View Poll Results: Who do you think will join?

Voters
214. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tama

9 4.21%
  • Carrot

70 32.71%
  • Caribou

10 4.67%
  • Momo

3 1.40%
  • Kinemon

3 1.40%
  • Hiyori

3 1.40%
  • Bonney

7 3.27%
  • Pekoms

4 1.87%
  • Vivi

19 8.88%
  • Kawamatsu

14 6.54%
  • None of the above

72 33.64%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 176 of 185 FirstFirst ... 76 126 166 174 175 176 177 178 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,520 of 3699

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 7 - Wano)

Pirate apprentice is a much more defined and used term for young ins in the one piece world last few years than cabin boy, and Tama makes a perfect pirate apprentice. ��

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    Pirate apprentice is a much more defined and used term for young ins in the one piece world last few years than cabin boy, and Tama makes a perfect pirate apprentice. ��
    I think they're the same thing conceptually, or at least when people bring it up in this discussion.

Maybe when people bring it up here, but in the series I think they have been portrayed differently.

Coby at Alvidas crew was "pirate ship caretaker". Raw says 海賊船雑用係 (Kaizoku-sen zatsuyō-gakari).

Coby and Helmeppo at Garps ship were "Chore Boy" (雑用 Zatsuyō, literally meaning "Odd Jobs")

Luffy at baratie was 雑用 (Zatsuyō), chore boy.

While Shanks, Buggy and now recently revealed Kaido were “pirate apprentices" (海賊見習い, Kaizoku minarai)

Cabin boy has never been mentioned in the series actually.

Thanks to Awaikage Talk for the translation.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    You know, I don't think they should have a cabin boy this late in the game.

It's like getting a lv.5 Tier 1 character right before the final dungeon in a RPG.
    You have a Fire Emblem sig, but forgot about the Est Archtype? :P

Idk about the exact video games that is being used, but I doubt that we are near the "final dungeon".

It doesn't really follow any specific game, but One Piece does generally follow the JRPG formula (and doing like all the sidequests). We're in the second act climax, which will be followed by the final act (which in this case will be Elbaf and beyond). Final party members would most likely be the experienced character who is nerfed the second they join, and the inexperienced character who becomes a nuke if you train them enough. Or some dragon kid if we're going with Fire Emblem. Jinbe is the former, second could be anyone. Preferably not Momo. That would suck.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

Well we still have the number theory and a few races Big Mom doesn’t have, could be either of those or both

Tell you what, reaching Elbaf, Oda will introduce a Samurai giantess named Hyld-san, who is inspired by Oden and his travels. Perfect Nakama bait. And it will lead; to nothing...
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    Tell you what, reaching Elbaf, Oda will introduce a Samurai giantess named Hyld-san, who is inspired by Oden and his travels. Perfect Nakama bait. And it will lead; to nothing...
    What?????? .

Is anyone theorising currently that Law will join the crew? I'm sure there are people that have but I will list my reasons.

First things first, we can see that the Captain of a crew can join the Strawhats, for example Jinbe. So just because Law has a crew it doesn't mean he can't join. However, I can't remember any crew that had two D's on the crew so it may not be possible.
    His role doesn't actually clash with Chopper as Chopper is more of a medicinal doctor and Law is a surgeon. So there skills could go hand in hand.
    It's been said that the last two Strawhats will join in quick succession so if it isn't anyone of the Scabbards it could be Law.
    Law can't leave the heart pirates? Jean Bart joined their crew and was a former captain, so he does have leadership capabilities and has shown that he is really strong, strongest after Law. This hints that they don't have to disband, just like the Sun pirates and Aladdin taking command
    Law has some snapshots of him meddling with the crew and getting into their atmosphere. Law saying he hates bread was really interesting. He's getting into the meal times of the Strawhats.
    Law isn't really that strong and overpowered pirate anymore, Luffy seems to be much much stronger than him.
    Law also has that 5 billion Beli devil fruit which could play a role in the end-game.

Law is already a premium Straw Hat, treated better than the majority of the crew.

I wouldn't say that he hijacked the manga, but it really feels like I'm following a second main protagonist alongside Luffy here. He's the Vegeta of One Piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Law is already a premium Straw Hat, treated better than the majority of the crew.

I wouldn't say that he hijacked the manga, but it really feels like I'm following a second main protagonist alongside Luffy here. He's the Vegeta of One Piece.
    Lol your right he’s been in Punkhazard, Dressrosa, Zou and now Wano

But Oda said he made the supernovas last second, so I highly doubt any of them are Straw Hats since Odas had them all planned before the series even started, so no Law or Bonney

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post

Well he's more a strawhat than Jimbei. He actually travel with them.

Law didn't take lava to the skin or punch BM off the Sunny. Jinbei wins this 1. Law is just riding the SH's wave rn

Until Law tells the crew his whole name and/or dies for the crew, Jinbei>>>Freeloader Law

Law is probably done after Wano though, and we won't see him much for the last third of the series until things get to near the finale.

Hopefully we'll finally have some smaller scale arcs with just strawhats for a while before the end. They haven't all been together in six years, and that's not counting the two year seperation during the timeskip either.

Oda not juggling 80 characters and plots might let him streamline things a little and actually move the story along, if he wants to do anything close to his 5 year hope.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post

But Oda said he made the supernovas last second, so I highly doubt any of them are Straw Hats since Odas had them all planned before the series even started, so no Law or Bonney
    I really feel like you have a point there, that the Supernovas were created last second. However, Law has played such a huge role in the series, being tied up to Doflamingo, operating and saving Luffy, eating the 5 billion beli devil fruit.

While the supernovas were created last second, he probably had an idea of creating Law at some point in the story or in some way, shape or form. I speculate that while creating the Supernovas, he decided it would be easy for him to introduce Law as a supernova to get him into the story.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Law is probably done after Wano though, and we won't see him much for the last third of the series until things get to near the finale.

Hopefully we'll finally have some smaller scale arcs with just strawhats for a while before the end. They haven't all been together in six years, and that's not counting the two year seperation during the timeskip either.

Oda not juggling 80 characters and plots might let him streamline things a little and actually move the story along, if he wants to do anything close to his 5 year hope.
    That could very well be the case that we won't see Law anymore.

Considering that Jinbei is going to join in on Wano and "officially" become a Strawhat now that everything has been sorted, there is almost definitely someone on Wano right now that is joining the Strawhats. The question is who?
    Law seems to want to know the meaning of D, understanding who he is and the purpose, so what better crew to join than the Strawhats to find out that meaning.
    While he did live to defeat Doflamingo, the entire reason why Law had that issue with Doflamingo was due to him being a D. So if Law had to have an ambition or goal on that crew, that could be it.
    You could say it would clash with Robins goal, but Robin just wants to learn the history of the world whereas Law wants to learn of his purpose and the meaning of the will of D.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post

Didn't his plan change when he dropped the fairy carpenter and plant dude and came up with Robin and Franky. Granted even then, he's prolly settled on the final crew long before the supernovas happened.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanErrorist View Post
    I really feel like you have a point there, that the Supernovas were created last second. However, Law has played such a huge role in the series, being tied up to Doflamingo, operating and saving Luffy, eating the 5 billion beli devil fruit.

While the supernovas were created last second, he probably had an idea of creating Law at some point in the story or in some way, shape or form. I speculate that while creating the Supernovas, he decided it would be easy for him to introduce Law as a supernova to get him into the story.
    Seeing as how Law immediately had Doflamingo's Jolly Roger crossed out I'd say your probs right that Oda had some of the details worked out before he introduced them

I still don't think he'll become a straw hat though

But I like the character a lot, I would love for him and Kidd to become rivals with Luffy in the future, maybe replace Big Mom and Kaido as the new emporor's at the end of the series (either at the final war or in the epilogue)

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post

Oh man I can't wait for a new arc without 5,000 side characters and just focus on the straw hats, I mean I love what Odas been doing but I'd really much rather have a straw hat centered arc again, I'm tired of the constant back and forth between 40 different plot lines

Maybe we can get our last straw hat in an arc like that, if there's less side characters it means better time for bonding and forming a relationship with the straw hats, like Drum Island and Thriller Bark

What us as fans see as better for the series and what route Oda decides to go in, don't hand in hand a lot. So, whether Law is around or not after this, idk. Based on Law being the Vivi of this road to Kaido, it's highly possible that he's done, but with this recent surge of D. clan business and Law's post Doffy agenda (his own path and what does D mean), there's a chance that his tenure isn't discontinued.

Apropos, if this batch of Supernova take down Kaido, they could be this era's version of the Marines and Roger Pirates. Going their separate ways and being a 1 off makes more sense, but Law sticking with the SH crew is also a possibility. If he survives this of course lol

Regardless of who it is, this could be the reason why Jinbei has been delayed for so long. New Nakama joining in quick succession comment from Oda would mean that once Kaido has been kicked out and this entire Kaido Saga is over, Jinbei will officially join the Strawhats along with one more person and go on their next journey as a completed crew from there. It surely can't be in another Arc because there would be too much of a gap after Jinbei joining the Stawhats. We are getting closer to end-game meaning they should have their crew set in stone and be complete and grow from there.
    Unless Luffy pulls out what he did with Brook when going to the next island.

Going forward, the crew probably needs some strong characters like Jinbei.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information