+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Duke Nukem Forever!!

Default Duke Nukem Forever!!

Default Re: Duke Nukem Forever!!

full of win. :) ! ! ! ! !

Wikipedia: Providing indisputable concrete facts since whenever.

it's really feking hot here, that's for sure

It's true, though. There is another thread.

due date: December 12, 2012

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    due date: December 12, 2012
    Would be awesome if true.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

Nah, that's set for Stalker 2.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...ease-date.aspx

Duke Nukem Forever has been in development for a little while. To give you a sense of just how much time has passed since it was first announced, Gran Turismo--a series known for its punctuality--saw releases 1-5 hit shelves in the intervening years. Skepticism turned to actual anticipation last September, when Gearbox unveiled Duke Nukem Forever in playable form at PAX. OK, so the game was really, really, real. A lingering question remained, however: When would we be able to finally take this thing home and play it?
    As it turns out, we now know when that's happening.
    "Somehow the guys at Game Informer magazine discovered Duke Nukem Forever's launch date before I did," joked Randy Pitchford, president of Gearbox Software and executive producer of Duke Nukem Forever. "But I cannot imagine any better video game news source team than Game Informer to reveal the moment of truth for the most inconceivable, incorrigible and inspiring turn around story in the history of the video game industry – the coming of Duke Nukem Forever on May 3, 2011."
    “The moment fans all over the world have been waiting for is almost here,” says Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. “May 3, 2011 marks Duke’s return as he unleashes his brash and brutally honest wit on the world. His return is going to be epic and one that will make video gaming history!”
    May 3 is the North American release date. May 6 is worldwide.

Sad thing is, the game is probably still gonna be mediocre. Then again, that's what the Duke games are. Hopefully all these "Oh snap, this game has been 10 years in the making!" people are well aware of that.

I spoke with John St. John at MAGFest last weekend, and also attended his panel. He seemed pumped about DNF and said that the voice work on it has been finished for months.

So I'm thinking of buying a videogame.

well, Gearbox did Borderlands, which was pretty awesome, so assuming they started from scratch and didn't use any of the latent material that had been gathering dust for 10 years...it could actually be a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    well, Gearbox did Borderlands, which was pretty awesome, so assuming they started from scratch and didn't use any of the latent material that had been gathering dust for 10 years...it could actually be a good game.
    That's true. Knowing that they got involved actually gives me high hopes for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    Sad thing is, the game is probably still gonna be mediocre. Then again, that's what the Duke games are. Hopefully all these "Oh snap, this game has been 10 years in the making!" people are well aware of that.
    See, the other thing is, I think so much time has passed that everyone who's actually old enough to know who or what Duke Nukem is probably:

a) realizes the danger of hyping long production cycles
    b) knows that the production of DNF has covered like, 4-5 completely different games (they haven't been working on the same build for 10 years)
    c) gave up on the game coming out and hasn't been salivating for it the way, say, Gran Turismo fans have been the last 5 years

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    About the only thing I expect to suck is the story considering the Duke Nukem games aren't known for having impressive and memorable stories which more or less gives
    Gearbox a legit reason to thrown in an excuse plot for the game unlike Borderlands.

yeah Duke Nukem is all nonsense. it's about how many over the top references to manliness you can stuff into it. I'd be pretty disappointed if it doesn't come across like their sole inspiration for the game was like Bayonetta if the sexpot stripper Catwoman shit was replaced by Stallone movies, cigars and piles of cash.

I'm rather conflicted on whether or not I want to buy this. On one hand this is exactly the type of FPS I enjoy, Unrealistic, arcade, fun. On the other hand I really do not want to reward the lead designer of 3D Realms for complete ineptness during the 11 year development cycle.

I haven't played a fun game with guns since Metal Slug. I'm not sure if this would change anything... I didn't like Manhattan on XBLA.

The new trailer is out, in case you don't know yet.
    [youtube]1-b78TKZIyw[/youtube]

Dayum.... I wonder how much this game will sell after all that hype and publicity. I don't want to see this game sell terribly after all the money it cost to make. Even if it ends up being mediocre.. Hell, I'd still buy it.
    Last edited by DoctorPhil; January 23rd, 2011 at 02:15 AM.

it's really feking hot here, that's for sure

I'll probably rent it or something..

It might end up being a XBLA/PSN title, who knows.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information