+ Reply to Thread
Page 216 of 222 FirstFirst ... 116 166 206 214 215 216 217 218 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,320 of 4422

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Even the fighting is better on Punk Hazard. Fite me dammit.

While it is better than nothing, i was hoping to get at least 26 episodes :p because knowing me, i will burn through those 13 very quickly

Awesome news that we are getting more Dub One Piece Episodes :D

Kamen Rider OOOs

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LUFFY#1 fan View Post
    I have used the app on Roku in the past for catching up on black clover and it worked fine, even if the menu is kind of wonky.
    Yeah it works alright on my apple tv, high chance its a ps4 issue

Quote Originally Posted by AceLuffy4ever View Post
    While it is better than nothing, i was hoping to get at least 26 episodes :p because knowing me, i will burn through those 13 very quickly
    I’m notorious here for rationing episodes, but even I’m going to fly through these thirteen. It’s been too long.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

For anyone feeling like this is the bare minimum, it isn’t. We got two good bits of news today we weren’t expecting. (1) We don’t have to wait till February for new dubbed episodes! (2) They’re putting more resources into the dub so that they can release episodes even faster than before—and the schedule before was twelve episodes every two months. Faster than that is pretty amazing.

When do you folks think we’ll get the first drop? Weeks or days?
    Last edited by Zephray; October 20th, 2019 at 08:35 PM.

Punk Hazard definitely has plenty of fun moments I can't wait to finally see dubbed. This was the last arc I fully watched of the subbed anime and have only caught clips of things here and there since. I just really hope they won't subject us to the usual "Wait nearly a full year before we finally release this set of episodes on dvd/bluray" that they're doing all their streaming dubs with. I prefer to watch the physical releases.

Guess I'm just too behind the times though. I still don't care for Simuldubs and really don't want to see One Piece ever become one. Simuldubbing just seems like an excuse to make lazy choices and do sloppy work just to get the episodes out faster. I definitely don't have faith that a One Piece Simuldub would've done all of WCI's musical numbers the proper justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    I’m notorious here for rationing episodes, but even I’m going to fly through these thirteen. It’s been too long.

For anyone feeling like this is the bare minimum, it isn’t. We got two good bits of news today we weren’t expecting. (1) We don’t have to wait till February for new dubbed episodes! (2) They’re putting more resources into the dub so that they can release episodes even faster than before—and the schedule before was twelve episodes every two months. Faster than that is pretty amazing.

When do you folks think we’ll get the first drop? Weeks or days?
    So the new eps have been put online already?

Well Mercotty, Funi's simuldubs such as MHA, and Astra Lost in Space are of very high quality. They don't have to compromise quality for time.

Quote Originally Posted by Krillin View Post
    So the new eps have been put online already?
    Not yet. You misread my message.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcotty View Post

Guess I'm just too behind the times though. I still don't care for Simuldubs and really don't want to see One Piece ever become one. Simuldubbing just seems like an excuse to make lazy choices and do sloppy work just to get the episodes out faster. I definitely don't have faith that a One Piece Simuldub would've done all of WCI's musical numbers the proper justice.
    I’m not convinced this is true. What simuldubs have been “bad quality” in your opinion? An episode of anime doesn’t take a whole week to dub. It really only takes a few days, and they have the material a week before, so there’s plenty of time. Some simuldubs are two weeks behind the Japanese releases, which gives Funimation three weeks to dub them. Your only good point is about more effort-intensive stuff like songs. But if that slows them down, they can always delay a week, as they have, or their three week behind schedule can cover it fine.

OPP episode came out. They didn’t know about the dub coming back until we did. The interview with Colleen coming out this week will have no information about the dub episodes because they recorded it a few days ago, before the news dropped.

Oh, sorry, I'm just not a very trusting person. Funimation definitely has the track record to deserve the trust for simuldub quality, but I'll never be able to get away from the idea in my head that it's still a shorter time limit and that shorter time has to be split up even more between all their different simuldubs at the time. Delays always help, but I was under the impression popular opinion was to complain about them and that even being just 1 week behind defeats the purpose of it being simuldubbed. I just like One Piece too much to want to roll the risk....even if it's no different than how they've always dubbed and I'm just crazy paranoid.

Still excited for more One Piece dub. I'm just not big on watching anime online anymore (I really need to get in the habit of using duel monitors more, maybe that'd help) and the physical releases are feeling like they're taking longer and longer these days...

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marcotty View Post
    I'll never be able to get away from the idea in my head that it's still a shorter time limit and that shorter time has to be split up even more between all their different simuldubs at the time
    It's totally reasonable to assume the quality would drop if they spread their resources too thin. But I think the reality is that they have sacrificed working on any non-simuldub shows instead. Like, literally besides One Piece, what non-currently airing shows have Funimation dubbed in the past couple years? Seems to me their sole focus is simuldubbing right now. I haven't seen any older properties get dubbed outside of those D. Gray-Man episodes they had skipped

Quote Originally Posted by StrawHat96 View Post
    Well Mercotty, Funi's simuldubs such as MHA, and Astra Lost in Space are of very high quality. They don't have to compromise quality for time.
    Yeah, many simuldubs in my experience are still in excellent quality. Ultimately what matters is we're getting more episodes at a faster pace, and I'm sure that won't lower the quality. Maybe I'm biased because I already subscribe to Funimation now and don't mind waiting a little longer on home video releases, but I personally think anything to speed up the release of the dub is excellent even if that means the app is ahead of the home releases.

That said I'm probably in the minority here, but I haven't minded that they've taken a break from episodes in favor of these TV specials because I've never watched any of these specials before, whereas for the main series I've read the manga, reread the manga, and watched the subbed episodes already. So it's been nice for me personally to give them money and experience something new all at the same time. I know that's probably just me, and I'm still super thrilled we're getting back on track now that they've caught up with their Specials, but it's a nice thought now that we could be getting steady streams of episodes, new TV specials, and new movies without breaks or gaps from this point onwards.

It's nice to be able to post in these discussions again. Between being a small business owner and planning a wedding I'm definitely nowhere near as active as I used to be, but I do still love seeing the familiar user names still posting and do my best to keep the FAQ topic as up to date as possible. A lot has changed for me since I joined up 11 years ago, but my love for both One Piece and Funi's dub has not. I still listen to every commentary on every release.

Yeah, there are only a few of us from the original days when the Funimation dub was announced that back in April 2007 that still come here and talk about the dub. But the last couple days, got me a excited that a lot of people came here and talk about the speculations of things to come for the dub in the future.

I think Funimation are doing an outstanding job on the majority of simuldubs they do. I can't speak for all of it, but I do watch at least a handful each season, and considering Black Clover has entered its third consecutive year, the quality of that dub is very high. I do believe Dragon Ball Super will return in due course, maybe after Kitaro finishes up (looking like April) not sure where Toei lie these days on Simuldubs, but it wouldn't surprise me if they allow Funimation to SD Super, and if they do, not sure where that puts One Piece again. Hoping it won't have an impact, though to be honest, we don't know if it did when it was on toonami.
    In a perfect world, Super will get simuldubbed, and One Piece will continue on with this new schedule regardless. I would love it if we were given 13 episodes every month - that would be way beyond my wildest dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by iMustang View Post
    That said I'm probably in the minority here, but I haven't minded that they've taken a break from episodes in favor of these TV specials because I've never watched any of these specials before,
    I wouldn't mind if it was less time. Say, in between arcs they take 3-4 months off and dub a movie or two. That would be great; best of both worlds. My issue (and I think everyone elses') isn't that they paused the dub, but that they paused it for almost two years.

Quote Originally Posted by iMustang View Post
    It's nice to be able to post in these discussions again. Between being a small business owner and planning a wedding I'm definitely nowhere near as active as I used to be, but I do still love seeing the familiar user names still posting and do my best to keep the FAQ topic as up to date as possible. A lot has changed for me since I joined up 11 years ago, but my love for both One Piece and Funi's dub has not. I still listen to every commentary on every release.
    I'm literally in the same boat as you: small business owner and (early phases) beginning to plan a wedding. Hah. I just keep this tab open on my phone 24/7, hence why I post here so damn much. Lordy, it's surprising to look at my "join date" for AP. This account used to be someone else's, but I took it over like a year in because this site wouldn't let me register with my AOL address--and it's been only me since.

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy_80 View Post
    I would love it if we were given 13 episodes every month - that would be way beyond my wildest dreams.
    My fiance keeps telling me to keep expectations low, but I don't see this as unreasonable. If they released 13 episodes every other month with one team, there's no reason not to suspect they can release 13 episodes every 1-1.5 months with two teams. Now the only question is, when are they going to start?

Quote Originally Posted by Sano View Post
    Yeah, there are only a few of us from the original days when the Funimation dub was announced that back in April 2007 that still come here and talk about the dub. But the last couple days, got me a excited that a lot of people came here and talk about the speculations of things to come for the dub in the future.
    I remember watching the 4Kids dub when it first premiered on FoxBox, or whatever it used to be called. Don't remember exactly when I started coming to AP to chat about it all.
    Last edited by Zephray; October 21st, 2019 at 02:30 PM.

If they released 13 episodes every other month with one team, there's no reason not to suspect they can release 13 episodes every 1-1.5 months with two teams.
    With what Clint Bickham said, it seems as though they have at least two ADR directors with different actors recording for the episodes, and with more recording happening simultaneously, that means double the recording time. Also, these will be mixed and put straight up on Funimation Now, with no DVD release holding them back. Obviously, they will release them, but not immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Sano View Post
    Yep, that’d be me. Stoked that the dub is coming back. I will for sure watch it on Funimation Now and buy the home video release, I’ve always been a strong supporter.

I cant wait to hear matt mercer return as law

Especially that thing he says at the end of PH
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Another thing we didn’t mention: in addition to DBS being on break, Fairy Tail just ended. So they’ve suddenly got plenty of time to tackle OP.

My confusion is that people keep saying DBS will return soon, but Wikipedia says it ended in 2018. Could someone clarify for me? Obviously, I don’t watch or keep up with that show.

Another thing we didn’t mention: in addition to DBS being on break, Fairy Tail just ended. So they’ve suddenly got plenty of time to tackle OP.

My confusion is that people keep saying DBS will return soon, but Wikipedia says it ended in 2018. Could someone clarify for me? Obviously, I don’t watch or keep up with that show.
    They are talking about a sequal series or a continuation of Super.

Super had a terrible production line that just made the show difficult to work on, from wht people said they were able to fix that with the Broly movie and since then people are just waiting till its announced with a new artstyle like Broly.

Though considering people were saying it be announced multiple times this year and nothing happened, I would wait till there is an official announcement.

The only thing that is confirmed atm is that there is a Dragon Ball movie in the works

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information