+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48

Thread: One Piece digital-colored chapters by Shueisha v2

Default Re: One Piece digital-colored chapters by Shueisha v2

Hello guys

any idea on when we'll get new colored volumes?

Quote Originally Posted by moujane View Post
    Hello guys

any idea on when we'll get new colored volumes?
    Nope, it just happens whenever it happens.

They usually drop near the start of a new month and first appear on the Shueisha website about two weeks before release. Give this page a refresh around the middle of the month to see if anything's coming September, but someone always announces them here prettymuch as soon as they show up anyway.

Even Brazil has pirates

I still wish to have every colored volume in japanese, but pretty much all of the links here expired. Doesn't anyone have them all?

Still no word on new volumes, but the Vivre Cards are leaking with freshly coloured panels. So far, all panels from volume 99 all appear in colour, and some from volume 100 do as well (but just as many from that volume are left awkwardly monochrome). Panels from the raid still reflect anime colours over manga ones for the Strawhats' outfits (that one segment of Jinbe's cape, Sanji's tie), but the interior of Onigashima (at least the Performance Floor area) has a different pallet to what the anime's doing. White and red up the walls, as opposed to the cream and wood-brown used in the anime. I hope the manga sticks with the scheme here. I think it's a lot more interesting and pleasant on the eye than the anime's version.

Cropped because it's all low quality and heavily watermarked, but here's the strawhat outfits still in anime mode and a glimpse of the manga background colours.

And some more of those red and white walls, which will be contrasted with blue roof segments on the main castle wall (which the anime also has).

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Red walls versus night-blue rooftop is actually a pretty genius visual decision. Props to whoever on the creative team came up with it. It also stays consistent with the blue oni/red oni typical of that Japanese historical period.

The Tobi Roppo cards are showing a lot more uncoloured panels, including ones from their matchup spreads in chapter 998, so colouring is definitely an ongoing process for volume 99. I think the most recent panel to be coloured is Big Mom punching Page One from chapter 1011.

I think based on this, it'll be a while before we get any full Onigashima volumes in colour, but it'd be nice if the next batch at least goes through Oden flashback.

Also, Queen's card has a better shot of the Performance Floor environment and I want to emphasise again how much I love the colour choices for it. My mental image had been a lot closer to what the anime's done with it, and it's such a pleasant surprise how much this version pops.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

The Numbers' card uses uncoloured panels from as far back as chapter 989, in volume 98. Goes a long way to show how long the colour work takes and how far out of order the artists have to work for the Vivre Cards. This pack especially must have come down to the wire to have so much still in monochrome. It's hard to make any safe assumptions about how many volumes they actually have completed and held back behind the scenes.

So not sure if this is notable, but this week's issue of Saikyou Jump includes an insert containing a printed copy of a few digitally colored chapters from Chopper's flashback.

https://twitter.com/japandealworld/s...45282533298176

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first time the digitally colored chapters are being offered in printed format. I hope this means a release of the entire series is possible in the future.

I know they're releasing those new omnibus volumes in Japan (not kanzeban). It would be nice if they released digitally colored chapters even in a bulk format.
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

"ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

Quote Originally Posted by Vongola_Boss_XI View Post
    So not sure if this is notable, but this week's issue of Saikyou Jump includes an insert containing a printed copy of a few digitally colored chapters from Chopper's flashback.

https://twitter.com/japandealworld/s...45282533298176

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first time the digitally colored chapters are being offered in printed format. I hope this means a release of the entire series is possible in the future.

I know they're releasing those new omnibus volumes in Japan (not kanzeban). It would be nice if they released digitally colored chapters even in a bulk format.
    I'm pretty sure you're right. I've seen panels and character art from the colour version used liberally in promo material, but this is the first sign I've seen of full chapters being put out there. That's exciting and I hope it leads to more!

Hello! I just want to ask does anyone own all or most of the color volumes of One Piece released in high quality? I don't care about the translation, I just want it to be of the best quality possible

Got today last Saikyo Jump issue, that has a special booklet with some chapters about Chopper. The important thing is that all chapters are in full color, the first time we can see One Piece full color edition chapters printed. Paper quality of this book is not very good (not as good as Dragon Ball full color edition Tankobons) but chapters looks fine!!

Between this and the Vivre Cards I really do feel teased by the prospect of a print release of the colour manga. And if it does ever happen, we'd still have to bridge the gape between that and getting an English release...

[QUOTE=DragonME7;4148303]Hello! I just want to ask does anyone own all or most of the color volumes of One Piece released in high quality? I don't care about the translation, I just want it to be of the best quality possible[

Quote Originally Posted by redon View Post
    Got today last Saikyo Jump issue, that has a special booklet with some chapters about Chopper. The important thing is that all chapters are in full color, the first time we can see One Piece full color edition chapters printed. Paper quality of this book is not very good (not as good as Dragon Ball full color edition Tankobons) but chapters looks fine!!

https://images2.imgbox.com/90/c7/l8ApGtXR_o.jpg
    https://images2.imgbox.com/91/61/ge0jLH2S_o.jpg
    https://images2.imgbox.com/0c/a4/LSBLvQlp_o.jpg
    Imagine someone scans these in HQ.
    People be reading the colored manga online and every chapter is 760x1200 and then all the sudden Chapters 148-152 are 3600 pixels.

Finally !! Volume 94 and 95 coming on Oct 4th !

Fantastic news! It's gonna be great to finally have the colour version past act 2. And what a great complement to the digital volume 100 coming out at the same time.

Hopefully volume 96 is close behind, maybe alongside volume 101. Then we can at least be up to the raid, even if nothing else from act 3 comes out until after Wano's done.

Great news! My bandwidth is ready. :)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information