years ago, but now it's a show! The first ep just premiered on the CN app, and there's going to be a 5 episode bomb of it starting August 5th. I just saw the first episode and it's looking super good.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Default Re: Infinity Train

Awesome. Been waiting for this!
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

This is AMAZING! I cant wait for the next episode.

Infinity Train confirmed to be a miniseries. The entire show is going to be aired two episodes a night starting August 5th.

I'm actually really excited about this, since I've wanted to see CN do more miniseries. Over the Garden Wall was all the better for it and I hope Infinity Train benefits from the format as well.

First two episodes are up on the CN site! This is going to be a good week.

When I get home I want to see how much reused corgi animation was done.

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Just watched the whole thing. Need to digest. Given the miniseries format I wanna see how everything holds up thematically when watched all at once.

One thing that I can’t wrap my mind around though.

Spoiler:
    What will the next adventure focus on? A new character? New characters? The lore of the train’s origins? Tulip? Other season 1 characters?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what he’s lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    One thing that I can’t wrap my mind around though.

Spoiler:
    What will the next adventure focus on? A new character? New characters? The lore of the train’s origins? Tulip? Other season 1 characters?
    Spoiler:
    There's still a lot that could be explored! Honestly I was feeling a bit bummed by unanswered the mysteries and wish we had more time to explore other cars, and I'm kinda thrilled that they're doing this through the lens of different characters.

Some outstanding mysteries to solve:

-Who built the train?
    -For what purpose?
    -How does it find people?
    -Why are the cars designed the way they are?
    -What's the deal with ghoms?
    -How about that whole place that the train exists in?
    -Who was The Cat?
    -What are the tapes?
    -How are The Cat and the tapes connected?
    -Whatever happened to jiggle wiggles?

There's a lot of ground to cover and I'm sure some answers will raise more questions. It's uncertain if there's some sort of end this is all circling, like the train being destroyed. At the very least, there are more cool character stories that could be told in this setting.

Watched this yesterday and thought it was pretty good.

Rather intrigued by where the second season will go,
    Spoiler:
    I don't see any of the characters, apart from The Cat and maybe Amelia, returning for anything more than a brief cameo.
    But at the end they do make a point of showing that Tulip really did lose her reflection, rather than it just being a wacky Train thing, so maybe something comes from that.

I'm torn, I actually think the show would've been find just ending here and us getting a new mini series every year or so. I like Tulip, One-One, and Atticus enough, but I would also love to see the series have a new protagonist if they plan on having multiple seasons beyonnd season 2, since Tulip's arc felt pretty complete.

I'm curious how much of the second season was a planned thing and how much of it was it green-lit due to the series performing really well. Knowing Owen it's probably a bit of both, with him having a few idea's ready in case but not truly committed to the idea.

Well, that was a fun little trip. Felt like something that could have been Adventure Timed out and been like 70 episodes to tell the exact same story, but the constrained format worked.

Interesting that the original pilot was basically left entirely intact as episode 3 and just sort of redrawn.

Real curious to see what a second season holds.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Well, that was a lot of fun, and something I'll probably have to rewatch at some point.

I'm totally on board (Ha!) if they do a second season.

Sorry for the double post, but...

Oh, so THATS how its going to work when they wrapped up the main story.

Neat.

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

So Book 2 is wrapping up tomorrow. That last episode that just aired went a path I didn’t think children shows would be willing to go down. Curious to see how everything wraps up.

I don’t think the series dropped quality imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what he’s lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

Can you PM me about what happened? I really want to know!

Ok i wasn't expecting murder but...oh we went super dystopian. Wait AD was a passenger?! What type o mistakes can a deer make?!

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Spoiler:
    Alan Dracula isn't a passenger, OneOne said he created him
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information