+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: 418: ''The Crew's Whereabouts - Weather Science and Karakuri Island''

Default Re: 418: ''The Crew's Whereabouts - Weather Science and Karakuri Island''

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstorm View Post

What ?!?

Why don't I remember that image. Which chapter did that start?

Ok, my apologies to Toei. They did the right thing.
    It's my memory that failed, not them.

EDIT: ok, so if it's the "house where Vegapunk was born" -- then that means Vegapunk isn't necessarily using it as his lab now, and Franky may never actually meet Vegapunk there. Though obviously he'd learn something about Vegapunk's history. Interesting....
    Last edited by dinty; September 22nd, 2009 at 08:32 AM.
    "Over-thinking,
    over-analyzing ..."

......-- Tool (from Lateralus)

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

Default Re: 418: ''The Crew's Whereabouts - Weather Science and Karakuri Island''

That started 549.

Quote Originally Posted by dinty View Post
    EDIT: ok, so if it's the "house where Vegapunk was born" -- then that means Vegapunk isn't necessarily using it as his lab now, and Franky may never actually meet Vegapunk there. Though obviously he'd learn something about Vegapunk's history. Interesting....
    The assumption at the time was "Franky finds old Vegapunk inventions and modifies himself".

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstorm View Post
    That started 549.

The assumption at the time was "Franky finds old Vegapunk inventions and modifies himself".
    That's a given!
    Thanks for the chapter # -- I'll go reread the ones that came before and after it too.
    "Over-thinking,
    over-analyzing ..."

Luffy should never be allowed to make that shojo face EVER again.
    Archaeologist of the Ωmega Pirates ~

Quote Originally Posted by shinpanman View Post
    Oda hands out super strength like candy.

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

What, this one?

Archaeologist of the Ωmega Pirates ~

Quote Originally Posted by shinpanman View Post
    Oda hands out super strength like candy.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Franky drinking tea was hilarious and Nami's new attacks will be much more powerful.
    I still just don't see how they all get back together any time soon. They are mostly outside the grandline.

Full commentary time.

Um, so I guess the first thing that came to mind was, ''Wow, the cast list is a bit longer than I thought it would be.''

Anyway, the daydream was pretty funny yet obviously creepy at the same time. Guess it couldn't be done any other way. Though the squealing that immediately followed made me want to punch out my monitor. I hate it when characters do that.

So, about the meat and potatoes of this episode, it looks like Kuma was nice enough to send Nami's Clima-Tact with her, and it's a good thing he did, since Cyclone Burst was pretty cool-looking, clearing the sky and all. I wish I had that old guy's washer/dryer machine combo. It would make doing laundry a breeze.

Unsurprisingly, Nami's story got more attention, so Franky's side was a bit disappointing. Not all that much happened, and he got the artistic shaft. The dance sequence was rather weak, and what was up with all of those crotch shots? Oh well, it's Franky. His story's old man was voiced by the same guy who's doing Roshi in Dragon Ball Kai.

There were at least three new pieces of music, which is good; the jazzy elevator music for the daydream, Franky's dance, and I think the piece played during Cyclone Burst was new too. The series could always use brand new music. I wonder if they've already started dipping into the Movie 10 vault.

EDIT: After studying the cast list, it appears that the wizard's name is Harudasu or something similar.
    Last edited by Crossword; September 23rd, 2009 at 07:27 PM.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Discovered Stowaway

this epsiode was really good i saw it thru Funimation site but i like it.

the nightmare luffy has at first was awesome and beautifully animated man i feel really sad of luffy losing his friends.

the whole daydream thing with hancock was just funny as heck and that face luffy makes wow never knew hancock read romantic comics or something.

oh and the Squelling hancock makes well its just natural its normal that she squalls she is infront of her soulmate or at least what hancock imagines it to be, all i am saying its normal for girls to squell, plus i thought it was adorable the way she did it.

also love the franky dance man it felt like a workout you know like those excerising videos and such awesome and funny as heck that franky would do it in the snow.

also the gentlemen Franky was awesome i don't know why just awesome how they didn't had soda but had Tea and changed franky completey wow.

also Nami's segment was really good at least we get to see more where she is and the wind knot techinque she did was awesome and another thing i find it fitting she is where she is at because it suits nami's abilites really well.

anyways great epsiode and next week is chopper's cover story which is ironic since he will be food if he is not careful, and sanji will have a massive wakeup call poor sanji hahahahaha.

also the daydream from the manga will be in the next epsiode as well.

I've fallen out opf the Anime loop for a while, but I'm definately getting to see
    this Ep ! - Can't wait to see the rest of the crew again !
    Quote Originally Posted by sanji499 View Post
    I wonder what was Bale's reaction when the stunt double broke the imax camera?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    In the United States we don't have much manga around, specifically One Piece, and mainly the newer chapters - Jan 2011

Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    just watched the episode and i'm confused as to whether or not it's supposed to cover the cover story's or not i mean there was the vega punk house and everything but scenes were missing anyways i'm just confused some one want to fill me in

Nami part didn't show her cover story. I think they will show the 2 pages of each character in this episodes and later we will have more episodes showing the cover stories.

There's nothing wrong showing vegapunk's house. It just teased the viewers. Later they can show Franky running from the animals and finding vegapunk's house.

Wow, they could've allocated a bit more of the animation budget for Franky's dance number. It really deserved better. But the introduction of British Gentleman mode was excellence. I'm not sure if I like this or Fat Usopp better as a transformation upgrade.

On the other hand no gaps were filled concerning how he got from his starting point to his cover arc's running from cyborg animals. He was in his normal mode there, and later when he stumbles upon Vegapunk's old workshop, so he should be able to get ahold of some cola between then.

And Nami's new cyclone attack. I want.

Despite some alterations here and there, I'm still willing to accept the more significant content as canon-ish, assuming they arethe results of Oda's input. And if that's the case, I really hope this is just skimming the surface of Nami's powerup. Even the addition of a fanservice scene didn't bother me since it was brief and actually served a purpose of showcasing more of Weatheria's quirks. I'm actually quite interested to learn more about its history and relations with the rest of the world.

But wasn't Merlin a head taller than Nami in the comic? Strange that he comes off so short in the anime.

(That Hancock fantasy scene was so awkward to watch. Kind of reminiscent of the yaoi fantasy scene in Naruto.)

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    Full commentary time.
    ... and what was up with all of those crotch shots?
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Even the addition of a fanservice scene didn't bother me since it was brief and actually served a purpose of showcasing more of Weatheria's quirks ...

Yeah, I'm still laughing over the fact that Franky had more fan service scenes in this episode than Nami did. That's a first!
    "Over-thinking,
    over-analyzing ..."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information