+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Star vs. The Forces of Evil

Default Re: Star vs. The Forces of Evil

Ludo graduated above the Jessie and James academy and became the Pierce of his franchise. I like this direction honestly.
    Working process.

Kinda sad that this thread never really took off.
    I recently got into the show, and filmed my reactions to season 2 for my channel.

Oh my gosh, the feels in the Bon Bon episode. Poor Star.

Also, Janna is best girl. She's too damn cool.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

I dropped it a while back, but all I know is that sometimes Facebook shows me a page called Starco Shippers and I keep thinking it's a legitimate shipping company.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

I'm still a loyal watcher of it. It's not as smartly written as Steven Universe or Gravity Falls, and Season 2 did kinda take a while to find it's groove, but the last few episodes have been pretty great. And yes, Bon Bon the Birthday Clown was amazing.

Sleepover and Naysaya are also definite highlights for me.
    Marco being surprisingly deep while also progressing things with Jackie.

His speech about Jackie in Sleepover was really nice, and won him a lot of respect points.
    I'm sure he also struck a chord with a lot of the audience when he said that his biggest fear is that we're all alone in the universe,
    hurtling through a black void on the stage of the absurd. Like, woah. What's with Disney's characters bringing up existential crisis lately? XD
    (Grunkle Stan expressed pessimism about life being a cruel joke, and death being the absolute end, which temporarily upset the kids as they thought about it)

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

This is enough reason for me to put this over Steven Universe in my list.

The hat of a warrior, those jackets being mini top hats I can even. I need to get caught up with season 2.

Man second season was a blast!!! Can't wait for the next part of it.
    Turning Ludo into an actual treat, more shadiness added to Toffee, Buff Frog and his family shenanigans, Star's bad feeling affecting her magic and on top of all that SPIDER WITH A TOP HAT.
    They managed to take all the good points from first season and max it up.

That's apparently because in between seasons 1 & 2, the team sat together and discussed what worked and didn't work about the first season.
    The stronger elements they should focus on, and the fat they can trim.

It seems that Ferguson & Alfonso have been cast aside in favor of more regular appearances and development for Janna & Jackie.
    A very good trade off, kudos for that. :D

River (Star's Dad) and Tom must have been popular too, since they've had numerous appearances this season too.
    I approve of that too, since I also love those characters.

So is the second season that much better than the first? I dropped it after finishing the first, since I wasn't too impressed by it, but I've been hearing lots of hype generated from S2.

The finale of season 1 pretty much opened the door to the actual meat of the show.

Spoiler:

Star is learning new techniques and spells while trying to control her half-powered wand that now responds with dark magic when she gets too negative while casting,
    Ludo has gone through a hard fought development and growth spanning multiple episodes that has turned him into an increasingly competent villain,
    Tom and Marco became frenemies, Oscar shows up more often and becomes best buds with Glossaryck, Marco delivers two really deep speeches,
    we gain more respect for Glossaryck as both a teacher and a magic user, and Star's Mom also gets a lot of credibility too (and we see a lot more of her softer touch),
    there's development for characters like Jackie and Janna, and Marco actually gets together with Jackie & they share a kiss. Actual progression with that whole thing.

While Ludo is gathering his strength and resources, something else is sucking up the magic in the world and the higher ups are very concerned.
    It seems to hint something to do with Toffee's eventual return.

Non heavy spoiler advertisement:

*ahem*

MARCO RIDES AN INVISIBLE GOAT AT SOME POINT.

Glossaryck: "Trust in goats!"

Hmm, maybe I'll give it another-

Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    MARCO RIDES AN INVISIBLE GOAT AT SOME POINT.

Glossaryck: "Trust in goats!"
    I'll take eight.

Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    That's apparently because in between seasons 1 & 2, the team sat together and discussed what worked and didn't work about the first season.
    The stronger elements they should focus on, and the fat they can trim.
    More show runners need to learn this lesson, it does great things for a series.
    Do we have a date for when the rest o season 2 returns airing?

I finally caught up on this between last night and this morning. Some thoughts:

Season 2 is definitely better than Season 1. There's a nice sense of progression through it between character growth and the plot involving Ludo, which help to keep me invested. The humor's grown on me some, too, and I'm thinking of the show more like Flapjack with a bit more maturity (not that that's a dig on Flapjack, just a distinction).

I've still got some problems with it, namely that the show sorta frustratingly does a 'what did we learn?' thing at the end of most episodes. On the other hand, though, what I'm really enjoying is the effort put in to have different parts of the cast interacting with each other. Some situations are a bit forced (Marco and Pony Head in that pizza ep), but it's nice to see how they work together, like Marco's budding 'friendship' with Tom, or Star's with Janna. Stuff like that really fleshes out the characters. I've especially enjoyed Yvgeny/Buffrog's developments since becoming a single father, and his positive relationship with Star and Marco. The fact that the dude could carry two episodes following him now is a testament to the quality of his growth.

So yeah, eager to see where this goes, and glad I gave it another shot!

The're a Starbomb coming to close the second season. Or so I've been told.

I was in Mexico for New Year's Eve and this was playing on the living room TV in my grandpa's house. At first, I just sat down to watch it because it was still early enough that no one had arrived for the festivities yet, but I got hooked pretty quickly (especially since Disney XD was running a marathon for it, starting from season 2). The marathon ended with a few episodes still left in season 2, but after the festivities were over and everyone was asleep, I stayed up all night watching it online, this time in English. Yeah, this show is great. Not sure how it flew under my radar for so long, but that mistake has been rectified... twice, since I watched it in both English and Spanish, because the Latin American dub is fantastic.

In other news:

(link)

New episodes tomorrow! And apparently a new episode will air almost every single day for the entirety of February, so I'm excited for that.

Damnit! I do not have time for this!

Sorry for the double post, but the scissor's episode was so gooooood!

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Yes it was!

Also great to hear Weird Al as the birthday party magician.

This is the ...third(?) time they've name dropped Eclipsa. Clearly the series is building her up to be someone important.
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Yep, this week's episodes were pretty good

Spoiler:
    Raid the Cave - Pretty good. Mostly just plot stuff and setting things up for the rest of the season.

Trickstar - Probably the weakest of the batch for me. I love Weird Al, but...eh, honestly, I think this one of his least impressive/memorable performances.

Baby - Good episode. Baby's a great character and we got some nice foreshadowing.

Running with Scissors - Wait, why wasn't this the episode with Weird Al? (kudos if you get the reference) But seriously, yeah, best episode of the batch. Hekapoo is an awesome character (totally forgot that we saw her in a previous episode) and that was pretty neat twist with Marco having hunted her for 16 years.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information