+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 757: The Trump Card

Default Re: Chapter 757: The Trump Card

Diamante, and to a lesser extent Burgess, kinda got overshadowed in the ring, yeah. I almost wonder if Sabo was a last-minute addition to the arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamburger Time View Post
    Diamante, and to a lesser extent Burgess, kinda got overshadowed in the ring, yeah. I almost wonder if Sabo was a last-minute addition to the arc.
    You think Sabo was a last-minute addition to the arc when the prize up for grabs was Ace's Flame Logia fruit...

Just seems highly unlikely IMO.
    WARNING (Explicit Dialog)!!

Not to mention Hack was there from the start.

I'd imagine these fights will go on for a while, in any case. They need to get someone over to take care of Sugar, and Dellinger, Machvise, and (if he has any) Lao g still need their powers explained.

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    And sadly, can't get over how terrible Rebecca was written. For Christ's sake lady, the whole fuckin country is fighting. You've been doing it for years, to free them from Dofla, and when puss comes to shove you run away like a coward? Fuck you, Becca. I had tons of respect for this lady, goddammit!

She doesn't look like she's very willing to fight though. Did you think with that scared shitless face that she's about to wreck Diamate? lol I don't get why people hate Rebecca when she was clearly not about to fight.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    I'm one of those who thinks Rebecca is being set up for a mini-redemption here. A scenario where Kyros gets beaten down or is about to be killed by Diamante could trigger Reb's own innate aggression (she is the daughter of Kyros after all and he did lose his temper and killed someone in the past). It will possibly be a one time deal too.

as for the rest, great chapter (finally can say that about an OP chapter in a while)
    Kyros has this.

Rebecca can keep crying

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Did Sabo say "Oh yea, this is what im talking about" in referencr to his DF.

That was pretty badass then.

Quote Originally Posted by Gore View Post

Eh ? I think it was pretty lame. But it was only in mangapanda's translation anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Gore View Post

I think he meant Fujitora finally getting serious.

I Like Video Game Music hosemisnuba's Avatar

One question and one question only: where the fucking fuck is Burgess?

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Not to mention Hack was there from the start.
    That makes you wonder where the hell was Sabo for first 30 chapters of this arc...

I remember Oda saying at the end of Punk Hazard that a "big name" will make a move in 2013... year later he said that "things changed", he hasn't shown yet and it's gonna be 2014.

So I think Sabo was supposed to appear earlier, at the beginning of the arc, but there was too many characters and his presence wasn't needed that early so Oda saved him for later.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by freedom View Post
    You think Sabo was a last-minute addition to the arc when the prize up for grabs was Ace's Flame Logia fruit...

Just seems highly unlikely IMO.
    Sabo's existence already looks last-minute-character.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth View Post
    No, meteor would.

Or for that matter, if I recall correctly, sufficient amount of blunt force is fully capable of hurting him. Like dials. Or Lucci's Rokuogan.

Not to mention that the logic "Can't be curbstomped by one blow = fully capable of fighting and winning" is stupid.
    Internal damage work not blunt force.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by RODY View Post
    We have seen GENERAL FRANKY manhandle 2 executives but now he is struggling with señor pink and Lao G fighting chinjao whilst Sai is fighting - the beaten- baby5 so according to http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/File:..._Hierarchy.png and the fact that gladius seems faaar stronger than baby5 and buffalo and with suger being the focus point of the tremolo army we could say that after the higher executives, the first officers are the most powerful land important ones( laoG ,gladius and sugar).

This chapter further supports the fact that fujitora didn't just come out of thin air but he found or was given the " gravity sword" and that would be a good explanation to why he wasn't preset in the marine ford war
    He is tired from facing 1 then 2 then 3 exceutives and a crapload of Marines.

So, from the big group that was going after Doula Mongo, only luffy and law remain. Gladiators hold in place by executives, cavendish by toys, kyros by diamante. Either trebol shows up and holds law in place and only luffy goes after DD, or it's a team up boss fight.

Still, I think a bunch of toys and gladius are too little for cavendish and Hakuba, barto, robin. And it's doesn't look like the gladiators are going down so the other executives cold help gladius.

Bartolomeo's weakness is not much of a weakness. Expected something that can break his shields, not just a limit on the shields.

Wonder what's up with jimbei's cover story. How does it fit the main story? Is Big Mom behind what's going on there?

Quote Originally Posted by RamistaR View Post
    Eh ? I think it was pretty lame. But it was only in mangapanda's translation anyway.
    Thats a shame. Stream can be wierd sometimes too but it woulda been badass.

Might add, Sabo is maybe equal ir only just under Fujitora. They're both complimenting each other. They need more screen time.

I'm fearing more and more that Cavendish won't get to face Trebol. But I agree with Caven that he should take care of the horse or at least avenge it. At least Robin seems to be really getting her fight wich is good.

Funny how the dialogue between Sabo and Fuji reminded me of the debates that's been going on about their fight. Pleaseantly surprise to see Unscratched-Fujitora tell he wasn't serious while facing a bruised and panting Sabo. And that attack was the first attack I could picture coming from an admiral. So good job on finally impressing me, Fuji. And I like Sabo comments about not discriminating.

Law is finally free( maybe he gets Trebol). Kyros is cool( like is slash without hesitation philosophy). Rebecca sucks( I dindn't expect much but I sure didn't expect running away).

Where's Usopp?

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Sabo's existence already looks last-minute-character.
    Can't tell if you're being funny or not, especially with a Sabo signature...
    WARNING (Explicit Dialog)!!

Fujitora is beast so is a Sabo but I keep wondering how strong Green Bull is.

My Team Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by hosemisnuba View Post
    One question and one question only: where the fucking fuck is Burgess?
    Where would he fit in all of this? There's just too much going on with Doula and Fujitora for one of BB's men to play a role in this arc.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by freedom View Post
    Can't tell if you're being funny or not, especially with a Sabo signature...
    His existence bugs the shit out of me since first mention at MarineFord, put in him in my sign as one of the strongest ones in the side of the good ones doesn't really makes me accept he was planned from the very beggining of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing View Post
    She doesn't look like she's very willing to fight though. Did you think with that scared shitless face that she's about to wreck Diamate? lol I don't get why people hate Rebecca when she was clearly not about to fight.
    She made it clear before that she doesn't like to fight, I can get (and totally understand) that. Not everyone is a fight monger like Zoro or Luffy. But she's been doing it all this time, she only needed one last push. Again, was she afraid of dying? Hell, she could've died a thousand times in the Colosseum before, yet she mustered up enough courage to try and take the Mera Mera by herself and dethrone Dofla on her own! That's actually closer to having a death wish than being afraid to die. And yet, as soon as she sees Diamante, she's so scared and/or tired of all the fighting (SERIOUSLY, NEED HELP WITH THE TRANSLATION IN THERE! HAAAAALP!) she can only run away and cry for her daddy's help? No, sorry, it makes not much sense.

Again, whoever expected Becca to wreck or even manage to stand against Diamante for more than 1 minute was fooling him/herself. But I DID expect her to at least try and slash her mother's killer instead of going "oh shit, the man who killed my mother, he's gonna do the same to me, I'm scared, I'm outta here!". That was honestly disgraceful, independently of her mindset or willingness to fight.

In fact, that was even an act of betrayal towards her fellow countrymen. Fuck, THEY're trying to do something on their own! Yes, something incredibly stupid and foolish (going after Dold's head), but they're trying to act cause they can't stand seeing their friends and family killing themselves right in front of them. Rebecca is at the frontlines, but as soon as her mission of "giving the key to Law and Luffy" finds a stone in her way (Diamante), she runs away? The little girl that tried to save the entire country on her own, now that has plenty of companions to help push her forward and give her strength, now of all times, this little girl crumbles and runs away in an act of sheer cowardice? When even your average Joe armed with a fucking broomstick is trying to help end this nightmare, putting their lives on the line, Rebecca of all people suddenly thinks "oh shit imma get killed I'm out BYE!"??????

No amount of explanations will make this right.
    Last edited by kouch_lee; August 20th, 2014 at 03:17 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information