+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 366 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 7303

Thread: Disney animation thread

Default New 2D disney films every 2 years

http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/02/...every-2-years/

Is this great news or what? I feel my inner Disney fanboy crying in happiness at this. If Princess doesn't flop I'll be the happiest person ever!
    Last edited by NamiGivesMeNoseBleeds; March 3rd, 2009 at 02:53 PM.

Default Re: New 2D disney films every 2 years

Well, if Disney stays true to their word then...

HUMANAHUMANAHUMANAHUMANAHUMANAHUMANAHUMANAHUMANA!!

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

Fantastic news. I miss films like Sleeping Beauty and Aladdin.

Wohoo more 2D movie :D

Kamen Rider OOOs

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

One problem solved, one problem remains.

The first problem was the "3D = GOOD/GOLD" mind-set, it's quite elevating to hear that Disney is finally going back to its roots. I know Lasseter made the a big issue.

The second problem is more dogged: presentation and originality. Disney can dress up an old concept as much as it wants, but if there's no originality it won't be as acclaimed a movie. The renaissance classics were all entertaining, original, and timeless. One can still enjoy them today. Can we say the same about Dinosaur?

I think Disney needs to spend more time investing into people brainstorming concepts, rather than visuals. I love 2D but honestly, if all 3D movies were as good as Pixar flicks, I don't think I would be crying about 2D's demise for very long.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

Y'know, there IS a Disney thread.

Edit: Merged.

Default Re: Disney

I can see this good news for two reasons.
    1. Wooh! more 2d animation from Disney.
    2. Wooh! more lectures from Disney at misc colleges.

OK pop quiz- There is a contradiction in the 2nd Toy Story movie. This one has nothing to do with the first movie, can you guess what it is?
    Also I am torrenting the Aladdin TV show, and ya know something? There isn't an episode that focuses on Carpet. Seriously, there are character-centric eps. for just about every character in the show, BUT the poor fella :/

Discovered Stowaway Animegal9215's Avatar

Really? No episode that focuses on Carpet??? I always did like him! He made me believe that maybe one day I'll get my own flying carpet. Hmm I should start watching Aladdin again!

I watched Aladdin periodically on Toon Disney recently. But Toon Disney is now Disney XD and they've removed pretty much all Disney's original animated series, so no more Aladdin and Hercules. About the only older Disney cartoon they are showing is Gargoyles at 1:30am every weeknight, which I've been DVRing and watching since it restarted from episode 1. I watched Gargoyles through stages of my life but I ultimately forget it entirely. Now I'm watching it through again on Disney XD, I think the last time I was watching it was about 7 years ago.

I've also been watching Kim Possible and The Emperors New School recently, I'm surprised at just how good the second mentioned on is. Gotta give it up for Disney, when they make animated series adaptions of their movies, they are generally good.

No more House of Mouse either..i loved watching this show.
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

It was only a matter of time, just like MTV2 became just music when MTV became hardly music, and now MTV2 has been just MTV for a long time. Now we have MTV3, which is mainly music... but in Spanish. Yeah, seriously. I wonder how long Nicktoons Network has, then again I really don't care as all I watch on their is Avatar (which I've seen all of, so I don't really watch it now) and Wolverine and the X-Men.

Speaking of this, G4 needs to fuckin' go back to Tech and Gaming. I mean Jesus Christ, I thought it was bad when it had Cops and Cheaters on the lineup, now almost all day everyday they play older movies along with those shows, with AotS and X-Play squeezed in.

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    I watched Gargoyles through stages of my life but I ultimately forget it entirely. Now I'm watching it through again on Disney XD, I think the last time I was watching it was about 7 years ago.
    Be warned, Toon Disney/Disney XD doesn't air the infamous "gun" episode of Gargoyles.

Which is ironic because it's probably the one cartoon episode in history that is praised by anti-violence parent groups for being positively educational about guns.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer Local-chan's Avatar

I watched Pinocchio for the first time in forever today. It's quite amazing how creepy it is and I really enjoyed it.

Yeah, the whole donkey-transformation scenes are quite infamous in cinematic circles for being downright disturbing, especially for its time.

Reverse the polarity! Senshi Mizaka's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Yeah, the whole donkey-transformation scenes are quite infamous in cinematic circles for being downright disturbing, especially for its time.
    Yeah, Disney's movies were pretty dark back when Walt was still alive. I still haven't watched my Pinocchio DVD yet, but I'm sure that I'll notice some parts about it that I somehow missed from watching it as a kid.

I also saw The Jungle Book for the first time in awhile a few weeks back. For me, Baloo and Shere Kahn really stole the show, and I never realized how much of a boring main character Mowgli was until now.
    Rappin' Chopper:

"Yo; I was a reindeer livin' out in 'da snow! But then this old geeza' doctor brought me into his home! After healin' my wounds, I felt real phat. Then, old docta' Hiruk gave me this blingin' hat! My family beat me, shunt me, but it's all tight. Because I'm doin' my doctor remedies all night. I look like freak with my Human Human fruit. But now I'm with some gangsta' pirates who like to steal loot! All the girls like my blue nose. Yeah; it's the way that I get the *Record scratching*. Usopp's the guy with all 'da glory. He's my main man with all his tight stories. Zolo's Santoryu skills are on ice. You betta' watch out, or you gonna get sliced! Sanji's the cook servin' up the main dish. Don't mess with him, unless that's your wish. Luffy's 'da captain with the straw hat! His Gum Gum skills are real real tight. Vivi's the princess of Alabasta. Now we gotta head there, and we betta' do it faster!"

The Donkey scenes have made me label Pinocchio one of the creepiest movies I've ever seen to this date. Not because of the transformations themselves, but because you know what? The bad guy doesn't get any comeuppance!

Children are turned into animals and shipped off to toil in mines for the rest of their lives, never to see their families again. And that satanic amusement park owner gets to keep on doing it! No one stops him!!
    Damn, it still freaks me out, the kids crying for their mothers only to be told "you're not a boy anymore"

i think that was made in the times where the boogey man was still relevant

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Yeah, frighten children into being good is something we're sorely missing from our culture these days.

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

Go look up the same character from the original story and see just how more messed up he is.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information