+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 113 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 2258

Thread: Oda's Interviews

Default Re: Oda's Interviews

Thanks for the videos and pics!

As you know, full name of ONE PIECE author is Eiichiro Oda. First name is usually given by parents in Japan.
    Then, what does "Eiichiro" (栄一郎) mean in Japanese? Ei (栄) means glory (flourish) and Ichiro (一郎) is a common name for a first-born son.
    FYI, Akira Toriyma's first name Akira (明) means bright/wise.

Oda's parents must be happy about their son being "glorious" mangaka just like his own name.
    3 days ago, Luffy's statue started being displayed near Kumamoto prefecture office, Oda's hometown.
    Oda's parents made comments about this statue.

Oda's father: It'd be great if everybody is glad about Luffy's statue. Hopefully this statue will become famous all over the world.
    (The latter part translation is ambiguous. Maybe Oda's father is hoping that Kumamoto people will succeed globally like ONE PIECE.)

Oda's mother: My son is saying that he will keep supporting Kumamoto. I'd appreciate it if people love Luffy's statue for a long time.

*Oda's father is good at Western painting style.

So an Italian facebook group has reported a Naito interview (but i didn't find anything about this on other forums or sites, nor i haven't read posts of redon and sandman) and it will be probably fake. I've translated it (sorry for my poor English, i hope it's understandable).
    -Wano will be "the biggest One Piece saga", in terms of lenght and plot development.
    -Naito says many mighty characters will appear soon, as "the sleeping world legend", who he talked about in a precedent interview.
    - Oda says 2019 will be "Zoro's year".
    - Naito says Oda calls him at pgone very rarely, and sometimes he's worried Oda works too hard, but he'satisfied about his work.
    - Naito says Oda's working many hours at day, and he reduced his rest by only 2 hours ad day . When he says him to repose, Oda always says "it's stronger than me, i need the result of my work will be amazing"
    - Naito talks about the Stampede movie. he says "the movie will introduce a dangerous and mighty enemy, comparable to an admiral or Dragon". He also says there will be some familiar characters, not only the Mugiwaras.
    - The editor reveals Oda's favourite food is chicken yakisoba and umeboshi, and he also likes sashimi cooked by his wife at home, and he offers it at Japanese dubbers of Mugiwaras
    This is the source: https://www.facebook.com/BikeAndRaft...6785?__tn__=-R
    "Let's go to the New World! Yeah!"

Quote Originally Posted by danilomaster87 View Post
    So an Italian facebook group has reported a Naito interview (but i didn't find anything about this on other forums or sites, nor i haven't read posts of redon and sandman) and it will be probably fake. I've translated it (sorry for my poor English, i hope it's understandable).

This is the source: https://www.facebook.com/BikeAndRaft...6785?__tn__=-R
    This sounds incredibly​ fake. It's not even a little subtle about it.

Agree. Unfortunately the administrators of that page say it's true and they reject to deny it
    "Let's go to the New World! Yeah!"

Quote Originally Posted by danilomaster87 View Post
    Agree. Unfortunately the administrators of that page say it's true and they reject to deny it
    I'm guessing they're not willing to say where they found the info either. It sounds like they just picked out a couple of big fanbase talking points to say Oda "confirmed" just for the clickbait. Pretty lame.

Yeah, unless they are willing to provide the original interview, I would suggest not spreading it. Those informations stick whithin the fandom long after being proven false.

What Oda considers the most delicious food was revealed in the One Piece Magazine comic by Yusaku Shibata.

It wasn't yakisoba.

Also, related to above, Oda's father is indeed a helluva artist.

The fakest-reading things off that are oda comparing anyone to dragon or mihawk

Other than that it sounds like generic editor hype, which naito kind of abused woth whole cake island. Honestly I feel he talked too much about wano in whole cake island and then he kept sayoig just you wait a ton for an arc that kind of ended anticli atically (purposefully but still)
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Year of Zoro lol I wish, he's waited over 20 years he deserves some serious spotlight time already
    Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ーī)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    What Oda considers the most delicious food was revealed in the One Piece Magazine comic by Yusaku Shibata.

It wasn't yakisoba.

Also, related to above, Oda's father is indeed a helluva artist.
    Is there anywhere we can see his dad's work.

According to today's radio program, Oda keeps in mind that he hangs out with his daughters at least one day per week.
    He usually sleeps for less than 3 hours a day. On top of that, he sleeps in his own studio without taking a shower.. 

The radio program also said that Sanma Akashiya, one of the most famous comedians in Japan, recently visited Oda's house for location shooting for TV show.
    Oda drew Sanma's face based on Whitebeard. The show is going to be held in January.

source: Akashiya Sanma All Night Nippon Onegai Request (December 16th, 2018)
    https://twitter.com/m_kac
    Sayumi Michishige official blog (July 1, 2011)
    http://gree.jp/michishige_sayumi/blog/entry/585958690
    Hidden:

Oda's father is indeed a helluva artist.
    Thanks for the info, Greg!

Quote Originally Posted by All Fiction View Post
    Is there anywhere we can see his dad's work.
    Publicly, not that I'm aware of however I haven't actually gone looking for any pieces outside what I've seen.

Inside Eiichiro Oda's House in Honmadekka!?TV program - 9 January 2019, 9:00 PM JST

This is awesome!!!

I was hoping they'd take the meeting with Sanma to bring his place to television for the first time.

There's already a big reveal here that I don't *think* is general public knowledge (or at least hasn't been explicitly stated) regarding Oda's work environment.

The closest they came to this kind of reveal was at Jump Festa about 3 or so years ago where Sugita-san recorded some footage from inside Oda's office but the footage was never made available after the one-time filming.

I wonder if they'll hype this at JF?

Also, using Sanma for this kind of promotion is appropriate. It would be like having Richard Pryor host the segment.

You're gonna flip over this. Here's hoping they can show you what his awesome bathtub is like.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    This is awesome!!!

I was hoping they'd take the meeting with Sanma to bring his place to television for the first time.

There's already a big reveal here that I don't *think* is general public knowledge (or at least hasn't been explicitly stated) regarding Oda's work environment.

The closest they came to this kind of reveal was at Jump Festa about 3 or so years ago where Sugita-san recorded some footage from inside Oda's office but the footage was never made available after the one-time filming.

I wonder if they'll hype this at JF?

Also, using Sanma for this kind of promotion is appropriate. It would be like having Richard Pryor host the segment.

You're gonna flip over this. Here's hoping they can show you what his awesome bathtub is like.
    what's the big reveal?

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    According to today's radio program, Oda keeps in mind that he hangs out with his daughters at least one day per week.
    He usually sleeps for less than 3 hours a day. On top of that, he sleeps in his own studio without taking a shower.. 

The radio program also said that Sanma Akashiya, one of the most famous comedians in Japan, recently visited Oda's house for location shooting for TV show.
    Oda drew Sanma's face based on Whitebeard. The show is going to be held in January.

source: Akashiya Sanma All Night Nippon Onegai Request (December 16th, 2018)
    https://twitter.com/m_kac
    Sayumi Michishige official blog (July 1, 2011)
    http://gree.jp/michishige_sayumi/blog/entry/585958690
    Thanks for the info, Greg!
    Ahh.I feel so bad for him. Functioning on so little sleep, and not seeing his daughters that much....

I hope he takes care of himself better.

Does the Honmadekka program have an official YouTube channel or something? I'd love to watch this interview.

According to Oda in the 2 Hours program at his work place :

One Piece will not end in 100 Volumes , the series is still going on .

Amazon Lily arc should not be in that time .

Oda : One Piece is close enough to the end .

The show cut Oda answer about the most popular character that he did not expect to be .

Oda read many manga like HxH , Dragon Ball and Jojo .. and more ! .

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Oda : The doctor said I do not exercise and my blood circulation is not good , I Keep up the work until late morning , I eat a little or I will get sick ( Diabetes ) , and I did not decide how to reach the end of the story yet .

* He knows the end but building it or reaching to it does not know yet
    * The story is 80%

Oda work place is fully shown for the first time .

a part of Oda face is already shown in the show .
    Last edited by EMUNOPLA; January 9th, 2019 at 06:38 AM.

[Video] Inside Eiichiro Oda's House - Honmadekka!?TV - 9 January 2019
    https://bit.tube/play?hash=QmedtzZam...channel=107606
    or
    https://yadi.sk/i/5w5r-Gs9UGeOcA

Last edited by thaihoa91; January 9th, 2019 at 07:58 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information