+ Reply to Thread
Page 263 of 367 FirstFirst ... 163 213 253 261 262 263 264 265 273 313 363 ... LastLast
Results 5,241 to 5,260 of 7333

Thread: Disney animation thread

Default Re: Disney animation thread

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    I still separate Pixar and Disney in my mind. So Cars 2 doesn't count as part of their canon.
    Wait, did Pixar and Disney do 'Bolt'? I still can't make up my mind on that one. It's so forgettable I only rememebed it from googling 'Disney Movies'.
    Everything's Eventual...

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Wait, did Pixar and Disney do 'Bolt'? I still can't make up my mind on that one. It's so forgettable I only rememebed it from googling 'Disney Movies'.
    Bolt was Disney proper. Though it felt a lot like a Pixar film.
    I make silly pictures.
    Twitter
    Tumblr DeviantArt Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Below Average View Post
    Bolt was Disney proper. Though it felt a lot like a Pixar film.
    Then there it is. 'Bolt' is my Disney film that I didn't like. I'm just "meh" about it.
    Everything's Eventual...

i liked bolt but that was because i had really low expectations for it. It wasn't spectacular but it was a solid film and a good one if you like dogs and cats.

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    i liked bolt but that was because i had really low expectations for it. It wasn't spectacular but it was a solid film and a good one if you like dogs and cats.
    Pretty much my sentiments too.

Spoiler:
    Though I still choke up during Mittens' rant

I didn't care for Bolt, (though you can easily see the "Lasseter has taken over the Disney department" influence) and I will always wonder what the Chris Sanders films would have been, considering he'd given us Lilo and Stitch and then right after How to Train Your Dragon, two of my all time favorite movies.

I know his version of "American Dog" had poker, a cat with an eyepatch, a racecar, zombies, and much more interesting designs and color palette. . Nothing at all like the film we got.
    Hidden:

I assume the tuxedo/poker bit would have been one of his movies. But yeah. Looked way more interesting than what we got.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachylad View Post
    Pretty much my sentiments too.

Spoiler:
    Though I still choke up during Mittens' rant
    Spoiler:
    dude I totally choked up when bolt went in for the girl in the fire. My late dog looked exactly like bolt and dogs being good dogs at the expense of their own well being just chokes me up. I think bolt will have a really special place in my heart just because of that

Also mittens was great too. She probably choked me up a bit too tbh

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    I legitimately wouldn't be surprised if they actually did it.
    Everything's Eventual...

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

I was really hoping I was just late on a late April Fools Joke. Why oh why did I and everybody else not just watch the last Winnie the Pooh movie in theaters (which I still need to watch)?

http://deadline.com/2015/04/winnie-the-pooh-disney-live-action-feature-alex-ross-perry-1201392427/

Live action Winnie the Pooh movie. Christopher Robin as an adult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what hes lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

I saw it in theaters. It was lovely. Now see what you've done? *cries*

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Why oh why did I and everybody else not just watch the last Winnie the Pooh movie in theaters (which I still need to watch)?
    Because it wasn't advertised. At all.

I knew about it and was looking forward to it and still didn't know it had come out in theaters until after it had left them. (after like, one week.)

It also came out the same weekend as some little movie callled “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2″

(Not That Tigger Movie or Piglet movie or Heffalump made huge box office either...)

http://deadline.com/2015/04/winnie-t...ry-1201392427/

Live action Winnie the Pooh movie. Christopher Robin as an adult.
    Given that

a)Christopher Robin was a real person
    b)the most boring character of the bunch
    c)and the most recent version of the franchise replaced him with a little girl anyway
    d)they've already been doing the characters with cgi and puppets on different projects for hundreds of episodes anyway
    e)Paddington Bear live action was apparently really good

(five hand drawn movies and 50 animated episodes and multiple holiday specials, 120 episodes of the big costume actors series, 50 episodes of the puppet series and 90 episodes of the cgi series.. there's plenty of classic Pooh already.)

I'm not inherently against the idea of him being an adult at all... there can be legitimate and interesting and touching things to come from that... as long as they use that for the feels, and not snark.

It could be like Hook for instance, and that was joyous. Or The Muppets 2011. Or Toy Story 3. Or Return to Pooh Corner.

Long as they lean that direction and not say, Chipmunks/Smurfs, it could be good.

Pooh's a valuable franchise that's mostly kept a consistent tone through all those iterations for decades, sight unseen I'm inclined to think they'll hew towards it's usual feel.

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Just feeling more cynical I guess. Given it's a Disney production, my fear is that it will lean more towards the quality of Alice in Wonderland or Maleficicent and give the tone a completely different vibe, the former being the case I fear most even though it's not directed by Burton: the subversion of what Disney represented the film to be for something "dark/edgy" given the world will likely be revisited not from an adult's perspective, not a child's. And that innocence is precisely what makes Winnie the Pooh work, and that aspect is arguably more important in Pooh than other the other franchises like Smurfs/Chipmunks.

Plus, iono, more often tha not, cartoons that become live action are bad, though Paddington is a good example of an exception, presumably, haven't seen it yet. Hook though's a good one. And I guess following that train of thought, more recent live action Disney films are doing well, I've heard good things about Into The Woods and that was a Disney Production; same with the live Action Cinderella.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what hes lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

Well, it's gotta be better than this, right?

Because it wasn't advertised. At all.

I knew about it and was looking forward to it and still didn't know it had come out in theaters until after it had left them. (after like, one week.)

It also came out the same weekend as some little movie callled “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2″
    All true.

It also had one of the most heart-wrenching trailers ever. Seriously, I cried. Not that it was tragic, but the song matched the subject so well, and the song happened to be on the sad/nostalgic side, that I cried.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Well, it's gotta be better than this, right?

Nothing is better than that. Though, I'm disappointed that they spelled "honey" correctly on the pots.
    I make silly pictures.
    Twitter
    Tumblr DeviantArt Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Just feeling more cynical I guess. Given it's a Disney production, my fear is that it will lean more towards the quality of Alice in Wonderland or Maleficicent and give the tone a completely different vibe, the former being the case I fear most even though it's not directed by Burton: the subversion of what Disney represented the film to be for something "dark/edgy" given the world will likely be revisited not from an adult's perspective, not a child's. And that innocence is precisely what makes Winnie the Pooh work, and that aspect is arguably more important in Pooh than other the other franchises like Smurfs/Chipmunks.

Plus, iono, more often tha not, cartoons that become live action are bad, though Paddington is a good example of an exception, presumably, haven't seen it yet. Hook though's a good one. And I guess following that train of thought, more recent live action Disney films are doing well, I've heard good things about Into The Woods and that was a Disney Production; same with the live Action Cinderella.
    DO see Paddington. It's funny and has a great cast. It's a family movie that the adults enjoy as much as the kids. DO NOT watch Into The Woods. It also has a great cast...but that's it. It isn't funny and none of the music was memorable except for one. It's one of those movies that relies on a starred up cast to bring people in and the actors are great at their roles but the overall movie feels...thin. I'm going to post the best scene in Into The Woods below so as to save you time and money.

Hidden:
    Everything's Eventual...

How is none of the music from Into the Woods memorable? They did use the broadway show's music, right?

How is none of the music from Into the Woods memorable? They did use the broadway show's music, right?
    I never saw the Broadway play. Just the movie adaption but, I don't know, none of it caught on for me.

It wasn't like Les Miserables which I immensely enjoyed even though I never saw the Broadway play.
    Everything's Eventual...

I finally saw Cinderella. What a lovely movie. I think "lovely" is the right word here. It's not the "grand slam" kind of movie you might expect, but it played everything straight and hit all the notes right. I got chocked up and sniffled when I was supposed to (then again, I easily sniffle), and I was happily sucked into the world and the atmosphere. Give them the Oscars for Costume and Set Design right now.

The acting was also superb. Cate Blanchett was as awesomely bitchy as you would expect (and a lot more depth than you might not expect), and Lily James was like the animated Cinderella incarnate. Which is a good or a bad thing depending on your mileage. My mother thought Richard Madden wasn't handsome enough to be the Prince, but I don't know what her problem is.

The best part though was hands down Helena Bonham-Carter as the Fairy Godmother. Her scene is only like 10-15 minutes long but dammit it's the best part. Not only for the magic but she just plays the ditzy godmother so well and on point. I wanted more of her. I didn't get more of her. Oh poo.

And the Frozen short? It was . . . . . short. Seriously, I was expecting more. It was adorable, and cute, and short. But the last scene kind of made it, I think.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information