+ Reply to Thread
Page 248 of 501 FirstFirst ... 148 198 238 246 247 248 249 250 258 298 348 ... LastLast
Results 4,941 to 4,960 of 10003

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion III (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

  1. #4941

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion III (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by firecrouch View Post
    You have to realize that not every "One Piece" wants to or can afford to buy the DVDs. Some people rather just watch the show as opposed to "owning it". I think it's only fair.
    And I think this is a terrible decision for Funimation to put the people who don't support OP with their money over those who purchase the DVDs. They should be focused on pleasing the people who are giving them money to pick up more OP by pursuing DVD rights, not delaying releases (i.e. ticking off their paying DVD customers) to grab digital rights that they never had before and were obviously doing fine without. I really hope that Funimation already has the DVD rights and the episodes dubbed, and are just waiting on digital to announce both together. Because I really see no merit in having a potential break.

  2. #4942

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion III (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by gyarados View Post
    And I think this is a terrible decision for Funimation to put the people who don't support OP with their money over those who purchase the DVDs. They should be focused on pleasing the people who are giving them money to pick up more OP by pursuing DVD rights, not delaying releases (i.e. ticking off their paying DVD customers) to grab digital rights that they never had before and were obviously doing fine without. I really hope that Funimation already has the DVD rights and the episodes dubbed, and are just waiting on digital to announce both together. Because I really see no merit in having a potential break.
    I think the rights they were looking to get were rights to SELL episodes on PS4, Xbox One, etc.

  3. #4943
    Discovered Stowaway Elan_Morin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Oregon

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion III (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    What I say in this post is based what I've read in this thread, so I may have missed something specific in the podcast that could refute what I say here.

    But I was partly correct. Season six got a confirmation at least,.if not an official announcement.

    And regarding this talk of a break, as others have indicated, I also don't believe that this means a break in the release is likely. Don't forget, a first release for season six is still a minimum of five to six months away....plenty of time to get the digital rights and still release during the summer.

  4. #4944

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion III (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Nakama is confirmed to be on the final print of Season 5 Voyage 4's box.

  5. #4945

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion III (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Elan_Morin View Post
    What I say in this post is based what I've read in this thread, so I may have missed something specific in the podcast that could refute what I say here.

    But I was partly correct. Season six got a confirmation at least,.if not an official announcement.

    And regarding this talk of a break, as others have indicated, I also don't believe that this means a break in the release is likely. Don't forget, a first release for season six is still a minimum of five to six months away....plenty of time to get the digital rights and still release during the summer.
    If they haven't started dubbing yet, there probably will be a break. Dubbing, prep, special features, new season box design, hopefully a new dvd design, etc. There isn't enough time unless Toei has already let them start dubbing. I definitely don't want a break. They should've asked that...

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Maron View Post
    Nakama is confirmed to be on the final print of Season 5 Voyage 4's box.
    Yeah, they kind of set him straight on the belief that everyone likes its use. He thought he was doing something more or less normal.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    He said something about an announcement this week; usually their announcements come with premiere dates- we'll know soon.

  6. #4946

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion III (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    We'll find out this week when the official announcement comes out a tentative release more than likely.

  7. #4947
    I invented sitting firecrouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    San Francisco, CA

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion III (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by gyarados View Post
    And I think this is a terrible decision for Funimation to put the people who don't support OP with their money over those who purchase the DVDs. They should be focused on pleasing the people who are giving them money to pick up more OP by pursuing DVD rights, not delaying releases (i.e. ticking off their paying DVD customers) to grab digital rights that they never had before and were obviously doing fine without. I really hope that Funimation already has the DVD rights and the episodes dubbed, and are just waiting on digital to announce both together. Because I really see no merit in having a potential break.
    So basically you're saying they should prioritize one group over the other, as if only the DVD purchasers are the only relevant group of fans.

    That's kind of selfish if you ask me. FUNimation gives fans the option of supporting the show without necessarily buying DVDs, like with the fact it's on TV as well mutliple official streaming sites with ad support. It's not as if they're caring more about the people that watch it digitally over those that pay for DVDs, rather it sounds they're tryingt to make it as accessible as possible. And as Zephray pointed out, digital rights could still mean purchasing episodes.

  8. #4948

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion III (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by firecrouch View Post
    So basically you're saying they should prioritize one group over the other, as if only the DVD purchasers are the only relevant group of fans.

    That's kind of selfish if you ask me. FUNimation gives fans the option of supporting the show without necessarily buying DVDs, like with the fact it's on TV as well mutliple official streaming sites with ad support. It's not as if they're caring more about the people that watch it digitally over those that pay for DVDs, rather it sounds they're tryingt to make it as accessible as possible. And as Zephray pointed out, digital rights could still mean purchasing episodes.
    I think what s/he meant is that Funimation, as a company, should focus on appeasing their paying customers before their free 'customers'. S/he didn't realize the rights they were talking about were for pay, not freebies. Be nice, firecrouch; you're too critical of people.

  9. #4949

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion III (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by firecrouch View Post
    So basically you're saying they should prioritize one group over the other, as if only the DVD purchasers are the only relevant group of fans.

    That's kind of selfish if you ask me. FUNimation gives fans the option of supporting the show without necessarily buying DVDs, like with the fact it's on TV as well mutliple official streaming sites with ad support. It's not as if they're caring more about the people that watch it digitally over those that pay for DVDs, rather it sounds they're tryingt to make it as accessible as possible. And as Zephray pointed out, digital rights could still mean purchasing episodes.
    They should prioritize getting the episodes out for people who have been supporting the show (by purchasing it!), yes. Digital rights are something they can always go back to later on. I don't have a problem with the idea of pursuing digital rights - it is the idea of them halting the DVD releases (if this ends up being the case) and causing an in convenience for people who have been financially supporting the show. I have no problem with them trying to cater to others who want digital rights, as long as it doesn't affect what should be the priority - DVD releases. If it ends up being that they already had the DVD rights and have been dubbing the episodes but are holding out on announcing it until they get digital rights, then I have no issues; however, if the dubbing hasn't started because of this digital holdup, then I think Funimation is making a dumb decision.

  10. #4950

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion III (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by firecrouch View Post
    You have to realize that not every "One Piece" wants to or can afford to buy the DVDs. Some people rather just watch the show as opposed to "owning it". I think it's only fair.

    Also about the movies, definitely "Film Z" is the next best thing, but personally as for the previous films go I'd like to see them get in chronological order.
    I understand that. I just don't like that the digital rights had to make the acquisition take longer (especially when I don't like digital media from the get-go). I also understand the whole "they can't afford it atm" (which has happened to me quite often) or the "rather watch than buy" (which is me w/ some live action TV shows), but I stick by my opinion. Yes, it probably is better to have them both at once from a business standpoint, but it's a moot issue (for me) when a consumer ONLY wants the physical copy. Again, it's not that big a deal for me. I'm occupied w/ keeping up w/ a bunch of different series, so I can wait as long as I need to for more OP. I was just giving my thoughts on the digital rights negotiations holding up Season 6.

    As for the movies, hell yes that they might go after Movie 6 as one of the first ones after Z! Movie 6 will always be my fav. Film Z is good and a step up from SW, but it still doesn't hold a candle to Movie 6 imo.
    Youtube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/devilkicksanji2

    Creator of: Green Green Abridged and DearS Abridged
    Writer and Co-Creator of: Angel Beats! Insanity

  11. #4951
    I invented sitting firecrouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    San Francisco, CA

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion III (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    I think what s/he meant is that Funimation, as a company, should focus on appeasing their paying customers before their free 'customers'. S/he didn't realize the rights they were talking about were for pay, not freebies. Be nice, firecrouch; you're too critical of people.
    Yeah but my point was there's absolutely nothing wrong with trying to please the fans who don't necessarily purchase episodes, whether digitally or physically. Because you can't expect every fan of this super-long series, whether they watch illegal fansubs or watch on Hulu, to go out and buy it. Like I said, there are 'free' options that still support the series. The whole idea of prioritizing one group of fans over the other just so the show might come out faster is something that just doesn't sit well with me.

  12. #4952

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion III (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    And this Gyarados or whatever isnt critical of Funimation? YOU(Zephray) arent critical when you say Funi isnt putting their A Game into One Piece?

  13. #4953

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion III (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by firecrouch View Post
    Yeah but my point was there's absolutely nothing wrong with trying to please the fans who don't necessarily purchase episodes, whether digitally or physically. Because you can't expect every fan of this super-long series, whether they watch illegal fansubs or watch on Hulu, to go out and buy it. Like I said, there are 'free' options that still support the series. The whole idea of prioritizing one group of fans over the other just so the show might come out faster is something that just doesn't sit well with me.
    There is nothing wrong with trying to please fans who don't purchase episodes and financially support the show as long as it does not inconvenience paying customers. Whether it sits well with you or not, Funimation is a business. This means that fans who purchase the shows mean much more to them then fans who don't financially support the shows. So Funimation should not be trying to please fans who don't purchase the show if it means inconveniencing paying customers (by delaying the dubbed DVD releases).

  14. #4954
    Discovered Stowaway Dusty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Rainbows in the sky

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion III (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    To be fair we still have 3 more voyages to go before season 5 is done.

    We know Janurary is when part 5 comes out, Feburary doesn't have a release, so March will probably see part 6 end season 5 and then we'd see May as a potential release window for season 6. So half a year from now.

  15. #4955
    I invented sitting firecrouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    San Francisco, CA

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion III (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    So you have to wait a maybe a few months big deal. I don't see what this "inconvenience" is other than wanting the DVDs as fast as possible.

    Which to be fair, there's nothing wrong with. Just be patient

  16. #4956
    Impel Down Lv 5.5 Bitches DPNZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion III (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Awesome, Part 4 has now been Reserved for my order... Two One Piece releases in one month... Epic
    DPNZ - Now known as ShiningDiamond (Yes! That is a JoJo Reference!)
    To see all the Anime I have watched / dropped and planning to watch - https://myanimelist.net/animelist/ShiningDiamond

  17. #4957

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion III (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by firecrouch View Post
    So you have to wait a maybe a few months big deal. I don't see what this "inconvenience" is other than wanting the DVDs as fast as possible.

    Which to be fair, there's nothing wrong with. Just be patient
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome25 View Post
    And again... FUNi has other shows. You guys are MAD if you think FUNi can just crank out season after season with no type of break. It doesn't work that way.
    Although I wouldn't necessary enjoy it, I have nothing wrong with a break for a valid reason, whether it be focusing on the movies or more special features or casting or something. But for Funimation to be completely able to continue releases without major gaps, yet choosing to go after digital rights and making the paying customers wait is just dumb and doesn't make sense. I will reiterate: I have no problem with a potential break for valid reasons; I have a problem with this specific reasoning that would lead to a break. It's bad enough how far behind we are, and to slow down catching up for such a stupid reason?

  18. #4958
    I invented sitting firecrouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    San Francisco, CA

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion III (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by gyarados View Post
    Although I wouldn't necessary enjoy it, I have nothing wrong with a break for a valid reason, whether it be focusing on the movies or more special features or casting or something. But for Funimation to be completely able to continue releases without major gaps, yet choosing to go after digital rights and making the paying customers wait is just dumb and doesn't make sense. I will reiterate: I have no problem with a potential break for valid reasons; I have a problem with this specific reasoning that would lead to a break. It's bad enough how far behind we are, and to slow down catching up for such a stupid reason?
    Have you ever thought that maybe people that just like to watch the stream or buy DVDs later on might find your strategy "inconvienent" as well?

    Look, people that buy the DVDs aren't any more important than people that don't buy them right on release. We're all fans, and it's great that FUNimation is giving us many options to watch "One Piece". We're all still supporting the show, and there's enough fans buying the DVDs that a simple "delay" isn't going to hurt their business.

    FUNimation has a valid reason if they're just trying to get all the rights at once. I hate to say it, but you just sound like you're coming from a place of impatience.

  19. #4959

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion III (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    So you'd be okay with them delaying it to work on something like special features on a set, but you're not okay with them (possibly) delaying it to ensure more people can easily purchase and access the episodes through more media? How is that reason any less valid? In the end the whole thing is about exposure to as many as possible.

  20. #4960

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion III (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by DPNZ View Post
    Awesome, Part 4 has now been Reserved for my order... Two One Piece releases in one month... Epic
    Mine is also!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts