+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 760: The Same Stakes

Default Re: Chapter 760: The Same Stakes

Quote Originally Posted by RamistaR View Post
    You of all people should know the secret behind Law's toughness. Law ate Sanji's food, twice.
    There is also the theory about his vital organs being stored somewhere.
    I'll have a problem If this is true!

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by freedom View Post
    Well, I guess we're reading a different story. The point of the timeskip and training was so the SHs could be ready for the New World. Look it up buddy!

I'll give you your Fujitora comment since this is what all this nonsense stems from anyway. But just because Oda isn't using Fujitora the way you see fit, doesn't mean you need to underestimate Luffy's abilities or scream bad writing because Luffy is about to defeat some character you deem top-tier and outside of his league.
    Out of sheer curiousity: Do you consider literaly every conflict between Luffy and a Villain pre-timeskip as a failure done by someone not ready for the Grand Line?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    After a whole chapter dedicated to calling Luffy a "Trump Card", I don't really see Fujitora betting wrong here.
    But here is the thing: Have you considered that Oda wants you to think precisely that?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth View Post
    So the only pirates that matters are Yonkou now?

Luffy learned the basics of Haki in year and half, and then trained in it for another half year. That, in you opinion, makes him equal to everyone except Yonkou and Admirals?
    Yes, Luffy is new to haki. However, he has the basic skills mastered. Enough skills to be creative and pull off a victory. Similar to how Luffy had basic fighting technique mastered when he encountered crocodile. It seems to me you're missing the entire point and idea of being ready for the New World. It's not that Luffy is not SSJ100 and will just blow his opponents and they will fall over. It's that Luffy now has the necessary tools to get around any strange oddity with DF or other abilities. We'll see plenty of challenges again.

Out of sheer curiousity: Do you consider literaly every conflict between Luffy and a Villain pre-timeskip as a failure done by someone not ready for the Grand Line?
    This is essentially what is great about Luffy's victories. He uses his creativity in the middle of his fights to win out against his opponents under overwhelming odds.

But here is the thing: Have you considered that Oda wants you to think precisely that?
    Now you're just being devil's advocate because you're out of points.
    WARNING (Explicit Dialog)!!

Yes, Luffy is new to haki. However, he has the basic skills mastered. Enough skills to be creative and pull off a victory. Similar to how Luffy had basic fighting technique mastered when he encountered crocodile. It seems to me you're missing the entire point and idea of being ready for the New World. It's not that Luffy is not SSJ100 and will just blow his opponents and they will fall over. It's that Luffy now has the necessary tools to get around any strange oddity with DF or other abilities. We'll see plenty of challenges again.
    ... I seem to recall he lost to Crocodile. Twice.

This is essentially what is great about Luffy's victories. He uses his creativity in the middle of his fights to win out against his opponents under overwhelming odds.
    So wait, you consider it great, but would consider development of the same kind here to be bad...? I don't get you.

Now you're just being devil's advocate because you're out of points.
    Not really.

So the only pirates that matters are Yonkou now?

Luffy learned the basics of Haki in year and half, and then trained in it for another half year. That, in you opinion, makes him equal to everyone except Yonkou and Admirals?

This is not Hody Jones we are talking about here, it's Doflamingo. The highest pre-timeskip bounty among Shichibukai. A New World veteran.

Then I suppose we are to consider him someone like Wapol of the New World?
    Luffy is perfectly capable of having an incredibly difficult fight against Doula Mongo and still come out on top.

It doesn't have to be only between "curbstomp enemy" or "get curbstomped by enemy".

I don't think Oda has ever tricked his readers like that. That's not really his style.

If Luffy was really set to lose, Oda would not have dedicated entire pages for characters explaining their reasoning about why they believe Luffy can do it (Robin, Usopp, Viola, Riku, Fuji, etc...) and he would've made them more doubtful about his win instead of being so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zacho View Post
    16 chars of Pell?
    It's almost unbelievable what chars can survive in OP.

But I still don't get what kind of bullets Doffy shot at Law. Can someone enlighten me? Have they been made of Kaeroseki or just random "normal" bullets. If it is the latter, why did Law even mention it?

On the shichibukai-discussion: I guess the System of the Royal Shichibukai isn't that old. The WG maybe established 'em after Roger's death to deal with all the pirates who were "called by Roger".
    Now there are at least 2 examples of countries who suffered from a Warlord's Actions. And both are countries which were once run by the "creators of this world". If the Shichis really get disposed, Ican just think:"Poor Buggy, now that he made a name of him and got elected and protected by the WG, he now loses this protection. Now he is real fodder if he is in the NW.

Sure, Luffy declared war on BigMom, BUT right now there is no one in Team Sanji who could make their Situation worse (like Luffy or Zoro who always love to pick a fight just for the sake of fighting). With Sanji and Nami there are 2 smart ones in the team who also can use their heads in special situations. And Chopper and Brook as well as Momo are cowards who would never pick a fight with an Emperor's pirates.
    Yeah sure, they might not pick a fight, but they are part of SHs which already picked up a fight ... so yeah :P

... I seem to recall he lost to Crocodile. Twice.
    Call it whatever you want, and paint it however you want. Debating semantics is silly.
    If Luffy loses to Doflamingo 10x before Dressrosa is over, and wins the 11th time. Guess what, that's all that matters.

So wait, you consider it great, but would consider development of the same kind here to be bad...? I don't get you.
    I'm not sure what point you're missing. Luffy IS the underdog. His creativity stems from his lack of experience.

Let's make this more simple because the specifics are up to Oda.
    Q: when you say you want Luffy to lose? Do you mean, you expect an intermittent lose following by a victory?
    Or a complete lose where some other circumstance deals with Doflamingo and the bird cage?

Luffy is perfectly capable of having an incredibly difficult fight against Doula Mongo and still come out on top.

It doesn't have to be only between "curbstomp enemy" or "get curbstomped by enemy".
    Then why him being defeat, while still dealing damage to Doffy is out of the question for you? Really now? Simply being defeated is not the same as being curbstomped.

I don't think Oda has ever tricked his readers like that. That's not really his style.

If Luffy was really set to lose, Oda would not have dedicated entire pages for characters explaining their reasoning about why they believe Luffy can do it (Robin, Usopp, Viola, Riku, Fuji, etc...) and he would've made them more doubtful about his win instead of being so sure.
    Ace.

Also, who says Oda can't use a new trick, one that is a known one?

It would come off as a shock to you, precisely because of all those pages of people believing in him.

Call it whatever you want, and paint it however you want. Debating semantics is silly.
    If Luffy loses to Doflamingo 10x before Dressrosa is over, and wins the 11th time. Guess what, that's all that matters.

I'm not sure what point you're missing. Luffy IS the underdog. His creativity stems from his lack of experience.

Let's make this more simple because the specifics are up to Oda.
    Q: when you say you want Luffy to lose? Do you mean, you expect an intermittent lose following by a victory?
    Or a complete lose where some other circumstance deals with Doflamingo and the bird cage?
    Option A) An intermittent lose followed by a victory.

Were you thinking otherwise?

I most certainly was, and I'm very much convinced that you purposefully made your points to imply as such... which I think is borderline trollish behavior

Either way... I'm personally not convinced they'll be an intermittent lose. However, Law still has to be removed from the equation, and it's possible that whatever scenario takes place could be perceived as a lose.

I most certainly was, and I'm very much convinced that you purposefully made your points to imply as such... which I think is borderline trollish behavior
    ... You consider me saying that I expect a similar situation to Alabasta to be that...?

Anyway, I'm sorry if I mislead you.
    Either way... I'm personally not convinced they'll be an intermittent lose. However, Law still has to be removed from the equation, and it's possible that whatever scenario takes place could be perceived as a lose.
    I'm not totaly conviced either. It just think it would be a lot more interesting development for everyone involved.

Then why him being defeat, while still dealing damage to Doffy is out of the question for you? Really now? Simply being defeated is not the same as being curbstomped.

Ace.

Also, who says Oda can't use a new trick, one that is a known one?

It would come off as a shock to you, precisely because of all those pages of people believing in him.

Well, in the end, Luffy would win, so Fuji and the others would be proven right anyway.

I think Law might very well become the scapegoat for Luffy's temporary loss.

We all know the Luffy will beat Doflamingo at some point or another that's a given. My question is whether you think there will be any significant casualties along the way to Luffy's victory? Such as Law or any character that was introduced during this arc

No there is not. He is placing himself in the situation where no matter what, he is going to look like a incompetent idiot.

What do Shichibukai get from the goverment: Protection from Marines and other goverment forces. The only way WG is going to hurt them when revoking their statuses is taking away that protection.

Now, why would they do that when every piece of empirical evidence shows them their forces are incapable of dealing with said Shichibukai, even if they were to dissolve them?

Because let's be honest, this is the biggest military operation WG has done since War, and Fujitora singlehandedly turned into complete failure thus far. That is a massive shot against credibility of both Marines as a whole and Fujitora in particular.
    He won't look incompetent since he can use Sabo as an excuse. And I consider what he is doing as a moral stand rather part of his plan to take the shichibukai down.

I don't see why they would want to lose the shichibukai now. But if they do want with how that many individuals that can wreck their forces bar admirals, I doubt 5 more will change that much to them. It's not like they are targeting the government.

Meh. Sabo manhandle the whole force bare Fuji. They sucked either way. At least he is caple of facing the revolutionary number 2. Consider the strength of the individual marines it's already a decent bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenHawkings View Post
    We all know the Luffy will beat Doflamingo at some point or another that's a given. My question is whether you think there will be any significant casualties along the way to Luffy's victory? Such as Law or any character that was introduced during this arc
    By casualties do you mean deaths?

... You consider me saying that I expect a similar situation to Alabasta to be that...?

Anyway, I'm sorry if I mislead you.
    Of course not hence the use of the ninja smiley.
    But I still think you purposefully omitted that you were just implying there be an intermittent lose for Luffy to prove a point...

I'm not totally convinced either. It just think it would be a lot more interesting development for everyone involved.
    But even here... I'm not really convinced this is development as much as short-term shock value... Unless you mean development for Dof in showing that he's really a force to be reckoned with, and that's understandable.

By the way I just found this and??? I don't know???
    Probably just a fan interpretation but I thought I should share it either way and spoiler tag it JUUUUUUST in case???
    Just so I can't get yelled at if it IS legit, and if it isn't then hey ho
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by zachri View Post
    Probably just a fan interpretation but I thought I should share it either way and spoiler tag it JUUUUUUST in case???
    He looks like a fucking panda with the eyes of his Jolly Roger in the back, lol.

"Looks fake" - Captain Obvious

But even here... I'm not really convinced this is development as much as short-term shock value... Unless you mean development for Dof in showing that he's really a force to be reckoned with, and that's understandable.
    That's one, plus there are story possibilities for everyone involved, especially King Riku and Fujitora, considering their placing, as well as perhaps more interactions between Doffy and Luffy to build their confrontation more.

And yes, a sense of danger would be nice, I miss it slightly.

That's one, plus there are story possibilities for everyone involved, especially King Riku and Fujitora, considering their placing, as well as perhaps more interactions between Doffy and Luffy to build their confrontation more.

And yes, a sense of danger would be nice, I miss it slightly.
    Fair enough. I'm not sure why you miss the sense of danger when you're purporting that Luffy is about to have a lose
    Other than the overall plot point that Luffy has to win, Doflamingo has the upperhand in all encounters so far. So there is quite the sense of danger from my p.o.v.

Quote Originally Posted by zachri View Post
    That's looks dope, but he needs to stop using eyeliners

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information