+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60
Results 1,181 to 1,197 of 1197

Thread: General Ninja Turtles thread

Default Re: General Ninja Turtles thread

Strange, but I got a pop up in Google Rewards asking me if I had seen that trailer. After I said "yes", it then showed me a picture of a Scrappy Doo poster and asked if this was a good recommendation for me. <.<

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by John Adams
    I have always been dissatisfied, I know that. But lately I find I reek of discontentment; it fills my throat and floods my brain. Sometimes I fear there's no longer a dream but only the discontentment.

The first four episodes were released and since it appears no one else is gonna do it, I'll jot down some thoughts (in no particular order):
    • The implication seems to be that it's not "Raph is better then Leo and thus the Leader" it's "Leo doesn't really care that much to take the Leader title and Raph just took it."
    • The mutating ooze being mystic plot device instead of alien science plot device is worth noting, I guess.
    • The Foot mooks being paper origami golems is neat.
      • The two guys Leo and Raph are fighting in the opening on top of the turtle-pun-mobile* are the real Foot Clan members.
    • Mikey's mystic "It's on fire now" weapon seems kind of weak between Leo's "Thinking with Portals" and Raph's "Aura Stand thing"
    • Don out right refusing a mystic weapon (but stealing a power crystal) really amused me.
    • In the four episodes, the mystic weapons don't come up enough to really justify having three bullet points on them
    • April works.
    • Splinter really doesn't work.
      • The implication is that Splinter is lackadaisical with their ninja training because there's nothing for them to fight but that just raises the question on why they are ninjas to begin with.
    Overall, I liked it. Fights looked cool and it got a chuckle out of me now and again. Not amazing but not as awful as if first appeared. I'll give it a couple more episodes to see if it really grows on me.

​*I don't remember what it's actually called and I'm at work so I don't want to spend more time on this then I have to.
    I have always been dissatisfied, I know that. But lately I find I reek of discontentment; it fills my throat and floods my brain. Sometimes I fear there's no longer a dream but only the discontentment.

Hold on. No Shredder?

No Shredder yet anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Hold on. No Shredder?
    A break from SHredder is a GOOD thing, and the one thing I'll credit the show for. I'm sure he'll be around eventually though.

(Also the ctual animation is pretty good... even i the designs are terrible.)

Just watched Rise of the TMNT and I agree with basically everything y2kyle89 said. I actually don't hate the art for this series. But knowing that I like my angles in my art similar to something like Samurai Jack, it's just preference alone holding my opinion.

*continues watching Season 4 of 2012 TMNT*
    The face of a Straw Hat.

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

I hadn't had the time to give this a proper shot yet but this guy's video ensures that'll happen sooner rather than later!
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Batman Vs. TMNT animated movie have been announced.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/teena...-image-a166465

Batman/TMNT getting an Animated Movie is awesome :D
    Also Rise Of The TMNT Episode The Evil League of Mutants is the best episode

Kamen Rider OOOs

The trailer for Batman vs. TMNT is out.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/there-is-a-l...mut-1833229290

I never knew I needed Shredder vs Batman til just now!
    [

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TMNT...2675851187330/
    http://www.turtlemania.ru/index.php?...article&id=361

FOREVER WAR - now it depends on YOU!

Friends! Like most folks visiting this page, I am a huge fan of Archie Comics’ TMNT Adventures series. It is no secret that this comic book was cancelled back in the nineties (1995, to be precise). Many of us have heard about something called “Forever War”, a mysterious story arc we all were dreaming about after its very first announcement in the latest issues of TMNT Adventures. Unfortunately, the story never made it to the printed page because of the series’ cancellation.

However, in 2009 Steve Murphy, creator of the series, has announced that “Forever War” is going to be released under the aegis of Mirage Studios. Despite the fact that he had been working on it for quite some time, it was decided that the story had to be totally rewritten and redrawn. It was supposed to be the one, true finale for the TMNT Adventures universe. Alas, the TMNT rights were sold to another party leaving fans devastated by the second cancellation.

And now, after 10 years of emptiness, our hope is returning and it will finally be rewarded! The thing is, my dear friends, that we have at our disposal all EXISTING ORIGINAL material of “Forever War“, right out of 1995! And it’s FORTY pages long, 2 complete issues out of 5!

But that’s not all! We’ve finished this story and gave it a spectacular ending using everything we had. Not a single page was left out, not a single dialogue perished! The story is naturally embedded into the Archieverse and it explains EVERY SINGLE incomplete plot thread, which had existed since the dawn of the series!

Moreover, the incredible Chris Allan has agreed to finish this story with his own hands -- he will illustrate this story from beginning to end!

We are the team that brought you the TMNT Volume 3 Conclusion, “Odyssey” and “Origin,” all created in participation with the Mirage Studios legends: Kevin Eastman, Jim Lawson, Frank Fosco, Dan Berger, A.C. Farley, Rick Arthur, Rick McCollum, Bill Anderson, Will Tupper, Andres Ponce and many others! We also created a variety of TMNT fan comic not related to the Mirage or Archie universes.

And today we are proud to present you the EXCLUSIVE! A 10-page sneak peak to this story!

Of course, to make this happen, we need your help. Interested? Send me a message on Facebook or email me here: demon-alukard@hotmail.com
    Hidden:

I HAVE BEEN WAITING LITERALLY TWENTY FOUR YEARS FOR THIS.

This has been announced since April! WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME?!?!?
    Last edited by Robby; May 23rd, 2019 at 02:54 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

The Pluto tv app added Totally Turtles, which is a channel that airs TMNT 24/7 (Currently they only had been airing TMNT 2003 and TMNT 2012). Earlier today I caught some late season 2 episodes of TMNT 2003 (it was the Rouge in the House 2 parter). It remind me how much I enjoyed TMNT 2003.

If anyone is interested in buying the absolutely fantastic NECA Movie 1 styled Turtles figures, they are finally in stock at Gamestop (exclusives)

https://www.gamestop.com/search/?q=9...a&lang=default
    [

Those things are so detailed they even got Raph's face scar. Which I didn't even know was a thing until I saw it on the figure.
    Last edited by Robby; November 2nd, 2019 at 03:06 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I kinda want to get that Raph figure now. Also Gamestop supposed to have an bundle of the 80's Turtles figures pretty soon.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information