View Poll Results: Who will join the alliance to take down Kaido?

Voters
219. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eustass Kid

171 78.08%
  • Basil Hawkins

97 44.29%
  • X Drake

96 43.84%
  • Scratchmen Apoo

63 28.77%
  • Gekko Moriah

68 31.05%
  • ???

36 16.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: Official Wano Thread

Default Re: Official Wano Thread

Who is the ninja in the top right panel???

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/.../0/955/page/12

Probably a random ninja they recruited or that followed Shinobu's orders.
    I love that Oda keeps the theme of Ninjas always looking goofy and weird.

I don't know if this has been mentioned but ist it possible that Oden was a woman Who was forced to live als a man for cultural reasons (male succession etc.)?
    And Toki was in fact a man Who was forced to live as a woman for the same reason?

This would explain why all the male pirates are fawning over "him".

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado View Post
    I don't know if this has been mentioned but ist it possible that Oden was a woman Who was forced to live als a man for cultural reasons (male succession etc.)?
    And Toki was in fact a man Who was forced to live as a woman for the same reason?

And Oden plus Toki would result in Momo how exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Piitan View Post
    And Oden plus Toki would result in Momo how exactly?

As I said, Toki would have been his biological father but was forced to live as a woman to maintain the societal conventions.

The reason why I think of this is

a) I Think there was a succession crisis in Japan some years ago because a male heir was lacking

b) Some cultures do exactly what I describe faced with Lack of male heirs

Oden gets "fawned" over because he's a great person, not because he's a woman...

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    Oden gets "fawned" over because he's a great person, not because he's a woman...
    Yes, but many people here feel that he is overhyped to an extent that he can never live up to. Making him a woman and a good looking one at that would instantly explain everyones infatuation,the conflict with his father and his wllingness to change society.

Yes, but many people here feel that he is overhyped to an extent that he can never live up to.
    That's their own personal problem that they may or may not get over. If anything, it's weirder for you to come up with an extremely random theory of them only caring because they're attracted to him, as opposed to you know, all the feats and such that we've been repeatedly told he's responsible for.

Making him a woman and a good looking one at that would instantly explain everyones infatuation,the conflict with his father and his wllingness to change society.
    Again, it's already been well established that their love for Oden, which the regular Wano citizens also share, is clearly about him as a person and what he has done for them. The only thing left to be seen is if there's a more specific thing Oden knows or can do that is tied to why Whitebeard and Roger liked him so much.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Nah, that's way too silly and convoluted.

Well, the only other reason I can think of is that his top knot is actually an bound afro.

I'm not sure if this is a new theory or not cause it's not that original, anyone thinking that Oda hasn't shown Oden yet because it would give something away? Like, maybe he's a character we might recognize--such as a relative of a character we've seen before now. It's weird that we've gone so long without showing him, even in that chapter with Roger. It was super awkward to have everyone talk to Oden from his perspective, and I image that's because Oda doesn't want to show his face yet.

Queen's got the Funk Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

I wouldn't interprete too much into the fact that Oda hasn't shown Oden's design properly yet.
    He is a flashback-char and just like Corazon or others, we'll have to wait for his appearance until his flashback.
    At PH Momo's (human) appearance wasn't shown until almost the end of PH, so let's just be patient.

One thing I quite don't get is:
    That "hat" Oden seems to wear, is this a hat at all or just a special hair knot?
    Maybe someone who is into edo period can clarify that.
    actual sized Queen-GIF (alternative colours): https://media.giphy.com/media/SUEiLt...hgCz/giphy.gif
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

Oda took forever to finally show Roger's eyes. He likes to conceal characters like Oden or Green Bull until he's ready to reveal them properly at a later time

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

I was talking with a friend elsewhere, and it's really a shame Oda can't ever have a beautiful female be a real warrior like any other random male, as it would have been a lot more cooler for Hiyori to be a swordswoman who actually *could* make good on her desire to kill Orochi, instead of just another damsel in distress who needs a man to do it for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B. Decent View Post
    I was talking with a friend elsewhere, and it's really a shame Oda can't ever have a beautiful female be a real warrior like any other random male, as it would have been a lot more cooler for Hiyori to be a swordswoman who actually *could* make good on her desire to kill Orochi, instead of just another damsel in distress who needs a man to do it for her.
    We still have Kiku at least.

That said, while I agree that it does sting more when it happens to the ladies, throughout the series both men and women of the supporting cast have always had to ultimately rely on the Strawhats to get stuff done for them. Even someone like Law, who is clearly formidable in his own right, a character you would argue was "owed" the finishing blow on Doffy, still had to leave it up to Luffy to accomplish. It's just how the series works. Though we may get a little exception this arc with little Momo, depending on what Oda has planned for him and his fancy sword.

Anyhow, its not like Hiyori personally asked anyone to do it for her, adding insult to injury. Zoro for example was already invested in taking down Orochi for his own reasons. And while she isn't a fighter, if that whole mess at the castle hadn't happened, I could've easily pictured a scenario where Hiyori could've gained an opportunity to assassinate him through her Komurasaki persona. Given his love for her, they could've gotten a room together, and then she takes care of him there or something.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

I recall that when Japan closed itself from the world it still allowed The Dutch in.
    Good reference from Oda portaying The Dutch as the Beast Pirates, historically accurate given the dutch are similar monsters.

Spoiler:
    Lmao, just kidding

Isn't King Burger coming to open Wano?

Edit: Sorry Wrong thread
    Last edited by Shiebs; October 19th, 2019 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    I could've easily pictured a scenario where Hiyori could've gained an opportunity to assassinate him through her Komurasaki persona.
    Okay wow, how have I missed this information. I admit I have been reading OP very casually in the past year or two and havent been on this forum, but I re-read Wano in the last few days and found out there was much I'd missed/forgotten. But even after re-reading it, I still didn't realise that Hiyori = Komurasaki. I was actually talking with a friend about some things in Wano and we were wondering about how Komurasaki would probably turn out to be alive at some point. Neither of us realised that that had already been the case, haha. There's soo many double personas in the arc, damn.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

If Sanji doesn't beat up Queen with a Concasse, I'm not counting it as a real victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    Who is the ninja in the top right panel???

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/.../0/955/page/12
    Knowing that Ninjas are known for their stealth and information gathering, rather than their fighting abilities, that could mean that he is working for Orochi and he's the one gathering the information. There could actually be no traitor.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information