+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Bayonetta 2

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Default Bayonetta 2

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/09/13...i-u-exclusive/

Most of us just watched the announcement on the Wii U conference and saw this curve ball that is Bayonetta 2 Wii U exclusive.
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Default Re: Bayonetta 2

So does anyone want to buy a Wii U?
    I'm gonna buy a Wii U?
    I'm probably gonna buy ten Wii U's?
    Doesn't Wii U look like a gorgeous console?
    It's gonna be better than the PS4000 and the XBOX720^2 COMBINED!
    NINTENDO! TAKE ME! MAKE LOVE TO ME!

......So yeah, I really wanted Bayonetta 2. Like...now.

The colors in the logo (Blue & Yellow) are the same as the ones on the Wii U boxes.

Anyway, this was a really unexpected announcement. I've been hoping for a sequel, but with SEGA downsizing I was worried it'd never come. Thank God for Nintendo.

Anway from Kellie on the SEGA forums:
    I see there's some confusion, so let me clarify! Bayonetta 2 is being developed by Platinum Games and published by Nintendo. SEGA is working with both as an advisor to the project.
    http://forums.sega.com/showthread.ph...=1#post7551115

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

I'm not surprised because of Anarchy Reigns is apparently popular. (which I'm waiting for with pins and needles)

I'm looking forward to it all the same though.
    if you want to check out my game progress: http://soggybreadgm.tumblr.com/

Don't want to come off as a Wii U hater but... this is fucking stupid. This should be multiplatform. If it wasn't for the support the first game got on PS3/360 there wouldn't be a sequel. This is a major slap across the face of the fanbase. "Hey, thanks for giving us money and loving Bayonetta. You want the sequel? That'll be $360, thanks!"

Dammit, Platinum Games, you guys WERE flawless. On the bonus side hey, a reason to get a WiiU, but an insanely cheap and wrong reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    Don't want to come off as a Wii U hater but... this is fucking stupid. This should be multiplatform. If it wasn't for the support the first game got on PS3/360 there wouldn't be a sequel. This is a major slap across the face of the fanbase. "Hey, thanks for giving us money and loving Bayonetta. You want the sequel? That'll be $360, thanks!"

Dammit, Platinum Games, you guys WERE flawless. On the bonus side hey, a reason to get a WiiU, but an insanely cheap and wrong reason.
    Actually, if it wasn't for Nintendo there wouldn't be a sequel.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

I'm honestly fine with this. I've been intending to buy a Wii U anyway, now I have an even bigger reason to do so.

Like Marcello said, Bayonetta 2 was already cancelled for whatever reason. If Nintendo hadn't have picked it up and funded it there wouldn't have been a sequel at all. Exclusives in this vein kind of annoy me as well but I'd say Nintendo is well within reason to have this as an exclusive since if it wasn't for them it wouldn't have existed in the first place.

With the news of Bayonetta 2, there is now a grand total of TWO games on the Wii U worth interest, the other being The Wonderful 101.

Good news: Hell yes a sequel to a great game(one of my fav from this gen), developed by Platinum Games themselves. I was very excited when I heard about the game earlier.

Bad news: It's on the Wii U. The people who played Bayonetta are largely PS3/360/PC people. This is likely not gonna sell well. Not many people are gonna buy a Wii U for this game, including myself. 1-2 games does not make a disappointing console any better. Sadly, since it's being published by Nintendo, it's doubtful it will be ported to a better console.

so it's like, gee thanks
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

>Game's not going to sell well.
    >Sold amazingly in Japan.
    >Japan's gonna buy like fifty bajillion Wii Us cause it's Japan.
    >Like Bayonetta 2 won't get a 360/PS3 port at all. Cause Resident Evil 4 stayed on the Gamecube forever, right?

Sorry, I'll stop using meme arrows/green text.

However, I love this game of, "IT'S BEING RELEASED ON A BAD/DISAPPOINTING CONSOLE". Do you have the console?

'Nobody will buy this one because everyone who played it was on the 360/PS3 (and none of them obviously owned a Wii. Guess that was just me)'

Seriously Nintendo/Sega/Platinum You need to double boot these guys in the crotch and announce a port of the first one for like 10 or something. Would be so hilarious
    Oh hey, I do videos on figures and manga and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/thatmanhismerch

Do I want to buy a Wii U just for this game? No.

Will I do it nonetheless? Sadly... yes. '_'

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    Like Marcello said, Bayonetta 2 was already cancelled for whatever reason.
    Isn't there a decent chance that reason was "hey, exclusivity contract"? Not trying to be snarky, but wouldn't that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post
    >Like Bayonetta 2 won't get a 360/PS3 port at all. Cause Resident Evil 4 stayed on the Gamecube forever, right?

However, I love this game of, "IT'S BEING RELEASED ON A BAD/DISAPPOINTING CONSOLE". Do you have the console?
    Yeah, in Japan. Japan ain't the whole world. And the difference with a port in this case is that it's being published by Nintendo. If this game gets ported, it'd be a well-wanted miracle.

And it's Nintendo. They don't know how to do console gaming anymore, hence why the Wii U is expected to be mediocre at best by non-Nintendo fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-Robin View Post
    'Nobody will buy this one because everyone who played it was on the 360/PS3 (and none of them obviously owned a Wii. Guess that was just me)'

Seriously Nintendo/Sega/Platinum You need to double boot these guys in the crotch and announce a port of the first one for like 10 or something. Would be so hilarious
    Love to rephrase, eh? I've already been talking around on many gaming forums and most people are saying that they won't be getting this, some cause they flat out don't care about the Wii U. The people in support of this are a minority.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

Welp. Say bye to the Bayonetta series or hope that it gets ported. Don't know what I can tell ya.

I've got plenty of reasons to buy the Wii U, and Bayonetta 2 is just one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    Yeah, in Japan. Japan ain't the whole world. And the difference with a port in this case is that it's being published by Nintendo. If this game gets ported, it'd be a well-wanted miracle.

And it's Nintendo. They don't know how to do console gaming anymore, hence why the Wii U is expected to be mediocre at best by non-Nintendo fanboys.

Love to rephrase, eh? I've already been talking around on many gaming forums and most people are saying that they won't be getting this, some cause they flat out don't care about the Wii U. The people in support of this are a minority.
    Then go complain at Sony and Microsoft for not picking it up earlier? I honestly don't see the problem with this. At least Nintendo's trying not to let the series just die. They noted that it had some fandom and are tying to monopolise on that. Giving the people what they want. Really. If you don't want to buy a Wii U then nothing has changed for you. You weren't gonna get the game anyway.
    Oh hey, I do videos on figures and manga and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/thatmanhismerch

Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post

RE4, while initially a Gamecube exclusive, was still published by Capcom so they could do what they want. Resident Evil REmake and RE Zero however were published by Nintendo, which is why they,ve never been on anything but Gamecube and Wii.

Apparently Hideki Kamiya snuck into Sakurai's workplace, or vice-versa, not too long ago. It was dismissed as a wacky prank that those nips will get up to from time to time.

but what if?

what if they were talking about Bayonetta on the WiiU? Published by Nintendo? Which makes her eligible for inclusion in SSB4? WHAT IF??

RE4, while initially a Gamecube exclusive, was still published by Capcom so they could do what they want. Resident Evil REmake and RE Zero however were published by Nintendo, which is why they,ve never been on anything but Gamecube and Wii.
    Oh. Really? Oh well.

Either way, it was either that or the game doesn't come out for another 2-3 years.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    Anarchy Reigns is being deemed as 'massively successful' and it hasn't even reached NA shores.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information