+ Reply to Thread
Page 211 of 345 FirstFirst ... 111 161 201 209 210 211 212 213 221 261 311 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,220 of 6883

Thread: Pokemon Ultra S&M - Let's Minecraft Pikachu and Eevee Quest

Default Re: Pokemon Sun and Moon - Bewear of Spoilers

Also Dartrix always having closed eyes is....something.
    It having that strand of "hair" is....something.

Having the two together kinda rustles my jimmies lol

I think knowing type advantages is a great addition. Really, is not showing them fooling anyone? Does any one of you not just pull up a type chart, anyways, for the things they forget? Knowing type advantages doesn't tell you the best thing to do. You might have multiple effective options with various strengths and weaknesses on mons with various strengths and weaknesses. Like Mudsdale is my team's option against ice, but is also vulnerable to ice, so it's still a risk and a question. If this game was as one-dimensional as type advantage being all that matters, then it wouldn't be much of a game. Also, as we all know, some type advantages/disadvantages don't make sense. What intuitive way is there of knowing how every type interacts with something like fairy? I don't even know why fairy is super effective against dragon except to shake the meta.

They should just give you this info from the beginning.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

The Old Lapras and the Sea Kubihige's Avatar

So does Sandyghast actually exist? It's supposed to have a 20% spawn rate, but I've run into at least 30 Staryu in a row now...

Edit: Never underestimate the power of complaining. Sandygast get!
    3DS FC: 3969-4669-8685

Sweet Home Chicago Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

Opry current status as of the start of Island 2:

Parton (Brionne) Lv. 19
    Loveless (Grubbin) Lv. 19
    Doc Watson (Mudbray) Lv. 13

It's slow going because of life, but I'm powering through.

Just completed the second trial

Hmm, interesting how they're doing fishing this time around.

And now I've got one slot taken up while I wait to find out what hatches from that egg.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Just completed the second trial

Hmm, interesting how they're doing fishing this time around.

And now I've got one slot taken up while I wait to find out what hatches from that egg.
    I could tell you if you want...

also Feebas and and Alomomola appearance rates are ATROCIOUS AND RAGE INDUCING when you take the new way to fish into account.
    FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

Magikarp shouldn't show up if there are bubbles, that's all I'd want.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Fresh Waters only heal 30 HP now?!

Well fuck me for getting excited at how cheap they are and buying 50
    Last edited by NateRich; November 22nd, 2016 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Money is so easy to get in game but still...

Aggravator via Destiny darktravis's Avatar

Whoa, that Ghost trial Totem pokemon difficulty spike...
    Play rough is one shotting everyone.

While I was away from the franchise they've added in some convoluted evolution conditions (level up in this area, level up with this move, have high frienship/happiness, etc.)

Yesterday I was gunning for a wild umbreon (if you chain eevees you can get espeons or umbreons in the wild)

But I got the chain to 40+ until one eevee shrudded (anticipation, its HA) so there's that at least. No umbreon, but this eevee will become a great espeon.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Okay, finished the first trial on the second island. Stupid Lana thinks she's so smart. But I am now in the "How fucking hard is it to catch a damn female Sandalit?" stage.

I've got some pros and cons myself:

PRO:

1. As said before, the new catching system is nicely tuned. Not having to go to the PC as much is handy.
    2. Team Skull. God I love this team. The previous teams were starting to blend into each other, but Team Skull will stand out. Why? Because they're funny.
    3. I like the pokemon so far, although I wish we had more choice of flying types.
    4. The new professor is mrrrow. And it's nice he takes more of a role in your story other than just being the dude who gives you a pokemon then pushes you out to your journey.
    5. Riding pokemon. Now I don't have to worry about catching a Lapras because I'll always have one ready!

Con:

1. Festival Plaza can go screw itself. I want the X/Y system of battling and trading back.
    2. I hate Hau. There, I said it. The fucker can stop grinning.
    3. I don't know if it's a "con", but I'm still trying to figure out if I like this new "trial" system instead of a classic Gym.
    4. The story itself so far is . . . . . middling. But we'll see how it changes as it goes on.

Also: Where are my fucking roller skates? Or bicycle?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissie View Post
    Ahahahahahahahaha XD When I showed Zeph what caused my pout last night, he started talking like Garfield Persian too so that's extra funny now

....My poor poor handsome Meowth...
    You could have put an Everstone on it . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    Also Dartrix always having closed eyes is....something.
    It having that strand of "hair" is....something.

Having the two together kinda rustles my jimmies lol
    Japanese always love that "closed eye" look.

I still don't know how I feel about hau, its too close to how people act around me to counter my usual dryness.

Haven't had to use plaza deeply, for wonder trade and GTS works all rigth. I'll know the issues with it next week.

No issues with rotom, its text isn't intrusive (as it doesn't stop you to make you read it) but I'd wish the map was more through, as in you already have the info for Pokémon and grass patches, why don't you condense it to me and tell me what is in this patch of grass? Or make it obvious that the "challenge dens" aren't outdoor areas as far as the game is concerned, as they work as caves it seems, one spawn selection.

While I didn't like the front and center approach for communications of last gen, if trading with one specific person is this hard, then I'd rather have it back, or a separate lobby for friends and nearby people than the ransoms.

I want more in game hints of rare evolution conditions. The hand holding in the adventure doesn't bother me that much, but then you go and make mareanie have this crazy apparition method that its only hint you get is that "it eats corsolas" corsolas being also hard to find. Make some bird Pokémon prey on magikarp and teach that mechanic that way.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I prefer Nino Kuni's evolution system. Everything, and I mean *everything* has the same exact evolution path. Three phases, with a split direction at the end. Its consistent and you know that everything has a total of 4 forms and exactly how to predict it, and can customize it to your liking. No happiness or special stones or things with only 1 or 2 forms... pure consistency. (Aside from a single post-game monster.)

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    3. I like the pokemon so far, although I wish we had more choice of flying types.
    Grass starter, rowlet/vullaby, elemental dancing birds (four of them), woodpecker, fletchling, spearow, wingull, butterfree, ladyba, zubat... there's a ton of flying types.

Unless you just mean new ones, In which case its still starter, woodpecker, and four elemental birds. (That don't seem to learn any elemental moves regardless of form... what's the point?)

Also: Where are my fucking roller skates? Or bicycle?
    They're called "Tauros" and "Stoutland" now.

You default start with running shoes, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by darktravis View Post
    While I was away from the franchise they've added in some convoluted evolution conditions (level up in this area, level up with this move, have high frienship/happiness, etc.)
    Have you been away since before generation 2? They've been putting those conditions on things for years, especially with evos and prevos introduced after a mon first appears.

Eevees are mostly to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    I got a Litten in GTS and was surprised to find out it was the original owner's actual starter, not a bred one.
    How can you tell? Is it just leveled up randomly? Sounds like a pokemon for Ash.
    Last edited by Robby; November 22nd, 2016 at 04:21 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

So, 25 hours into the game and I am still on the Ranch. I am advancing so ridiculously slow at this game and I am loving it! Seriously hope this lasts for as long as it can be.

And the main reason I am taking this long to advance in the game is because I am actually invested in it. Since Pearl, I already went to the game with my team planned and wouldn't use anything except for those 6 chosen pokémon.
    Now I also had my team (almost entirely) planned, so things should go the same way, but instead I find myself wanting to use so many other critters that cross my path I end up keeping around many pokémon I don't intend to have in my final team: Crabrawler was not planned to stay in the final team when I started using him (although I will probably keep this guy), Cutiefly is staying at least until it evolves, same for Mudbray, and I also intend to have Passimian and Salandit around once I find them. Keep training additional pokémon is holding me back, but only for good reasons.
    And now when I finally get to the point Drampa and Mudbray are on the same level as the rest of the team and I can move on to Route 5, first thing happen is a Fomantis popping out and then I go "oh, you are coming along too! And I suppose I will have to include Bounsweet when I meet it as well".

I'm also avoiding looking at the evolution requirements for new pokémon, so those guys may end up staying along for even longer if they don't simply evolve by leveling up.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    How can you tell? Is it just leveled up randomly? Sounds like a pokemon for Ash.
    Not being lv.1 was a hint, but in the summary it says it was met at Iki Town/lv.5.

The second page of stats says from where it came, if its breed, caught or given, and where.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Ever since third gen: http://www.serebii.net/pokemon_advance/status.shtml
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post

Not being lv.1 was a hint, but in the summary it says it was met at Iki Town/lv.5.
    Oh, yeah. I suppose that would do it.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I got my shit together and finally devised a way to do a proper Salandit hunt.
    Got four females out of six tries and now as a matter of honor I'll keep capturing them until I get a Modest or Timid.

And I feel stupid because I just realized my Trumbeak has Keen Eye instead of Skill Link :/

3DS FC-3196-4249-6136

Well, yeah, if you get some male Mon with cute charm in the front you boost the odds.

I'd say wait to breed the desired personality, but that also would be a ton of time.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    And I feel stupid because I just realized my Trumbeak has Keen Eye instead of Skill Link :/
    I don't know how soon Battle Royal is available, but you can buy an Ability Capsule with your points there.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Well, yeah, if you get some male Mon with cute charm in the front you boost the odds.
    That will be useful, thank you.

It's weird that I've had this game for around five days and I'm still only on Route 3, shortly after the first Trial. Guess I've been kind of distracted lately. Still, the game is fun, when it finally stops holding your hand and shoving Hau in your face. I'd much rather be exploring, but instead I have to put up with that obnoxious kid dragging me into cutscenes to listen to him speak. Not impressed by his so-called Kahuna grandfather, either, considering his dumb Tauros kept blocking my path. Why can't I ditch these jerks and go chill with Team Skull? They seem cool.

Another thing that I've found kind of bothersome is how much more common old/Alola form Pokemon are, in comparison to the Gen 7 creatures. Yeah, I'm not off the first island yet, but from what I hear from others, the encounter rates don't improve all that much later on. I want to see your new creatures, GameFreak, not the past ones (unless it's a Hitmonlee or a Hawlucha). Still, those grievances aside (and not being able to preview hairstyles), I'm having fun roaming patches of grass to see what new creatures pop out at me.

Current Team (likely not permanent):

Tigre Oscuro (Torracat), level 20
    Pearl (Trumbeak), level 18
    Volthor (Grubbin), level 17
    Tatl (Cutiefly), level 16
    Fisticlaws (Crabrawler), level 12
    Snoremunch (Munchlax), level 15 [only used to help with capturing]

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information