+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Thread: One Piece digital-colored chapters by Shueisha v2

Default Re: One Piece digital-colored chapters by Shueisha v2

Hello I bought all the ONE PIECE DCC back in 2013, I have them all ! Does someone knows how to extract them to maybe get best quality possible?

Quote Originally Posted by BigNews View Post
    Hello I bought all the ONE PIECE DCC back in 2013, I have them all ! Does someone knows how to extract them to maybe get best quality possible?
    This is Big News indeed. Hope you can rip them @ 3056px!

We need OP premium quality as Bleach DCR :)

I dont know how to rip them :/

I know that this is probably a clichéd thing to say, but I really wish they would've made physical editions of digitally colored One Piece, to me this is the defintive version of the manga and I really wish I had the ability to read it without resorting to scanlations.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenness View Post
    I know that this is probably a clichéd thing to say, but I really wish they would've made physical editions of digitally colored One Piece, to me this is the defintive version of the manga and I really wish I had the ability to read it without resorting to scanlations.
    Hey, maybe if it gets said enough maybe someone in charge of that kind of thing will start to listen...

My dream would be an omnibus release based on the Japanese log collections with a revised and updated translation, but I'd take anything I could get honestly.

Yeh, an improved translation would be just about perfect for all the B+W fans if thats what your talking about... First and foremost, the English version of the One Piece manga needs to be enjoyed from a reading perspective, with a translation everyone can agree on and be happy with. I've been thinking more along the lines of fonts design and charcters voices inside the speech bubbles. Like MofoGoku in his prime, I guess. Maybe that isn't the best example of what I'm talking about. I think the fonts should a semi-formal/comicy and bouncy handwriting style, with visible quirks in speech. It'll have to be consistent with the expression of the art... throughout the entire series. That includes the visually appealing sound effects. One Piece is a huge world with a shit ton of characters, once a translation is there the manga just really needs fonts that compliment the artwork.
    P.S. Yes, I'm re-(re)doing the upscale of the digitally colored volumes... The quality is a major improvement, but its double pages and everything... doing it the double page way really saves a lot of time cause I'm doing this all on my phone and I need to select each image one-by-one. I seriously need time for this so I really dont know why I'm bothering to tell, but I only have volume 6 done which I am completely satisfied with and undoubtedly proud of.
    I will send previews on discord in a little while.

You're doing god's work. I don't know if you've answered this already but regarding the translation itself, will it be a mix of the VIz and other unofficial ones (even anime subs, for example kaizoku fansubs)? Also we'll you upload them as torrents or?

In my case, I have more luck. I just wanted the best resolution possible in RAW format.
    Same as HigherSky has done with all Bleach volumes (3056px, a few times even more).

We absolutely need that with One Piece & Naruto.
    Well, and many others then, but step by step, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_kami42 View Post
    Yeh, an improved translation would be just about perfect for all the B+W fans if thats what your talking about... First and foremost, the English version of the One Piece manga needs to be enjoyed from a reading perspective, with a translation everyone can agree on and be happy with. I've been thinking more along the lines of fonts design and charcters voices inside the speech bubbles. Like MofoGoku in his prime, I guess. Maybe that isn't the best example of what I'm talking about. I think the fonts should a semi-formal/comicy and bouncy handwriting style, with visible quirks in speech. It'll have to be consistent with the expression of the art... throughout the entire series. That includes the visually appealing sound effects. One Piece is a huge world with a shit ton of characters, once a translation is there the manga just really needs fonts that compliment the artwork.
    P.S. Yes, I'm re-(re)doing the upscale of the digitally colored volumes... The quality is a major improvement, but its double pages and everything... doing it the double page way really saves a lot of time cause I'm doing this all on my phone and I need to select each image one-by-one. I seriously need time for this so I really dont know why I'm bothering to tell, but I only have volume 6 done which I am completely satisfied with and undoubtedly proud of.
    I will send previews on discord in a little while.
    Bold part is never going to happen. There's too many variables in tone, wording and name interpretations to ever possibly please everyone. Like, I've got my own ideas about how I would do a rewrite of the existing translations (i'm something of a writer and think it would be an interesting creative experiment), and I know there's things all through it that wouldn't fly with decently sized sections of the community. Also as much as waiting sucks, I'd be scared to release anything until the series is close to the end, because you never know when another thing like "mighty blade" or a new Oda romanisation suggestion will throw everything into the lurch. The effort is super admirable though, and a manga translation with a font choice other than goddamn Wild Words would be a welcome breath of fresh air.

A more consistent, quality controlled version of the colour comic will be great for the fanbase, but it'd still be ideal to have an official, physical release for everyone to access guilt-free. A man can dream...

One Piece DCE v085 by anon. Thanks a lot, pal!

Quote Originally Posted by Nisemono View Post
    One Piece DCE v085 by anon. Thanks a lot, pal!

Thanks for sharing!

Even Brazil has pirates Lana_Patrick's Avatar

I've seen volumes 84 and 85 coloured in english, but is there a japanese version? I like trying to learn more japanese using them.
    Visit Brazil's best One Piece site on
    http://www.pieceproject.xpg.com.br/index.php

Spoiler:
    Sanji vs Baron Tamago

Quote Originally Posted by Lana_Patrick View Post
    I've seen volumes 84 and 85 coloured in english, but is there a japanese version? I like trying to learn more japanese using them.
    I'm not saying not to read the Japanese chapters. But if you are going to read One Piece as a main form of studying, I advise against it. This is simply due to the fact that the words and ways of speaking in One Piece are not used in the real world. Even some Japanese have trouble understanding the meaning of some words and phrases.
    You wouldn't really use a lot of the stuff they use in conversations, but it's an extra if you learn it. But up to you.

Even Brazil has pirates Lana_Patrick's Avatar

Oh, don't worry, I'm aware of it
    Visit Brazil's best One Piece site on
    http://www.pieceproject.xpg.com.br/index.php

Spoiler:
    Sanji vs Baron Tamago

Hey guys, just a question, how do people here feel about this colored version compared to the original black and white? What's the definitive version that you'd choose for yourself?

Personally, I really like this colored version because colors give a lot of life to the drawings, although I'm not sure if I like it more than the black and white version that has its own charm. However, I've seen arguments elsewhere belittling the colored version because of the quality/choices of the coloring, or because it's below the original just because of the fact that it is not the original, or mainly for artistic reasons as the original was drawn with techniques for black and white that don't go well with roughly coloring over it.

Does anybody here have another argument for the discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    Hey guys, just a question, how do people here feel about this colored version compared to the original black and white? What's the definitive version that you'd choose for yourself?

Personally, I really like this colored version because colors give a lot of life to the drawings, although I'm not sure if I like it more than the black and white version that has its own charm. However, I've seen arguments elsewhere belittling the colored version because of the quality/choices of the coloring, or because it's below the original just because of the fact that it is not the original, or mainly for artistic reasons as the original was drawn with techniques for black and white that don't go well with roughly coloring over it.

I'm personally a huge advocate for the colour version, which is is a poor mix with also being a huge advocate for the official release... (viz pls)

I think it goes underappreciated how much work has gone into getting the colouring just right. Compare any page with the black and white version and look at things like the articles of clothing Oda inks in black, like Luffy's shirts. The colouring team doesn't just go over the black with red, they make sure it looks right by drawing in creases, hems, seams and other details that get lost in the inking. I also really like its sense of lighting, especially when it shows highlights from things like fire on characters and surfaces, which is again, something the black and white art just isn't equipped to do. Scenes with lots of warm tones like sunsets or fires are my favourites for this kind of thing. I like the pallet on the whole more than a lot of the anime's tones (not to mention that it follow's Oda's designs rather than the anime's), and some of Oda's busier panels are made easier to quickly interpret by the addition of colour. Basically smart choices have been made to have the colour job work with art that was never intended to be coloured.

It's a fair point against the colour version that the white halos Oda leaves around his characters to make them stand out from the background can sometimes look ugly among all the rest of the vibrancy, but I've seen fan colourings that try to fill every inch of the page with colour and in my opinion they tend to look worse. Things get too murky that way. A better middleground might have been an area of muted colour for the halo rather thank stark white, but overall I like that the official colourists chose to leave Oda's white spaces as part of the page rather than filling it in entirely.

My only remaining real sore point is that the SBS and fanart pages of the volumes are left in black on white (or weird sepia), as well as the most recent character poll results (when all the previous ones were coloured). I hope they go back and add those in eventually like they did for the table of contents, recaps and volume title pages. Also yeah, some of the panels with just a colour fill for a background had weird choices made for them, but I could count on my fingers the ones that I actually hated. It's a pretty good ratio of good to bad panels considering how many literal tens of thousands of them there are.

I would never want to talk down the quality of the black and white art, because Oda has fantastic black and white art. The use of shape and silhouette in his inked in sections is absolutely top notch, and that's something that doesn't get conveyed the same way in black and white, so I'd never want to see that removed as a reading option. But the colouring job is also extremely high quality and brings its own unique advantages to the art and story. It raises the accessibility of the manga with its enhanced readability, which is great for new and casual manga readers. Both versions are great, both have different things they gain and lose. There's nothing wrong with having a preference for one or the other, but people saying the colour version is objectively bad are objectively wrong.

(Another tiny nice thing about the colour version is that it edits the early Ace and Whitebeard panels so that Whitebeard's flag is a cross from the start, essentially completing the retcon and making it consistent across the whole manga. It's possible the current black and white digital volumes also have this update, but every current scan/rip/official release retains the old manji and I can't be bothered purchasing the Japanese ones to check)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I'm personally a huge advocate for the colour version, which is is a poor mix with also being a huge advocate for the official release... (viz pls)

I think it goes underappreciated how much work has gone into getting the colouring just right. Compare any page with the black and white version and look at things like the articles of clothing Oda inks in black, like Luffy's shirts. The colouring team doesn't just go over the black with red, they make sure it looks right by drawing in creases, hems, seams and other details that get lost in the inking. I also really like its sense of lighting, especially when it shows highlights from things like fire on characters and surfaces, which is again, something the black and white art just isn't equipped to do. Scenes with lots of warm tones like sunsets or fires are my favourites for this kind of thing. I like the pallet on the whole more than a lot of the anime's tones (not to mention that it follow's Oda's designs rather than the anime's), and some of Oda's busier panels are made easier to quickly interpret by the addition of colour. Basically smart choices have been made to have the colour job work with art that was never intended to be coloured.

It's a fair point against the colour version that the white halos Oda leaves around his characters to make them stand out from the background can sometimes look ugly among all the rest of the vibrancy, but I've seen fan colourings that try to fill every inch of the page with colour and in my opinion they tend to look worse. Things get too murky that way. A better middleground might have been an area of muted colour for the halo rather thank stark white, but overall I like that the official colourists chose to leave Oda's white spaces as part of the page rather than filling it in entirely.

My only remaining real sore point is that the SBS and fanart pages of the volumes are left in black on white (or weird sepia), as well as the most recent character poll results (when all the previous ones were coloured). I hope they go back and add those in eventually like they did for the table of contents, recaps and volume title pages. Also yeah, some of the panels with just a colour fill for a background had weird choices made for them, but I could count on my fingers the ones that I actually hated. It's a pretty good ratio of good to bad panels considering how many literal tens of thousands of them there are.

I would never want to talk down the quality of the black and white art, because Oda has fantastic black and white art. The use of shape and silhouette in his inked in sections is absolutely top notch, and that's something that doesn't get conveyed the same way in black and white, so I'd never want to see that removed as a reading option. But the colouring job is also extremely high quality and brings its own unique advantages to the art and story. It raises the accessibility of the manga with its enhanced readability, which is great for new and casual manga readers. Both versions are great, both have different things they gain and lose. There's nothing wrong with having a preference for one or the other, but people saying the colour version is objectively bad are objectively wrong.

(Another tiny nice thing about the colour version is that it edits the early Ace and Whitebeard panels so that Whitebeard's flag is a cross from the start, essentially completing the retcon and making it consistent across the whole manga. It's possible the current black and white digital volumes also have this update, but every current scan/rip/official release retains the old manji and I can't be bothered purchasing the Japanese ones to check)
    I'm totally with you that these colorists made the best they could do, and their effort is very noticeable. Honestly, we're very lucky to have both versions available, and I hope one day they print the colored manga in a nice premium package.

I'm just torn between which one I think is the ultimate version. Maybe mine is a dumb dillema, lol.

I'm totally with you that these colorists made the best they could do, and their effort is very noticeable. Honestly, we're very lucky to have both versions available, and I hope one day they print the colored manga in a nice premium package.

I'm just torn between which one I think is the ultimate version. Maybe mine is a dumb dillema, lol.
    lol I don't think there has to be a single definitive version, they're both really well done, so it's all a matter of taste. Even on an individual level, I mostly prefer the colour version, but there's still plenty of days where I'm vibing the black and white look more.

I think that because I'm reading the story every week in black and white, if I were to re-read it, then I might as well use the coloured version.
    If there is a coloured version available Ill almost always read it.

Is there any site where read one piece colored in English?
    Prediction.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    a team of allosaurus, spinosaurus, pterodactyl, branchiosaurus, triceratops and ankylosaurus, keeping the T-Rex one for King and megalodon for Queen.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    what if Rocks wanted to become the king of world... and he did i? Imu revealed to be Rocks could be a twist

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information