+ Reply to Thread
Page 109 of 111 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 2203

Thread: Oda's Interviews

Default Re: Oda's Interviews

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDDTz9k1Bs4

an interview with old one piece editor. Talking about Oda, and one piece.

A translation with important points would be appreciated:)

In Saudi Anime Expo 15th November 2019 :

- There is a plan to adapt the cover stories into the anime but Toei Animation right now is thinking and busy with Wano arc .

- Oda knew that Ace's death caused great sadness and influence, so he decided that the end of the story would be more sad .

- The anime staff enjoy choosing character designs such as skin color and hair because the author Oda does not interfere much, but the author Oda sometimes intervenes and rejects ideas in order to make the characters more wonderful.

Last edited by EMUNOPLA; November 16th, 2019 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EMUNOPLA View Post
    In Saudi Anime Expo 15th November 2019 :

- Oda knew that Ace's death caused great sadness and influence, so he decided that the end of the story would be more sad
    Dafuq? What's that supposed to mean?

Yeah that sounds weird. He probably meant since Ace's death had so much impact on the fandom he will strive to make the final war even more impactful. Talking about the impact Marineford had, this goes along with what Naito said in his interview.

Summary of the interview.

1. He indeed said that by the ending of the series the events that will happen will surpass the impact of the death of Ace in how we will feel and they will be truly sad.

2. By the end of Wano we will have an understanding of what the One Piece is and we will see something related to it ( or even a part of the One Piece ) .

3. Luffy will indeed fight Kaido and Big Mom in Wano and it will be the stuff of legends.

4. They want to adapt the cover stories but also the novels like the one of Ace and Law.

5. He talked about the plan to end the series in 5 more years.

6. Many changes are coming to the anime even more than the beginning of Wano and he talked about the designs of the anime.

7. He hyped up Kaido vs Luffy in the anime ( the upcoming episode ) and he said that it wll be something grandiose.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by papadight22 View Post

1. He indeed said that by the ending of the series the events that will happen will surpass the impact of the death of Ace in how we will feel and they will be truly sad.

2. By the end of Wano we will have an understanding of what the One Piece is and we will see something related to it ( or even a part of the One Piece ) .

3. Luffy will indeed fight Kaido and Big Mom in Wano and it will be the stuff of legends.

4. They want to adapt the cover stories but also the novels like the one of Ace and Law.

5. He talked about the plan to end the series in 5 more years.

6. Many changes are coming to the anime even more than the beginning of Wano and he talked about the designs of the anime.

7. He hyped up Kaido vs Luffy in the anime ( the upcoming episode ) and he said that it wll be something grandiose.
    Luffy's gonna die isn't he?

Which connects with what he said about wanting to adapt that Sanji one shot, neat.
    Can't wait.

I'm interested about the details of the interview. There seems to be a lot of production related stuff

Death(s) in the crew or whatever it takes to make the story great. I'm here for it. I love that spirit. Maybe something Kaido and Linlin have an inkling of from Xebec's mission to be king is connected to what the OP is. Or the Poneglyphs from Wano and Totland is finally read. Also, with Tenguyama knowing about cursed swords an their origins, maybe he can expound on kairoseki, PGs, DFs (has an object that took in a DF), Kokeshi dolls, etc. Or even information from Zunisha. Then there's whatever Teach is going after, plus what VP created, the Sabo and Nefertari issues. These are the only things that come to mind that can possibly link to the understanding of One Piece. Rayleigh compared the PK crew to Ohara in a sense. Maybe what happened in Wano is similar to the Ancient history.

Edit:https://twitter.com/0XMURADX0/status/1195807740813303810

T
    his is interesting.

"Heishi didn't mention 5 years, More like One Piece reaching 50% of it's story. I doubt anyone besides Oda knows, but that's another Four (5 Years) till the end. Kinda contradicting about Wano Ending. It's a feat if Oda compresses 900 chapters into 5 years. Maybe Five in One Piece years."

As I said b4, I don't take what is said or translated that seriously. Especially with some translating differently and the history of even editors and Oda himself having estimations that don't come true a lot. I do find the "50%" opinion (if this is what was said) interesting because most are saying 80%. I disagree with both because percentages are weird without context. I feel that accurate percentages can only be seen when the story is over.

Edit 2: Watching people argue over who translated something correctly is entertaining. There are people that treat what they translate as fact in manga discussion and don't consider that even a translator can be wrong. They use the "this person actually knows Japanese" tactic and it humors me.
    Last edited by Cockycent; November 16th, 2019 at 02:39 PM.

I'm standing by my prediction of "five years" meaning "six to eight years." Mostly this just feels like confirmation that the manga is building towards its ending. Perhaps Oda meant five years to move into the final arc, not just reach the ending? Or just lowballed it way too hard, as usual.

The most interesting stuff is the idea that we'll learn truths about the One Piece by the end of Wano. I'd figured the Oden flashback would skip over his time outside the country, but it looks like we're definitely getting some Roger in the coming chapters. Alternatively, a long Kaido/Big Mom flashback that shows some more of the Roger Pirates from the outside, from the perspective of the Rocks.

And while it's still commonly believed that Big Mom will remain an enemy until Elbaf, I'm more certain than ever that both Emperors are going to bite the dust here in Wano. And it's going to be glorious.

I'm convinced as well that Big Mom is going down here.

Optimistic.

I say 10 years min...

I'll keep saying it,what's happening outside Wano is already the endgame arc! The Shichibukai system gone,the Navy becoming more powerful with whatever weapon Vegapunk invented. Apparently something terrible happened to the Alabasta kingdom,something happened to Sabo too. Blackbeard on the move too..Thats all stuff that is 'endgame material' here. And when Kaidou and Big Mom will fall at the same time,the world will be even more messed around. And according to Naito the Strawhats will find out pivotal truths about the One Piece at the end of this arc too. Thats all scream 'after Wano we're in the final arc' to me. I know we have to see Elbaf,and to meet Vegapunk,but thats all stuff that can happen in this final arc,that will last several years. (If Wano ends in 2021,the final arc can last from 2021 to 2027. It will be a looong final arc then,there will be no rushing).

I also believe that Wano is already the start of the final war and everything that may come after (Elbaf, etc) will be part of it.

Feels weird that BM will be handled before Elbaf.

Thanks EMUNOPLA for providing us with the informative video link!
    It seems some people have already made their summaries, but I tried making my own one.

- Shimizu already knows what will happen in Wano arc and he says the ending of Wano arc will be "surprising”.

- Shimizu also knows how ONE PIECE will end, but he says he’d like to refrain from spilling the beans since Oda would be mad at him.

- Oda said to Shimizu, “So many audience were moved at the story of Ace (‘s death?), but I’m pretty sure that the ending of OP will be much more touching”.
    (He didn’t use the word “sad”, just neutral "touching")

- Heishi doesn’t know the ending of OP. He adds that he doesn’t want to know it soon since he is looking forward to what will happen in the future.

- Shimizu says Wano arc is a story where Luffy and others fight against Kaido and Big Mom.

- Oda told Shimizu long ago. “When Wano arc is over, it means the ending of OP will be in sight.”

- Anime staffs specify color schemes of characters, but Oda sometimes gives them an advice such as “Use more vivid color.”

- The outfits of Straw Hats are hard to draw because of the patterns in traditional Japanese clothes, so anime staffs rely on CG.

- Shimizu says Oda is a mangaka who thinks manga and anime are different stuffs. Oda tells anime staffs not to feel too stressed.

- Oda cherishes his comrades, so he holds a home party 3-4 times per year. Shimizu says one of the main themes of OP is comrades/nakama.

(note: Oda already said in an interview with Bump of Chicken in 2003 that the main theme of OP is “comrades/nakama”)

- Heishi says he has visited Taiwan, the United States and Europe as a guest in OP events. He feels the enthusiasm among Saudi Arabian fans seems like the greatest.

- Shimizu is impressed at the kindness of Saudi Arabian fans. When he entered a restroom, some people were waiting in line. They kindly told him to use the restroom first.

- As redon mentioned in his thread, Oda drew a stained-glass window based on Shimizu in Oda’s house about 10 years ago, but Shimizu asked him not to display it since the drawing looked too old.
    3 years ago, Shimizu thought he was old enough, so he told Oda to feel free to display the stained-glass.

(note: Oda and Shimizu have been good friends since long ago. Their interview was published in 2002. In Oda’s house, there is a bar called “Shimizu Bar”)

Hidden:

*About cover story stuff, I don't include it in my summary because the question was spoken in Arabic language...
    I could hear Shimizu answered the staffs are too busy to handle side stories due to Wano arc, though...

Thanks sandman

You are welcome and thank You Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Feels weird that BM will be handled before Elbaf.
    I dont believe Big Mom will die in Wano but i also dont think she'll be in Elbaf. We will learn a lot about her in Elbaf yes and it will somehow tie in with her character arc but Big Mom is staying until EOS. Kaido too. Shanks and Blackbeard idk

The only way I see both yonkou crews falling this arc is if entire marineforce shows up to help luffy beat them. But I would like to see garp team up with luffy against Bm and kaidou.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information