+ Reply to Thread
Page 909 of 921 FirstFirst ... 409 809 859 899 907 908 909 910 911 919 ... LastLast
Results 18,161 to 18,180 of 18419

Thread: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Power of a hippo! Kaba Kaba Fruit's Avatar

Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs
    What Trump is doing is certainly wrong and detestable, what I'm saying is two wrongs don't make a right, you can't say what Trump is doing is amoral and wrong and then be like "But it's okay if Bernie does the same exact thing" Were supposed to be better than our enemies and not stoop to there lows

I don't agree with the idea that Republicans are playing dirty so Democrats must too
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news here but....

that's the current state of the American political system for you.

At this point, it's no longer about who is more jurisprudent to lead the American people so much so as who is capable of one-upping or matching their rivals blow-for-blow in a bid to secure the Oval Office.

Anecdotally speaking, I've seen my fair share of discussions on various social media groups about how the Democrats must step up their game and even be as cunning and ruthless as Trump in order to let their party win both houses and the Oval Office in 2020, ethics and integrity be damned! To them, it's all about getting Trump out of office and only out of office first and policies second. If the country has to fall into a rhetorical civil war between both parties during and after election season, then so be it.

I don't like our current political atmosphere either but this is what it is right now and I don't see a silver lining anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzMazz View Post
    What if Trump gets totally impeached, but he gets re-elected anyway?
    I thought you couldn't be re-elected for an office you were officially kicked out of.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    What Trump is doing is certainly wrong and detestable, what I'm saying is two wrongs don't make a right, you can't say what Trump is doing is amoral and wrong and then be like "But it's okay if Bernie does the same exact thing" Were supposed to be better than our enemies and not stoop to there lows
    I get that part but keep in mind things like the Dream Act that was established by Obama only came about because Republicans couldn't stop knifing each other in the back over immigration reform while millions of people were fucked on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

And another Republican President stabs the Kurds in the back.
    Complicating things since 2009.

America not wanting to imprison people for years because of the process being too costly?

But yeah taking all the credit for defeating Isis and pretending not a single fighter in Isis came from the U.S. big yikes.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

The most likely result of that policy shift is Turkey just letting the ISIS fighters go on the condition that they just go after the Kurds.
    Complicating things since 2009.

The United States will not hold them for what could be many years and great cost to the United States taxpayer.
    How about we ASK the taxpayers if holding ISIS would be a great cost to them? We don't need the administration putting words in the people's mouths over where they want their taxpayer dollars to go in order to cover their own spending habits.

Plus this move shows just how dire the consequences can be when conflict of interest is involved between two allies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaba Kaba Fruit View Post
    How about we ASK the taxpayers if holding ISIS would be a great cost to them? We don't need the administration putting words in the people's mouths over where they want their taxpayer dollars to go in order to cover their own spending habits.

Plus this move shows just how dire the consequences can be when conflict of interest is involved between two allies.
    Isn’t Guantanamo bay still a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by JazzMazz
    Isn’t Guantanamo bay still a thing?
    Is and will continue to be as long we keep insisting on making enemies on foreign soil.

I mean we've had enemies on foreign soil long before 9/11 so I don't think that's the problem as to why it hasn't been shuttered.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red
    I mean we've had enemies on foreign soil long before 9/11 so I don't think that's the problem as to why it hasn't been shuttered.
    It still works as a key facility for holding foreign fighters though...

^ Indefinitely without being charged or tried?

^ Indefinitely without being charged or tried?
    Your guess on that front is as good as mine. I'm inclined to believe that policies there change from administration to administration.

Seemingly stay more or less the same.

Seemingly stay more or less the same.
    I'm sorry, what?

I'm pretty sure that torture hasn't been used in an excessive fashion since George "dubya" Bush left office in '09. I mean, if it was, Barack Obama could've had a stronger case to close down Guantanamo Bay.

Anyways, back to the story:

TURKEY TO START SYRIA OFFENSIVE 'SHORTLY'
    The clock is ticking ever closer to Turkey coming down on the Kurds...
    Last edited by Kaba Kaba Fruit; October 17th, 2019 at 03:15 PM.

To be fair they were already fucking with the kurds this is just the U.S. (or Trump rather) effectively giving them a blank check.

Should the Kurds get massively slaughtered as a result, it could really damage Trump in 2020 if not already.

I know, it's ghoulish to ride on potential corpses of an ethnic community in Iraq to help the Dems take back the White House, but...I can't shake this premonition.

Should the Kurds get massively slaughtered as a result, it could really damage Trump in 2020 if not already.

I know, it's ghoulish to ride on potential corpses of an ethnic community in Iraq to help the Dems take back the White House, but...I can't shake this premonition.
    You underestimate how much trumpy's base is willing to look past in order to "own the libs" or whatever. If mocking the disabled, multiple affairs, open racism, and LITERAL TREASON didn't do it, this won't either.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that the average American even knows what a Kurd is.

Damage him among whom?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information