+ Reply to Thread
Page 135 of 135 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 133 134 135
Results 2,681 to 2,695 of 2695

Thread: general football "soccer" thread

Default Re: general football "soccer" thread

England had in all but one game home advantage..so was that rly a all european Euro ?
    Definitely an exciting final with Italy maybe the slight favourite, but England has again jome advantage and showed they're there to fight with a solid defense and a attacking side that is always good for a goal.
    UnrevealedVegapunk/Ryokugyu/Loki/Rocks/Im-san
    IslandElbaf/Raftel/GodValley
    UnresolvedWeevil´s plan/Explaining DFs/Deal with Kuma-Bonney´s past/Joy-Boy/Zunisha´s story/Rocks flashback/Void Century/Rioponeglyph/Uranus/the D.clan
    DFWind/Metal/Wood/Acid/Liquid/Time-Stop

The curse is gone. Argentina finally wins a title again.

Now Messi has finally won a title with his national team just like CR7.
    Guess now he´s hungry for a last shot in the world cup^^
    UnresolvedWeevil´s plan/Explaining DFs/Deal with Kuma-Bonney´s past/Joy-Boy/Zunisha´s story/Rocks flashback/Void Century/Rioponeglyph/Uranus/the D.clan

Well, this is Southgate and penalties.

Once again beaten by penalty...once it´s in your head^^

Maybe it's coming home after 16 months. Till then stfu and sit

Damn, I'm conflicted.

Firstly, I'm not upset at the outcome.
    Italy are easily the more deserving team based on their form and harder route to the final.

And I'm still proud of our team.
    I'm proud that Shaw set a new record for the quickest goal in a Euro final.
    I'm proud that we managed to hold our own for so long in normal play, considering how good Italy are.
    I'm proud that Pickford showed up in every single game of this tournament, and even saved two penalties in the shootout.
    I'm proud that we achieved our best finish in an international tournament since 1966.
    I'm proud of the team's overall progress (WC semi and a Euro final back-to-back), etc

But the conflicting part...
    The only thing that makes me bite my lip...
    Is that we took advantage in the shootout, and then...
    one of my biggest pet peeves in football reared its ugly head.
    The SLOW RUN UPS. The over-complications.
    As far as I'm concerned, those two substitutes THREW the game into the TRASH by doing that.
    I'll never understand why they thought it was appropriate to try that in such an important game.

That's the only thing that's nagging me about this match.
    Trust me, I really really really really don't begrudge the result.
    I'm not an "it's coming home" pub dwelling knuckle dragger.

It's just... there's a good way to lose and a bad way to lose.
    And those penalty run ups have utterly stumped me.

Congratulations to Italy!
    You guys had a great tournament, and I was going to root for you anyways if England went out sooner.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Gutted for the final. Lads on the pitch over 120 mins did everything asked of them and can not fault them, including Rashford, Sancho and Saka whom I really hope keep their heads up and grown from this experience. The players in the squad should hold their heads up for doing what they did tonight, battled against an elite country in Italy unbeaten in along time now and took them the full 120. I just hope that they see the vast majority of people will back them against the minority of idiots undoubtedly spewing racist rubbish right now

That being said...

I sincerely hope people can not get over saying how great Southgate is as a manager because he is not. I'm kinda annoyed with everyone in punditry calling him the best, he did nothing wrong, etc,etc because that's complete rubbish.

He is late to react to changes as evidenced tonight
    His picks for the penalty shootout relative to the on field were bizarre (He claims he picked the order yet put Saka at 5th over Grelish or Sterling, or even Stones... a position you need an experienced taker)
    His tactics are poor... we had 1 good tactical game on route to tonight.
    His subs are usually too late and predictable

The biggest reason we got to the finals is because we have a strong core of 16 players who are good enough to bulldoze through most of the non elite teams... against the likes of a Brazil, Argentina, Spain I'd back them

That's a huge thing for me as well.
    The selection of takers. Sterling and Grealish would have been likely to bury them.

The highlight was easily Maguire breaking the camera.
    He and Kane showed the others how it's done, but sadly their example was ignored in the subsequent shots.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Magiure, as much as I dislike him... his penalty is a textbook example of how to take one as a player who doesn't take them often... pick a spot, all power and go on keeper try to do this.

In order my opinion

1. 1st or 2nd regular taker
    2. Put young taker if must
    3. Put young taker if must
    4. Experienced player
    5. 1st or 2nd regular taker / or high experienced player

lol italy made me some good money yesterday.

Thats all i have to say about it
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

Tbh I didn't expect England to come all the way to the finals let alone almost clinch the trophy.

That said, I feel bad for the youngsters forced to come in the end to just take penalties. I remember an experienced player like Anelka coming in at the end during the 08(i think?) CL finals against MU and squandering his penalty. If we have even experienced players having their jitters during a shootout, it's not fair to put the burden on youngsters like that. I don't know what the f was expected, 19 yr olds coming in and hitting panekas like the zidanes and del pieros?! Poor poor decision

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Oh and Italy was fucking amazing!! England was very confident after their goal but Italy literally thawed off that confidence by the second half. Brilliant use of subs as well! I felt that this was like a better version of the 06 Italy that won the WC.
    “When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression."

To be honest, I bet on England, but my predictions did not come true. The Italian national team played just fine!

Just to throw this up but did anyone have a chuckle at the way Manchester United fans acted recently over the rumors of Cristiano Ronaldos transfer...

Rumor of going to City - The mans a snake, no legend of ours
    (couple of hours later)
    Transfer to United - The goat is back, we love him

Makes me glad not to be a club supporter of them despite living in a close-ish area

That just literally every fan reaction to a club idol going to the main rival. Do you think Barça fans were happy when Figo went to Madrid?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information