+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: New Shonen Jump Overhaul! - FREE OP simulpub + paid backlog

Default Re: New Shonen Jump Overhaul! - FREE OP simulpub + paid backlog

The best Christmas gift ever.
    IF YOU DIE, I'LL KILL YOU....

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    Today's the big rollout with all hands on deck so they're probably going to be tweaking stuff throughout the day.

Jeff is one of the tech guys/app devs at Viz, and he has a running tweet thread with updates:
    https://twitter.com/jeffinitelyjeff/...33995609346048
    Can we tell Jeff that flash is dead and that they need to move on from that garbage asap

Quote Originally Posted by Maju View Post
    it's a good deal...too bad that i can't access it from my country anyway.
    I think CCC had mentioned something about purchasing a VPN being a good way for those outside of the listed territories to still be able to support Jump.

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

Just found out the new app is not compatible with my phone's Android version. Crap. Another reason to buy a new one, besides the battery being all but dead...

Quote Originally Posted by Chrior View Post
    Just found out the new app is not compatible with my phone's Android version. Crap. Another reason to buy a new one, besides the battery being all but dead...
    Is a new android update available for your phone? I did one a couple months back and the app has worked fine since.
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

The app store also says that if you are outside the region (someone knew how to extract the apk, and it installed correctly)
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    I think CCC had mentioned something about purchasing a VPN being a good way for those outside of the listed territories to still be able to support Jump.
    i tried with a free one and the app still doesn't show up on the play store

never even considered spending money to try spending more money to be honest :P

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Type in shonen jump apk in google and you will find a site called apkpure. It has the newest viz and shonen jump apps, and is save. Download it on android phones without any vpn and voila.

On ios you dont need vpn either. Just a us itunes account. Find a tutorial how to make one, download on the us app store and enjoy on your standard account without vpn.
    Last edited by MajinArekkusu; December 18th, 2018 at 10:59 AM.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

I am using a free VPN and I can access the application thingy, but it says it is not compatible with the software version. But I can access the chapters just fine in my pre-existing app, so whatever. I think the only thing that really changed is the logo anyway

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Oh wait, I think I can't access the backlog in my version of the app... hm. Gotta check out the advice above.

So what about us non-US citizens...?
    Also, what's apforums going to do? Will there still be links posted to new chapters and spoilers before release or will we start following the official release. If I can actually read the chapters in EU I have no problem reading on another day of the week.

Edit: nevermind the EU-thing. Downloaded the apk, installed it and am able to read.
    NO VPN NEEDED.
    Last edited by flandrian15; December 18th, 2018 at 12:25 PM.
    Remember, remember, the 5th of November

Quote Originally Posted by Darkestsith6 View Post
    Can we tell Jeff that flash is dead and that they need to move on from that garbage asap
    New reader is html, m8.

Finally found the apk to update my app. The app runs decently but it still need some improvements for the vault to be more accessible: titles on the chapter list + maybe a preview pic next to it, read/unread indicator, "resume" option, favorites...

I hope they improve on those things in the near future + if they could also manage to bring the mature manga on the app like that Jeff guy hopes to do that would be perfect.

Yeah... I can't run the apk to update the app on my phone. I can use it to read the new chapters anyway, which is what I want. I can read the backlog if I feel like it on the PC, so screw it. But yeah, as of this moment, Batoto ... I mean, Mangadex has a better interface than the official app. I hope they can improve it in the future, but this is still the best thing western manga fans could have ever hoped for. Who could imagine this actually happening 10 years ago or so?

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Now all japan needs to do is to put it out there digitally first, with magazine days later to stop early magazine leaks and we are gucci.

I know I know, it won‘t happen cause it is still making a lot of money in paper form.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    New reader is html, m8.
    Woohoo. That's great to hear. Can't wait to check it out on next week's release

Quote Originally Posted by flandrian15 View Post
    So what about us non-US citizens...?
    Also, what's apforums going to do? Will there still be links posted to new chapters and spoilers before release or will we start following the official release. If I can actually read the chapters in EU I have no problem reading on another day of the week.
    We're still hashing out the details, but we should have an official post on the matter shortly.

Basically for a trial period what we're going to try is letting the spoiler threads exist as they always have, and let that continue even after the scanlation comes out... and not make an official thread until the official version comes out 30 hours later.

Gonna have to test run how well it works. If the spoiler thread gets ALL the discussion and the official chapter is just dead, or the majority of people end up disliking the new system, we'll go back to the old method, we can always go back to the current system. But we need to give it a fair shake for at least a few weeks/months and try.

Everyone that wants spoilers and wants to read and discuss the bootleg chapters early will still be able to do so... but we hope the accessibility and higher translation quality of the official release, along with the reduced release window, will let us all go a little more legit and support the official release.

How many series do they have??? And how much does it cost?

I'd love to reread Yu Yu Hakusho, Black Cat, Beelzebub, Katokeyo Hitman reborn etc. in there official translations

Sorry if this has been answered, but is the regular Viz manga app sticking around? As in should I just keep it since I have all the weekly jumps going back to Alpha downloaded on there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Quote Originally Posted by MajinArekkusu View Post
    Now all japan needs to do is to put it out there digitally first, with magazine days later to stop early magazine leaks and we are gucci.

I know I know, it won‘t happen cause it is still making a lot of money in paper form.
    Is Shonen Jump not available digitally at all in Japan?
    Happy 20th anniversary, One Piece anime!

Reading OP from chapter 1 on Viz is so much fun.
    IF YOU DIE, I'LL KILL YOU....

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information