Closed Thread
Page 378 of 505 FirstFirst ... 278 328 368 376 377 378 379 380 388 428 478 ... LastLast
Results 7,541 to 7,560 of 10084

Thread: My Hero Academia - Gomu Gomu no Gentle Fist

Default Re: My Hero Academia - Diamond is Unbreakable

What did Aizawa done with Scarecrow anyway?

Looked kind of like an elbow strike to me?

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    Also, Aizawa's goggles are stated to be specifically for hiding his eyes from opponents so they can't see who he's looking at. If he can scan a number of people and block them all for a period of time, who he's looking at at any given moment wouldn't really matter that much.
    It would as he still has a time limit of blinking intervals, which end up resetting his Quirk. If he's looking at the right and blinks, then someone in the left could strike if he notices where Aizawa is looking at.
    Last edited by King Cannon; June 1st, 2017 at 12:30 PM.

I agree this looks like a retcon, but the explanation was always vague enough that it allowed for multiple interpretations, and the 'real' explanation seems to be the one you wouldn't naturally consider. Specifically the explanation for his goggles, the phrasing (at least in English) made it seem like the main purpose was to hide who he was looking at and when; I guess the explanation now is it's to hide "how it works", meaning when it wears off. Seems a bit ineffective though given people notice as soon as it returns? Granted I'm working off of my own memory here, so I'm sure someone like King Cannon can source and cite for CCC to check the raws for a better read on the goggles explanation.

I guess the key line is in volume 2, page 134, panel 2.
    "その上ゴーグルで目線を隠されていては「誰を消しているのか」分からない"
    "And those goggles hide his eyes [edited by editor from my original: line of sight], so we don't know whose Quirk he's cancelling."

I would've read the present continual tense of "cancelling" (a distinct choice over "cancelled") as implying the "he has to keep looking at you for the duration" interpretation, but it's still ambiguous enough to go the other way too, because he could be passively "cancelling" their Quirks by virtue of just keeping his eyes open.

The eyebeams concept just always seemed more natural :P

Quote Originally Posted by brennen.exe View Post
    I agree this looks like a retcon, but the explanation was always vague enough that it allowed for multiple interpretations, and the 'real' explanation seems to be the one you wouldn't naturally consider. Specifically the explanation for his goggles, the phrasing (at least in English) made it seem like the main purpose was to hide who he was looking at and when; I guess the explanation now is it's to hide "how it works", meaning when it wears off. Seems a bit ineffective though given people notice as soon as it returns? Granted I'm working off of my own memory here, so I'm sure someone like King Cannon can source and cite for CCC to check the raws for a better read on the goggles explanation.
    Indeed. The original explanation never mentioned anything about needing to be constantly in Aizawa's line of sight in order for it to work. It said that he could cancel the Quirk of anyone he looked at, and "blinking" was the only thing mentioned that cancelled Aizawa's Quirk. It was super literal.

It's less retcon and more details that took too long to show up.

Liked Suneater's story. Could this be Hori building him up as the next number one student after Mirio dies/loses his quirk? Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    I seriously hope the heroes start getting some casualties. As cool as this manga is, the fact the villains didn't manage to do one thing right so far is quickly taking the feeling of danger away.
    I think Rock Lock and the other pro heroes not apart of UA or mentoring are screwed. If not, at least permanently lose their quirks.

With the way the first three bullets went down the Villain Alliance will have to show just to give the heroes a challenge.

NNID: jervinnectar

...Wait. Other translations also went with Rock Lock? Instead of Lock Lock, Lock Rock, or Rock Rock!? What are the odds! ...1 in 4, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    ...Wait. Other translations also went with Rock Lock? Instead of Lock Lock, Lock Rock, or Rock Rock!? What are the odds! ...1 in 4, I guess.
    Rock Lock sounds better, probably because Rock can be used as an adjective.

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Rock Lock sounds better, probably because Rock can be used as an adjective.
    He'll always be Lock and Lobe to me

For reference though, viz went with Rock Lock as well.

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    For a moment I had read that as Rock Lee.

Can someone explain to me why people are expecting Mirio to die or quit heroing in this arc? I'm confused because from everything we know he's supposed to be the top student at a prestigious hero school. It would be pretty dumb for him to bite it on the first mission we see him on, and its not like we know his character well so it wouldn't even have an effective impact. Are there some obvious flags or something that I'm missing?

it's time to send Bones a gift basket

Duuuuuuude. That last attack in the anime today looked epic! They totally nailed it's intensity!

Bones earned a cookie for that one.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Catching up with the anime, Hoshiroki still hasn't continued Ochako's character development.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by algebro View Post
    Can someone explain to me why people are expecting Mirio to die or quit heroing in this arc?
    Just general nostradamus'ing and tvtropes pandering.

Nothing to say about the episode except I see why Hori cried watching the fight. Bravo! Not much else to do but wait for Gran Torino and Stain.

NNID: jervinnectar

I just really want to rematch that last strike over amd over. It was just so satisfying.

Vigilante Jump Giga extra chapter is out on Mangastream

Suicide bomber looks like a Megaman villains reject, and they totally wasted the opportunity naming Midnight's boys, they should've called them Midnight Crew or Midnight Club

Closed Thread

Thread Information