+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 111 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 107 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 2208

Thread: Oda's Interviews

  1. #121

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Magi View Post
    Y'know, Fairy Tail isn't as bad as you're making it out to be. Bad? Sure. That bad? I don't think so.
    FT's biggest problems are:
    -Fanservice
    -Friendship power ups+speeches
    -Asspulls
    -Dehyped villains

    The fanservice and friendship speeches being a real flaw or not all boils down to personal preference.
    All in all, its biggest flaw is the way it handles fights. That's all people really even complain about.

    Bleach being as bad as you say is what I'm inclined to agree with here.

    The massive bandwagoning hate for FT is largely unjustified.
    Bleach is garbage but Fairytail is beyond garbage lol .

    Fairytail is the manga that sets standards for garbage manga .

  2. #122
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Apr 2014

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Doffy. D Evil View Post
    Bleach is garbage but Fairytail is beyond garbage lol .

    Fairytail is the manga that sets standards for garbage manga .
    And you're probably saying this for the sake of saying it. Fairy Tail really did hit a low point, but a lot people decide that when a series hits some kind of low point they'll simply continue to hate on the series as long as it continues to exist and will claw at any little thing to do so.

    I challenge you to give me a few objective flaws within the series that doesn't involve fights or antagonist hype that'll warrant this type of response.
    Last edited by Magi; December 30th, 2014 at 06:47 PM.

  3. #123

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Magi View Post
    I challenge you to give me a few objective flaws within the series that doesn't involve fights or antagonist hype.
    Too many forgetful characters.

  4. #124
    playing a little cardgame Admiral Issho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Aachen,Germany

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Magi View Post
    And you're probably saying this for the sake of saying it. Fairy Tail really did hit a low point, but a lot people decide that when a series hits some kind of low point they'll simply continue to hate on the series as long as it continues to exist and will claw at any little thing to do so.

    I challenge you to give me a few objective flaws within the series that doesn't involve fights or antagonist hype that'll warrant this type of response.
    Can i partizipate too? If yes Lack of worldbuilding, everyone being useless besides fairy tails Core members Even After a 7-yeargap total asspullreveals bland Characters
    all credits to benjamminbrown

  5. #125
    I do, bro! I do! Shadowgreed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Peach Creek

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Magi View Post
    And you're probably saying this for the sake of saying it. Fairy Tail really did hit a low point, but a lot people decide that when a series hits some kind of low point they'll simply continue to hate on the series as long as it continues to exist and will claw at any little thing to do so.

    I challenge you to give me a few objective flaws within the series that doesn't involve fights or antagonist hype that'll warrant this type of response.
    Isn't Fairy Tail all about fights, Fan services, and 'Mama I love You' power ups though, I mean you have Dragons that can strip you naked, you have magic and you also have an author that knows how to destroy their work so god damn well.

  6. #126

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Quote Originally Posted by RamistaR View Post
    But it lacks a little something that made me drop it around chapter 100. I wouldn't say that the art was bad though. Maybe simple and unoriginal, but not ugly at all.
    Everything Mashima draws looks obscenely FLAT. Read up on line-weight.

  7. #127
    Just as planned choperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Right Behind you! MWHAHAHA

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    how about bull shit friendship power ups every two seconds, and really slow building plot that seems to be going nowwhere

    Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicań of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

  8. #128

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Magi View Post
    I challenge you to give me a few objective flaws within the series that doesn't involve fights or antagonist hype that'll warrant this type of response.
    lol while random people are casually throwing flaws at you add my critique of the total lack of line weight to the pile

  9. #129

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Magi View Post
    And you're probably saying this for the sake of saying it. Fairy Tail really did hit a low point, but a lot people decide that when a series hits some kind of low point they'll simply continue to hate on the series as long as it continues to exist and will claw at any little thing to do so.

    I challenge you to give me a few objective flaws within the series that doesn't involve fights or antagonist hype that'll warrant this type of response.
    Forgettable one-dimensional stereotype characters , uncreative world-building , uncreative and repetitive character designs , non-existent story , random and repetitive arc's , full of shonen cliches executed in the worst possible way and overall uncreative and unoriginal piece of garbage series ? Is that enough for you ?

  10. #130

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Magi/Daffy Duck: Fairy Tale isn't so bad!
    *a tomato goes sailing by*
    Magi/Daffy Duck: Oh is that all you got? Bring it on BUSTER!!
    *Magi is blown away by a torrent of tomatoes*

  11. #131
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Apr 2014

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King
    Magi/Daffy Duck: Fairy Tale isn't so bad!
    *a tomato goes sailing by*
    Magi/Daffy Duck: Oh is that all you got? Bring it on BUSTER!!
    *Magi is blown away by a torrent of tomatoes*
    You haven't contributed a valid reason as to why FT is atrociously, bottom of the barrel garbage either.

    Stunts like this post is the reason why you were previously on my ignore list. I don't have a single clue as to why you're even off of it,

    No one has debunked anything yet. The only legitimate point that was brought up was the poor world building.

    -EDIT
    My previous posts addressing all these points was accidentally edited over. I'll reply to them again later.
    Last edited by Magi; December 30th, 2014 at 08:14 PM.

  12. #132
    P̒̌͒ͥ̐̏̑sͥ̇y̔cͣ͌̍rͫ̔ȏ w̾͆ ̇ Psycrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Fairytail (well, the anime eps that were out at the time) were fun and tided me over between a lot of One Piece issues-- I liked it better than Bleach, Naruto, etc because it doesn't take itself too seriously, while still being something I can take more seriously than Toriko. But this topic looks like it went pretty far off the rails; whether or not you enjoy a separate manga is gonna be up to the individual reader!
    One Piece characters exploring outside options when One Piece is on break...


  13. #133

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Magi View Post
    You haven't contributed a valid reason as to why FT is atrociously, bottom of the barrel garbage either.

    Stunts like this post is the reason why you were previously on my ignore list. I don't have a single clue as to why you're even off of it,

    No one has debunked anything yet. The only legitimate point that was brought up was the poor world building.
    You seem to be fishing for some specific special thing like Hiro Mashima tracing it all, or it secretly being a rewording of Mein Kampf.
    It's all the basic things done absurdly horrible, with not even one iota of real passion and author voice involved. A cynical retread that makes Tite Kubo seem like an auteur by comparison.
    It doesn't need to be anything special. It's extremely bad at being a sequential story with pictures set in a fantasy "world" like people keep saying. It having an edge of obnoxiousness to it (and it's worthless creator, also known for the extremely terrible Rave Master) is probably what pushes people into hating it that extra mile though.

    Like how even in the deep depths of shit that were the wastelands of Naruto Part 2, one always felt a sort of sad stale awkwardness from it. It became depressingly bad, you felt bad for Kishimoto.
    Bleach's bad is lazy bad, vacant vapid bad. Empty bad. Though it does get obnoxious at points (Aizen, any and all use of English by Kubo), it's mostly just a blank void.

    Mashima's works (because we gotta throw Rave in there, proto-Fairy Tale that it is) are in your face incompetent.
    He seems to be able to write stories like the story parts of modern Sonic games. Like a condensed mass of whatever that is.

    Also you have no fucking idea what "debunk" means. Stop trying to make this into some scientific fact based argument instead of the discussion of taste that it is.

  14. #134
    Just as planned choperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Right Behind you! MWHAHAHA

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Magi View Post
    You haven't contributed a valid reason as to why FT is atrociously, bottom of the barrel garbage either.

    Stunts like this post is the reason why you were previously on my ignore list. I don't have a single clue as to why you're even off of it,

    No one has debunked anything yet. The only legitimate point that was brought up was the poor world building.

    -EDIT
    My previous posts addressing all these points was accidentally edited over. I'll reply to them again later.
    so wait..... why don't mine and doffy d. evils criticisms count

    i mean do we really have to get into paragraph long detail and pull images out of our ass over and over again to prove each and every claim, cause I assure you if that's what your looking for go to the fairy tail thread, people are ready and willing to oblige

    and can i state how much I hate that people who still like a series even though it's going downhill just excuse everything people say as being haters, most of us liked that series (and naruto and bleach) for a good amount of time, if we had just instantly hated it from the beginning we never would have read that far into the series...... much of the time the immense hate comes from seeing what you thought was going to be a great series (naruto during the chunnin exams) go to plain mediocre or just dull

    there's one thing if something never had potential in the first place, it's another when one had plenty and failed to live up to expectations. Though I imagine I'll now get the fairy tail never had potential at all from monkey king or thousand lions

    Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicań of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

  15. #135

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Magi View Post
    You haven't contributed a valid reason as to why FT is atrociously, bottom of the barrel garbage either.

    Stunts like this post is the reason why you were previously on my ignore list. I don't have a single clue as to why you're even off of it,

    No one has debunked anything yet. The only legitimate point that was brought up was the poor world building.

    -EDIT
    My previous posts addressing all these points was accidentally edited over. I'll reply to them again later.
    Oh man i am sure as hell looking forward to seeing what you are going to pull in order to "debunk" my claims .

  16. #136

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Damn oh Damn fine we can all agree that One Piece is good besides this there's no other Shonen Manga right now ? Fairy Tail sounds god awful from all the comments. Besides all this hate what defines a good Manga ? Story ? Meaning ? Characters ?

  17. #137
    I do, bro! I do! Shadowgreed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Peach Creek

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Ohhh never forget that emo final villain Zeref (he seems like the final villain), who we know almost nothing even though he has showed up in the story a few times by now. Do those characters even get flashbacks???

  18. #138

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowgreed View Post
    Ohhh never forget that emo final villain Zeref (he seems like the final villain), who we know almost nothing even though he has showed up in the story a few times by now. Do those characters even get flashbacks???
    Zeref is really one of the few good things about Fairy Tail. He's an interesting character and I want to see his past.

  19. #139

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Ok, this is it, let us all go to the Fairy Tail thread to talk bad about it.

    In here we ask ourselves, what did oda mean as "message"?
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  20. #140
    I do, bro! I do! Shadowgreed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Peach Creek

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Ok, this is it, let us all go to the Fairy Tail thread to talk bad about it.

    In here we ask ourselves, what did oda mean as "message"?
    Sorry, I just realized we are destroying this thread with this fairy crap. The Mods should delete the last few pages.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 1 guests)

  1. Deyme

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts