Default Re: Steven Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Spoiler:
    How come Onion isn't aging?
    DO
    Spoiler:
    Eldritch Abominations age?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Also between Dr. West in "Nightmare Hospital" and the he's in the walls now, I wonder who on the Crew digs Lovecraft.

Spoiler:
    Man Steven hasn't found balance yet, either the acted as a 10 year old or acts now as 45 year old. Finally Steven Tag with Pearl. I guess that's a problem with being basically imortal you never mature enough and the grasp of time is always off.
    Amy is being great in every single episode.
    Mann that's the first time I found Lapis tolerable.

Spoiler:

Is the lack of animal protein in his diet.

3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

So...

Spoiler:
    There's gotta be more to SUF than that, right? I mean, episode 10 ended on such a random note and we didn't even get to see the giant worm thing or the diamond from the opening (though maybe the diamond was just a reflection of Steven's struggle to control his Pink Diamond powers?)

Maybe everything will be concluded in another special or a movie.

I thought these first ten episodes are just part of the season and we're having a midseason hiatus before the rest like Primal did.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Spoiler:
    Geez Steven, why all that angst? I'm starting to miss classic Steven. Lars is my spirit animal to new Steven.
    He could heal the psychological trauma of others but not of his own. To quote Sheev - "Ironic."
    Also, how the hell is Buck going to be a doctor?! "You got cancer but is all cool now. "

Ok Steven just went full Jack in the Shinning with his garden. What is the deal with Pink Diamonds and their gardens?
    I just hope Greg has enough money to pay to fix the house...again. And I reaaaaaally hope he can pay for Steven therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I thought these first ten episodes are just part of the season and we're having a midseason hiatus before the rest like Primal did.
    I thought I heard somewhere this would only be 10 episodes, but that very well could be the case.

Nah, were only getting these ten episodes in December.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    I thought I heard somewhere this would only be 10 episodes, but that very well could be the case.
    They said "first" 10 episodes somewhere along the way, so presumably there's another batch coming.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I was super patient and emphatic with young Steven, but I can’t stand him in these episodes.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    I was super patient and emphatic with young Steven, but I can’t stand him in these episodes.
    It's happening consistently enough I'm pretty sure that's the point and the theme of this whole finale.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Spoiler:
    I feel bad for Lars. He was kinda flippant about the whole dying thing. But he's probably stuck as an immortal young teenager now. At least he won't ever be fully alone since the gems don't age. But that probably makes relationships with humans complicated.

I like this season. All about the after stuff. So you saved the universe but you're still a teen and you have your whole future ahead of you, what do you do?

Has Steven ever gone to a real human school?

Spoiler:
    Wish we got more with the Off-Colors and good on Lars for not being a jerk anymore. All I really want now is a Lapis/Peridot fusion and to see Spinel again.

NNID: jervinnectar

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Has Steven ever gone to a real human school?
    No, at least in the show He told Connie in the original series that he never went to school, which I think led to him asking Pearl to homeschool him but she brought out the mirror that Lapis was trapped in as a teaching tool and since it wasn't working for her she cancelled the whole thing. Which made Steven take it as his "summer break". Human school never gets mentioned again aside from the Lars mindswap episode where we learn Lars gets failing grades on his report card and the Onion Friends episode where Steven realizes at the end that Onion's friends have to all split up for most of the year because school is about to start up in fall.

However, I googled this question online out of curiosity and found out that there is an official Steven Universe graphic novel exploring him going to Connie's middle school for a couple days before the principal forces him to drop out so that Connie wouldn't get suspended for inspiring the students to fight back against a Gem monster Steven brought into class for show and tell.

https://steven-universe.fandom.com/w...ool_for_School

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    Spoiler:
    good on Lars for not being a jerk anymore.
    Spoiler:
    I haven't been watching Future, but I thought he stopped being a jerk since during his adventure with Steven on Homeworld?

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    Spoiler:
    I haven't been watching Future, but I thought he stopped being a jerk since during his adventure with Steven on Homeworld?
    Spoiler:
    Maybe so, but it's nice seeing it stick and him maturing because of it.

NNID: jervinnectar

That "twoing" sound effect when she flicks Pearl's noise kills me every time.
    Complicating things since 2009.

That is WAY more frames than animatics usually get. That's practically rough animation. Someone put in WORK on that thing.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information