+ Reply to Thread
Page 362 of 363 FirstFirst ... 262 312 352 360 361 362 363 LastLast
Results 7,221 to 7,240 of 7257

Thread: Disney animation thread

Default Re: Disney animation thread

Elsa is pretty kickass. And Josh Gad does a fabulous "girly scream". Other than that, not sure I care about seeing it.

Figured this is relevant to the thread:

Lindsay talking about Disney dipping their toes into 'being woke', especially with the trashfires that are their live-action remakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachylad View Post

Lindsay talking about Disney dipping their toes into 'being woke', especially with the trashfires that are their live-action remakes.
    It would be hilarious for them to be woke while their subsidiaries are firing people for speaking out against assholes and the shitty behavior of said assholes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    It would be hilarious for them to be woke while their subsidiaries are firing people for speaking out against assholes and the shitty behavior of said assholes.
    Disney is full of hypocrites. News at 11.

Disney+ posted their lineup on Twitter: https://twitter.com/disneyplus/statu...15553057239040

Lots of the good and rare stuff is there. I personally love having New Adventures of Pooh and Hercules TAS finally available.

There are, however, some absences:

Movies
    Lots of Marvel missing (natch)
    Disney OG Shorts
    Brave Little Toaster (Both sequels are listed)
    Narnia 3
    Angels in the Outfield
    The Mighty Ducks 1/2/3
    Homeward Bound 1&2
    Hercules: Zero to Hero (Clipshow movie with some new animation)

TV Series
    The Muppet Show
    Aladdin Series
    House of Mouse
    The Legend of Tarzan (Tarzan and Jane is listed)
    Buzz Lightyear of Star Command
    Fillmore
    Pepper Ann
    Brand Spankin' New Doug (1st Movie is listed)
    Lloyd in Space
    Proud Family Series (Movie is listed)
    Teacher's Pet Series (Movie is listed)
    Fox's Peter Pan and the Pirates
    Dumbo's Circus
    Adventures in Wonderland
    Welcome to Pooh Corner
    Last edited by Shift; October 14th, 2019 at 01:14 PM.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Yeah, I was just checking out the line up, I'm happy that alot of the classic live action films from 1960 - 70's made it in the lineup. I haven't seen a lot of these movies since like the days of early days of the Disney Channel or when Disney Channel use to have the late night Vault Disney block. Also I'm happy that both Brink and Johnny Tsunami made it as well, since they both were my favorite of the Disney Channel original movies. One thing for sure, I was surprise that the Mighty Ducks animated series made it to Disney+ before the Mighty Ducks movies.

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

I didn't see Tarzan in the movies list, just Tarzan and Jane.

Kinda bummed about Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, but hopefully thats one that gets added later.
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

There's also a bunch of non-Marvel Saban Entertainment material that's not on there that hasn't been seen in decades and probably never will be thanks to copyright issues. Kidd Video for instance.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Waaaahhhh, no Muppet Show.

Still a fantabulous line-up though. Dammit Disney, you've got me by the balls.

The Muppet Show probably has a few rights issues because of music; the North American DVD box sets quietly edited out some sequences like Vincent Price and Uncle Deadly singing You've Got a Friend to avoid licensing fees.
    Complicating things since 2009.

No Song of the South! >:(

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Song of the South not playing anytime soon, I'm sure.

Well, maybe now I can finally get around to watching those war time films that no one cares about.

And Black Cauldron.

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    Narnia 3
    Disney had nothing to do with the third Narnia film, they'd have to go out of their way and fork over money to get it on the list.

Fox's Peter Pan and the Pirates
    They may own Fox now. But they're not going to readily release the version that clashes with the Disney one. Or blatantly has the Fox name in the title.

Aladdin
    Similarly, they probably dont want to step on the toes of their still-in-theaters film at this exact second... even though they're clearly different things.

The rest of the absences I can't explain beyond wanting to have "new" stuff to add later.

Quote Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
    I didn't see Tarzan in the movies list, just Tarzan and Jane.
    Tarzan may be issues with the estate, since Disney doesn't own that property outright. They might need to do new negotiations to get that stuff on streaming. I don't understand why they'd be able to do the one direct to video movie, and not the actual theatrical film or tv series, but maybe that movie had specific rights negotiated in that others didn't due to how it was originally released?

Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    No Song of the South! >:(
    Lol, that was never going to happen.
    Last edited by Robby; October 15th, 2019 at 09:25 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Disney had nothing to do with the third Narnia film, they'd have to go out of their way and fork over money to get it on the list.
    Fox owned Narnia 3.

They may own Fox now. But they're not going to readily release the version that clashes with the Disney one. Or blatantly has the Fox name in the title.
    Probably, but a guy can dream.

Similarly, they probably dont want to step on the toes of their still-in-theaters film at this exact second... even though they're clearly different things.
    And how do you explain the Timon & Pumbaa series being there? That show was an insane foot-stomping elephant by comparison:

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    Fox owned Narnia 3.
    Fox distributed it and helped pay for it, they don't own it outright. Walden Media owns at least half if not a majority.

Add in the fact that Netflix will be doing their own production in the near future

And how do you explain the Timon & Pumbaa series being there? That show was an insane foot-stomping elephant by comparison:
    It's called "The Lion King's Timon and Pumbaa." Not "Lion King: The Series." A clear offshoot with an entirely different name, branding, marketing and tie ins.

Ditto for Lion Guard.

If it was called "Adventures in Aggrabah" or something it'd probably be fine.

In a few months they won't care, but its the same thing as when DC wasn't allowed to use any Batman villains in Justice League. They don't want to confuse the current product and current marketing with the old, even if absolutely no one would actually be confused.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Fox distributed it and helped pay for it, they don't own it outright. Walden Media owns at least half if not a majority.

Add in the fact that Netflix will be doing their own production in the near future
    Walden's distribution deal with Disney on Narnia 1&2 (both on Disney+ despite the upcoming Netflix show) is the same as the one with Fox on Narnia 3, as far as I can tell. It's not like I'm dying to see anything already on home video, but I don't see why Dawn Treader shouldn't make it on there eventually.

It's called "The Lion King's Timon and Pumbaa." Not "Lion King: The Series." A clear offshoot with an entirely different name, branding, marketing and tie ins.

Ditto for Lion Guard.

If it was called "Adventures in Aggrabah" or something it'd probably be fine.

In a few months they won't care, but its the same thing as when DC wasn't allowed to use any Batman villains in Justice League. They don't want to confuse the current product and current marketing with the old, even if absolutely no one would actually be confused.
    And is the Little Mermaid series of the same name going to be pulled when the remake comes near? Along with the fact the actual original Aladdin movie is there too, I don't think Aladdin TAS' absence has anything to do with the new film. More likely it just got lost in the 300+ shuffle.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information