Closed Thread
Page 395 of 505 FirstFirst ... 295 345 385 393 394 395 396 397 405 445 495 ... LastLast
Results 7,881 to 7,900 of 10084

Thread: My Hero Academia - Gomu Gomu no Gentle Fist

  1. #7881

    Default Re: My Hero Academia - Red Diamond is Crash

    Mangastream translations aren't as reliable as you think.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

  2. #7882
    Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Middleton, ID

    Default Re: My Hero Academia - Red Diamond is Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    Mangastream translations aren't as reliable as you think.
    First thought: They're even worse?!

    Among other things there's "Rappa's Brother" and "Irinaka's Brother", which I'm willing to bet she overly literal translations of "aniki".

    Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

  3. #7883

    Default Re: My Hero Academia - Red Diamond is Crash

    I think part of the wonkiness of dialogue is Twice is sometimes saying two different things. But maybe once a proper translation comes out it'll be more clear.

  4. #7884

    Default Re: My Hero Academia - Red Diamond is Crash

    Think Mr. Compress is getting a metal arm from black market dealer. Dabi's back, but no new recruits. Guess they're being more cautious not bringing newbies to HQ. Blackmist is doing something important and so is Gran Torino, mmmhmm.

    Yeah, from what I got Team VA wants to set up the Yakuza to fail. Lots of talk about how strong members of the alliance are. Might be a hint they're about to level up the one thing they lack, tactics.

    NNID: jervinnectar

  5. #7885
    Pokémon Master brennen.exe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    The Future

    Default Re: My Hero Academia - Red Diamond is Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    Among other things there's "Rappa's Brother" and "Irinaka's Brother", which I'm willing to bet she overly literal translations of "aniki".
    Either that or it has something to do with how he refers to a clone that he's made?

  6. #7886
    Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Middleton, ID

    Default Re: My Hero Academia - Red Diamond is Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by brennen.exe View Post
    Either that or it has something to do with how he refers to a clone that he's made?
    I saw that brought up, and that's actually why I didn't think anything of his doing it with Rappa, but I don't really think irinaka is a Twice double. He's gotten too much personal focus for me to think it likely, nor do I think a clone would handle the quirk boosters, since one of their issues is durability. Until we see something to indicate otherwise, I'm assuming Irinaka's the real deal.

    Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

  7. #7887

    Default Re: My Hero Academia - Red Diamond is Crash

    It's just aniki. Twoga getting into the yakuza role to a goofy extent.

  8. #7888
    The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Planet Zordoom

    Default Re: My Hero Academia - Red Diamond is Crash

    I'm waiting for this fan art to come true now:

    Spoiler:



    Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

  9. #7889

    Default Re: My Hero Academia - Red Diamond is Crash

    I haven't read the chapter yet, but if it's written as "xxx no aniki", it's a common use to say "brother xxx".
    But because it's more of a street slang use (appropriate for a thug such as this case) and not proper, if you didn't know the use case, it would look like "brother of xxx".

    I imagine a lot of translators don't have enough experience to know these "broken Japanese" uses, if you will.

    If that's the use case here (again, I haven't read the chapter yet) and it's coming from Twice or Toga, I imagine they're being silly stereotype yakuza thug role playing lol

  10. #7890
    The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Planet Zordoom

    Default Re: My Hero Academia - Red Diamond is Crash

    I just noticed that Mr. Compress' latest mask looks like a sad face lol.

    Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

  11. #7891

    Default Re: My Hero Academia - Red Diamond is Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by MarcelloF View Post
    It's good to know I wasn't the only one who couldn't really follow the chapter this week.
    My thoughts exactly.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
    http://w11.zetaboards.com/OnePieceNewWorld/index/

    Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    Let's just be honest here: The Watchmen movie was a complete and utter, extremely boring, blue man penis filled abomination.
    And I don't even feel this way, it's just a hilarious quote.

  12. #7892

    Default Re: My Hero Academia - Red Diamond is Crash

    Seems like next week's episode is going to have a bunch of filler.

  13. #7893
    Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Italy

    Default Re: My Hero Academia - Red Diamond is Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Seems like next week's episode is going to have a bunch of filler.
    From the preview, looks like it'll be covering the other internships. I hope this was Horikoshi's suggestion (perhaps even written by him), either way it's probably because the anime staff needed to fill time to keep the pace and end on specific chapter.
    I really want it to be as good as the Endevour stuff, but i won't keep my hopes too high!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch
    You're the kind of person that can't make the difference between "facts" and "far-righty rambling" but somehow you think you can legit talk like this. You're the Ben Shapiro of this forum
    Beautiful. Just beautiful.

  14. #7894

    Default Re: My Hero Academia - Red Diamond is Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    From the preview, looks like it'll be covering the other internships. I hope this was Horikoshi's suggestion (perhaps even written by him), either way it's probably because the anime staff needed to fill time to keep the pace and end on specific chapter.
    I really want it to be as good as the Endevour stuff, but i won't keep my hopes too high!
    So far all the other filler bits fit in very well with the story. So I hope Horikoshi is giving them the ideas. Even if not there's someone with some soild skill on the team.

    Kind of a random question. But who do you guys think the 3rd (now technically 2nd) ranked Pro Hero is? Or why they haven't been revealed?

    Part of me thinks we'll know after this arc and if Icy Hot and Lord Explodo Kills get their licenses.

  15. #7895

    Default Re: My Hero Academia - Red Diamond is Crash

    Wow, I am actually hyped for anime filler episode.
    This show has been doing an EXCELLENT job filling in the gaps, can't wait to see the internship anime original episode.

  16. #7896

    Default Re: My Hero Academia - Red Diamond is Crash

    No way they'd hype the filler if Horikoshi wasn't involved. Should be fun but keeping my expectations low just in case.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    So far all the other filler bits fit in very well with the story. So I hope Horikoshi is giving them the ideas. Even if not there's someone with some soild skill on the team.

    Kind of a random question. But who do you guys think the 3rd (now technically 2nd) ranked Pro Hero is? Or why they haven't been revealed?

    Part of me thinks we'll know after this arc and if Icy Hot and Lord Explodo Kills get their licenses.
    Whoever that person is he/she was absent from the Save Bakugou plan and no one mentioned it. Maybe that person lives far away or was out the country for some future arc related stuff. Might be one of Yaoyorozu's parents or family member.

    NNID: jervinnectar

  17. #7897
    The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Planet Zordoom

    Default Re: My Hero Academia - Red Diamond is Crash

    I have a feeling that the No. 3 hero is a woman. I have no legitimate reason as to why other than how famous high-tiered trios in manga tend to have a token female in the group.

    Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

  18. #7898

    Default Re: My Hero Academia - Red Diamond is Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    I have a feeling that the No. 3 hero is a woman. I have no legitimate reason as to why other than how famous high-tiered trios in manga tend to have a token female in the group.
    I could have sworn Nighteye was introduced as the No. 3 hero, though I suppose that since he prefers to keep a low profile that might not be true.

    If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

  19. #7899
    The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Planet Zordoom

    Default Re: My Hero Academia - Red Diamond is Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    I could have sworn Nighteye was introduced as the No. 3 hero, though I suppose that since he prefers to keep a low profile that might not be true.
    Nope, we have had no record of that thus far.

    Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

  20. #7900

    Default Re: My Hero Academia - Red Diamond is Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    I have a feeling that the No. 3 hero is a woman. I have no legitimate reason as to why other than how famous high-tiered trios in manga tend to have a token female in the group.
    It'll be Terrible tornado

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
    http://w11.zetaboards.com/OnePieceNewWorld/index/

    Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    Let's just be honest here: The Watchmen movie was a complete and utter, extremely boring, blue man penis filled abomination.
    And I don't even feel this way, it's just a hilarious quote.

Closed Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts