+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 142 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 2831

Thread: The Viz Media Thread

Default Re: The Viz Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by shadyagent View Post
    Definetly not! It may be the resolution of your tablet/ipad, whatever. Here a sample of extracted raw image files for comparison:
    ESJ:

One Piece 72

Soma itunes HQ

Soma viz app

Don't forget to open each image in a new tab
    Yeah I guess that was my iPad's resolution. BTW thank you for letting me know about the better quality on iBooks. I guess I'll buy my manga on there from now on. I didn't even have to put two pictures side by side to notice how better it looks on iBooks.

Just got both box sets in the mail a few days ago and they're great. What's the likelihood that a third box set will be released next year, considering how many of those volumes are probably still in their first or second printing?

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Just got both box sets in the mail a few days ago and they're great. What's the likelihood that a third box set will be released next year, considering how many of those volumes are probably still in their first or second printing?
    Well, I just hope that the boxes sell well enough so they'll just have to consider bringing out a third box =D
    Will get the second box next year, I hope.

Just noticed that Viz has a sale on Digital Volumes of OP if anyone is interested. I'm a bit tempted myself to collect it.
    Vol 1 - 11 (East Blue Saga) for $44.
    WARNING (Explicit Dialog)!!

Quote Originally Posted by freedom View Post
    Just noticed that Viz has a sale on Digital Volumes of OP if anyone is interested. I'm a bit tempted myself to collect it.
    That's a steal and I don't even need it.

Hey does anyone know if Volume 0 was ever released in physical form?
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
    That's a steal and I don't even need it.

Hey does anyone know if Volume 0 was ever released in physical form?
    Not all of the volume, but chapter 0 is a bonus with box set 2. There's also a short One Piece quiz included.

Quote Originally Posted by hoho View Post
    Not all of the volume, but chapter 0 is a bonus with box set 2. There's also a short One Piece quiz included.
    Oh that's what it was. Hmmm now I gotta think how I'm going to deal with that.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

Just fyi, Amazon has marked down both box sets to $92. They price matched a one day sale from Barnes & Noble on FMA, Bakuman, One Piece, and other box sets from earlier in the week. They've kept the sale price up .... so if you're interested, now may be a good time. They're eligible for Amazon Prime as well.

I'm still annoyed there's no way to get a copy of Strong World for people who already bought the volumes. I don't know if you have any influence, but would it be possible to bring this concern to someone's attention Stephen? Could Chapter 0 be inserted into a random volume? Maybe put together a volume of the special OP chapters like Cross Epoch, Strong World, and Romance Dawn? Some compensation should be made for the people who already bought the volumes. Without the people who already supported the series, it wouldn't have been financially viable to release these box sets in the first place. It sends the message that perhaps we should all wait for the box sets.
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

"ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

Damn it, in Germany they haven't reduced the price =(

And I already bought The Breaker, so getting the 2nd Box for only €30 less isn't that feasible right now (I'd have to pay for International Shipping :/). Hopefully the German Amazon also reduces the price considerably at some point...

Quote Originally Posted by freedom View Post
    Oh man, this is hard to pass up. Along with Naruto through invasion arc for $64 and half of Shaman King for $60

Just took the plunge and bought a year-long membership for WSJ. For the sake of not letting the internet spoil me I'm going to still read through scanlations, but I'm definitely going to prefer having Stephen's clearer translations to read through on a weekly basis now. I'm a big enough One Piece fan that I'm willing to fork over $25 for a year's worth of new chapters and nothing else anyway. And maybe now I can attempt to get into some new stuff now that I have a whole magazine to look through.
    Last edited by King of Calzones; December 16th, 2014 at 01:41 PM.

I "bit the bullet" as they say the day after I saw the sale. Couldn't resist.
    WARNING (Explicit Dialog)!!

The plastic cover on the corner of one of my volumes somehow peeled away, and it was driving me crazy, so with no obvious way to fix it, I ended up removing the whole thing. Still looks fine, if a bit less glossy.

Where did the name "Viz" come from?

So is the Viz release the same chapter as the Japanese?

Quote Originally Posted by Supernova View Post
    So is the Viz release the same chapter as the Japanese?
    same chapter, same day.

Do my internet searching skills suck, or hasn't Viz released any of the Data Books?

I can find them in German, not in English though. Although I don't know if I should get them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonX View Post
    Do my internet searching skills suck, or hasn't Viz released any of the Data Books?

I can find them in German, not in English though. Although I don't know if I should get them at all.
    Viz has not released any of the databooks (but has released the first 2 Color Walks).

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Okay, thanks. So if I'll decide to get the data books, I'll just get them in German. Or are there any hints/chances Viz will publish those in English in the coming years? (since I'm buying the manga in English it would be nice to also have the Data Books in the same language :P).

So, today I was browsing through Barnes & Noble for a travel guide and ended up seeing that they had Vol. 73 out early. Just a heads-up if anyone else wants to investigate.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information