+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34

Thread: Chainsaw-man

Default Re: Chainsaw-man

This was released on the same date as the anniversary of the Kyoto Studio's incident.
    I think Fujimoto feels very strongly about what happened.
    Great one-shot, one of the best and it hits even harder for anyone in the creative scene.

Discovered Stowaway El-Matematico's Avatar

Yeah, it doesn't make sense to say it was changed to avoid stigmatizing mental illness and then still make the guy have mental issues, except made up instead of based on a real event. It's not like wanting to kill random people and feeling like drawings are looking down on you is something healty people do.
    Wash your hands.

Well, I didn't know that Japan cared about this kind of thing...
    Every nation gets the government it deserves.---- Joseph de Maistre

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    Well, I didn't know that Japan cared about this kind of thing...
    I still think they - in general - don't, hence the butchered attempt at doing it. It sounds more like cover up the references to the KyoAni incident.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    I still think they - in general - don't, hence the butchered attempt at doing it. It sounds more like cover up the references to the KyoAni incident.
    Exactly. Japan just dislikes being reminded of deaths in general. This is the country that mourns and will then often act like the incident never happened. People in the neighbourhood of the studio where the Kyoto Animation attack happened were against a memorial because it would "disturb" their daily lives. Saying that this is about mental health is just a mockery of the concept.

Tatsuki Fujimoto will publish 2 Short Stories Collections, one titled 17-21 on October 4th, and 22-26 on November 4th.Also, as previously stated, Look Back will release its volume on September 4th.

https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status...191910405?s=20

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information