+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 3047

Thread: Bleach Discussion █: Soul Society, but not!

Default Re: Bleach Discussion █: Ichigo and Friends End the Manga Living in Hell

So I guess there is no negative side to having no Soul King?
    How much can you do? Just grab a ball and juggle.
    All those balls in the air, How hard can it be?
    So hard you're getting dizzy!
    Keep those balls in the air, Keep those balls in the ai-air!
    Balls in the air!

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Default Re: Bleach Discussion █: Ichigo and Friends End the Manga Living in Hell

Quote Originally Posted by ShinigamiKing View Post
    Bleach is one of those shows which never had a goal - which is fine. So Kubo SHOULD have focused it on Ichigo's coming of age; his experiences with both real life, and also shinigami life - which he actually DID d early on... but then stopped it shortly after the Vizard arc began. Consequently, that's when Bleach fell apart
    I've always appreciated the irony of that point in the story being in a volume titled "Goodbye, Halcyon Days"

Spoiler:

What happened with Ichigo's classmates?

His dad and Uryu's dad?

Chad?

There's probably more. I don't wanna repeat my post on the last page but Bleach is really a textbook example of of a bad show.

And it sucks because it started out so good.

I think Bleach was written by two different people.
    FMA 03> FMA Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Oh. That strikes me more as more teasing about one side of the relationship than referencing actual past events.

What happened with Ichigo's classmates?

His dad and Uryu's dad?

Chad?

There's probably more. I don't wanna repeat my post on the last page but Bleach is really a textbook example of of a bad show.

And it sucks because it started out so good.

I think Bleach was written by two different people.
    Chad was there. He was the reason they gathered up at Ichigo's place. To watch his boxing match.

What's Ichigo's character? When I look at the frist 180 chapters, I see a well-written character. But now it's a flat regurgitation.

What does Bleach really mean in the end (story-wise)?

Bleach is the example of a non-satisfying story.

Its ending is worse than Reborn - YES, because Reborn simply shit on the fans. But Bleach was an ending that we all knew would be bad, and more importantly, perfectly summarizes the issues of the show effortlessly.
    FMA 03> FMA Brotherhood

Bleach is Bleach. Back in the beginning it was really, really, good. Both manga and the anime. At some point it almost turned into a parody of itself. The ending is rushed as hell, nonsensical and unsatisfying. But that doesn't wipe (fully) that the first parts were probably one of the best I've seen in these formats.

Can't deny that the delicious shipper tears from that 2ch link pleasure me greatly, though.
    "Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see."

What's Ichigo's character? When I look at the frist 180 chapters, I see a well-written character. But now it's a flat regurgitation.

What does Bleach really mean in the end (story-wise)?

Bleach is the example of a non-satisfying story.

Its ending is worse than Reborn - YES, because Reborn simply shit on the fans. But Bleach was an ending that we all knew would be bad, and more importantly, perfectly summarizes the issues of the show effortlessly.
    No...nothing tops that nightmare,to me.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Damn, I'll have to complete reading Reborn one of these days (like during Winter or something), just to see what all the fuss is about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Gotta love Orihime being nothing as character as the series went on, and her becoming a full-blown housewife with little dialogue in the final chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Chad was there. He was the reason they gathered up at Ichigo's place. To watch his boxing match.
    I meant his fights

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    No...nothing tops that nightmare,to me.
    Yes bro, yes. Reborn was insulting as a ending, but Bleach's ending is flat out how to not write a show to begin with.
    FMA 03> FMA Brotherhood

Speaking of Reborn...
    Spoiler:
    What the fuck was the name of Kaoru's flames?

Default Re: Bleach Discussion +-0: Renji's Perfect End

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholemew Bear View Post
    Well at least it's somewhat deep considering that it's quite a debatable question whether black and white are considered colours.
    It is?

Quote Originally Posted by MajinArekkusu View Post

And regarding Orihimes big ass...well she is a milf now afterall. xD
    All that chest fat transferred elsewhere it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmetal-lich View Post
    I would think that Japan and Jump would have, considering how much money Bleach made with the movies, live action musicals, merchandising and frankly 10+ years of runtime in Jump would have earned it the chance to least end on a nice number like 700, not halfway through was clearly the last half of the arc. 14 more chapters probably wouldn't have fixed everything, but it would have let the series more breathing room to end. To wrap up points like the Soul King, Ukitake, those soul tickets that were revealed but ended up doing jack shit, etc.
    Pffft that's being awfully presumptuous.

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post

And in the end, the only thing Orihime does in the finale- the same girl who once drew this as her future self - is appear with an apron for one page. We don't even see her cook. We don't see anyone even eat.
    Kubo seems to be unaware that the guys in the anime made a short that shows she can't cook.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
    I'm sad that Chad's opponent wasn't revealed to be Mamoru Takamura
    that'd be the most appropriate way to finish him off
    A better way for him to get finished off would've been to pair him with someone. Though I guess Chad had to be denied that too
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Gotta love Orihime being nothing as character as the series went on, and her becoming a full-blown housewife with little dialogue in the final chapter.
    Ichigo is literally using her as a stool in the Colour Spread.

Still better than a robot tank that shoots missiles from the boobs.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

But you really gotta love Chad, who once promised never to fight except to protect people, now fighting for a living

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    But you really gotta love Chad, who once promised never to fight except to protect people, now fighting for a living
    Guess he gave it up since he sucked at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Well, that happened. At least Chad got away from that group of losers he used to hang with (and Rukia)... too bad he didn't take Tatsuki with him.

So let's see...

-Why waste time with Hiyori when you could have put literally anyone there? Yoruichi and Urahara anyone?

-where the hell is Isshin? Did he die offscreen so Ichigo could take over the clinic? If so why does no one say anything about him? Kubo remembered all of Ichigo's friends but forgot his dad? wth

-Fuck off namedropping one of Orihime's fairies. We know you either forgot them or decided it was too much effort to draw them (or both) a loooong time ago, Kubo.

-Chad turned into one of the first characters he jobbed to: Kyoraku Shunsui. Must be an easy job boxing against normal humans when your punches can demolish buildings. The jobber has become the uh... jobbee?

-Uryu is everyone's friend but he can't take the day off to watch Chad's match because he's married to his job in a profession he didn't want to pursue last I remember. Keep on Kuboing, Kubo.

-Kubo's last act of trolling is starting a shipping apocalypse via cliche married w/ kids epilogue rather than an attempt at an actual ending. The kids bring up questions I'm already seeing people ask like "how is Rukia's kids the same age as Ichigo's besides the obvious "because cliche main characters' kids are the same age" trope?" and "how is Ichigo's kid able to just poof into Shinigami mode?" What I'm even more confused by is how Ichigo's kid can just neutralize Ywach by touching the black goop which, by the way, is inexplicably not only in the living world as well as SS somehow but conveniently in the room Ichigo's kid was in at the moment of all places? Really? Nice job making last chapter's cliffhanger turn into a convenient anticlimax that rivals Uryu's deus ex machina arrow actually working to finish Ywach off.

-Glad Kubo got at least th OTP of the series right by reuniting Aizen and Chair. Fucking lol at the series' most iconic villain being the one to give the literal moral of the story speech in the end though.

-Still not clear how Ywach's plan would have meant no more death. Ukitake's grave was focused on just last chapter! Soul people can die, real people can die, how does merging the two stop this process? Unless souls just can't leave the single unified plane of existence he wanted, but then you could still get lethal injuries/terminal illness but just have to live with it? So everyone can be Kira in Ywach's world, posing with gaping festering holes in their sides... Cancer patients eventually either get a cure or become walking tumors, decapitated people suddenly have to lug their head everywhere ala headless horseman, etc. I imagine Ywach's real reason for a world w/o fear of death isn't for some utopia but just so he can continue being a sadistic prick cutting people up, blasting holes in people, and other various would-be-lethal things but the victims have to just live on in fear and pain with Ywach as some psychopathic deity.

And now my Bleach Epilogue video. Hope you enjoy

At least Ichigo and Rukia had a bond. Actual moments.

Fucking Orihime and Ichigo barely had shit. Ichigo doesn't even talk to Orihime in this chapter.

The last time we see Ichigo? He's talking with Rukia like they've done since chapter 1.

At least Naruto repsected and admired Hinata the way she admired him, so you could believe that. (or believe it, get hehe)

But Ichigo didn't have that with Orihmie - more importantly, he had an acutal connection with Rukia that was stronger.
    FMA 03> FMA Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    And now my Bleach Epilogue video. Hope you enjoy

"Everyone else died of AIDS and shit" Hahahaha this was a better ending then whatever crap we got.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information