608. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buggy The Clown

300 49.34%
  • Roronoa Zoro

308 50.66%
Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Buggy vs Zoro

Default Re: Buggy vs Zoro

More importantly, why was that relavent?

joy and joyness... Marimo_Swordsman's Avatar
    soon i will live in the middle of a corn field :(

Quote Originally Posted by Brave heart View Post
    please vote for marimo, a free cheescake for everyone if he wins.
    Delivered by Zoro himself!

Quote Originally Posted by The Faithful Shinigami View Post
    Which manga is that from? Oo
    Something by Naoki Urasawa. Not sure what, but that's definitely his very distinct art.

come on!!!! vote zoro!!! go zoro!!!! =DDDD

Our last moments with Buggy are precious. But I think we've already beaten the past voting record. This looks like the end.

If there are any remaining lurkers out there, I beseech you to vote Buggy! Don't let the final round be a silly fanboy penis war between Luffy and Zoro. Take the the previous Luffy vs 'Serious Badass' (Croc) as an example. Buggy at least makes for entertaining matches. His penis is detacheable.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sea View Post
    I voted Zoro but it's much funnier to campaign for Buggy.
    See? Even Zoro fans acknowledge this!

Come on. After all,

Clowns are funny...

[youtube]jFGYXZFReiE[/youtube]

Vote Funny

Vote Buggy

Quote Originally Posted by Marimo_Swordsman View Post
    that looks yummy... the cake

Come on guys! Vote for Zoro!! bring him to the finals to face luffy!

joy and joyness... Marimo_Swordsman's Avatar
    soon i will live in the middle of a corn field :(

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Our last moments with Buggy are precious. But I think we've already beaten the past voting record. This looks like the end.

If there are any remaining lurkers out there, I beseech you to vote Buggy! Don't let the final round be a silly fanboy penis war between Luffy and Zoro. Take the the previous Luffy vs 'Serious Badass' (Croc) as an example. Buggy at least makes for entertaining matches. His penis is detacheable.
    make a buggy amv with this song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8utjLBZuEI

10 more votes lurkers! We can make it!

Help Buggy take the world!

Huhuhu. I hardly ever post, but i'll put my to cents in! VOTE BUGGY, VOTE FLASHY!!!!!!!! only 11 more votes!!! C'mon now I agree, zoro vs luffy would be kind of boring/predictable. This might be the last tournament where buggy will stand a chance.

Zoro doesn't need any more votes! Lurkers, vote for Buggy and make it seem like he has a chance!

Quote Originally Posted by FrankyFan View Post
    Zoro doesn't need any more votes! Lurkers, vote for Buggy and make it seem like he has a chance!

"Seem" being the key word there, I take it?

delete 100 + Luffy votes plz its created by spam bots !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GaaraofTheDesert View Post

Zoro"s depth.

Zoro wants to become the best swordsman.
    Zoro likes to sleep.
    Zoro has no sense of direction.
    Zoro will sacrifice his life for his nakama...

Thats all...anything to add ?

Yes, here's a few:

1) He thinks of the larger battle as well as the small fights within it. EL is probably the best example of this, where the minute that he regains consciousness after being rescued by Kokoro, he climbs up the steps to get a better view of the Buster Call and of Luffy's fight, and to look for Franky's crew. And when Soge suggests that they try to go back to help Luffy fight, Zoro gives him some plausible "big picture" reasons why that wouldn't be a wise idea. Thinking of the larger picture is also why he's not able to relax (even though everyone else is) until several days after they return to Water 7.

2) He knows that life can be complicated, that not all enemies are evil and that alignments can shift over time -- for good examples of this, see his talk with Tashigi about bounty hunters in Loguetown, as well as what he says to T-Bone after their fight on the way to EL.

3) He's a "reliable presence" -- that's a phrase taken directly from one of the guide books (I think it was "Yellow"). In other words, Luffy assumes that as long as Zoro is with the rest of the crew, they'll be fine -- that he (Luffy) doesn't have to worry about them. This line from Skypia reinforces that idea. It's when Luffy stumbles over the unconscious bodies of Robin, Choppy, Wiper, "Old Guy" and Zoro (Translation credit: Stephen)

Luffy: ZORO!!!!
    WHAT ARE YOU DOING, MAN?!!!
    If you were here...
    Then how could this have happened...?!!

4) He understands when to take commands and when to fight them. When Luffy tells him to save Nami (at Arlong Park) and Smoker (at Alabasta), Zoro grumbles and protests initially, but he ultimately follows orders and saves them. He follows orders to save Hachi, too. The most famous/notorious example of Zoro contesting an order is of course when he threatens to leave the crew unless Luffy gets an apology from Usopp. On the surface, Zoro's demand may seem like a cruel joke, but on a deeper level, it's a way literally/symbolically remind the crew (Usopp in particular) that Luffy is the captain, and that disobeying the captain carries consequences, and that if you disobey, you have to also be willing to accept those consequences.

What else? Oh, yes, one more:

5) He cares about his crewmates -- he just doesn't show it as obviously as the others do. But it's evident in his actions: catching Robin when she falls after being electrocuted by Ener ; saving Nami from Mr.1 ; holding a bruised and bloody Choppy in his arm after discovering him in Skypiea ; fighting against Ryuma for Brook ; being the first to call a temporary cease-fire in their ongoing "alpha fight" so that he and Sanji can cooperate and defeat Hamburg, Big bun, etc in the Groggy Ring ; telling Sanji (in EL) that he thinks Usopp is strong enough to survive on his own, and then a few chapters later, smiling up at Soge as Soge plays a crucial role in saving Robin:

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/420/04/

And probably the best example -- just as he's about to fall over in a faint after defeating Mr.1, his final thought isn't "hot damn, I just defeated an assassin and cut metal!", it's: (Credit for translation: Stephen)

Zoro: {I wonder how... they're doing...
    Did Nami manage to get away...?!
    I hope nobody died... I wanna know what's going on...}

So yeah, there we go.

And see, I didn't even have to resort to mentioning booze, bleeding, Kuina or Kuma.
    "Over-thinking,
    over-analyzing ..."

......-- Tool (from Lateralus)

I wonder if he can get the last 9 votes in the next few hours.. doubt it, but it's worth a shot. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoralSnake View Post
    ..Take that Sanji fan girls! Some ugly evil clown is destroying your Zoro vs Sanji match!! MWAHAHAH xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkstorm View Post
    No. This thread has just the right amount of bile and angst.

Of course he can! He's Buggy! The man who does impossible things!

Make the finals something to talk about! Shake things up! Start a revolution! Vote Buggy!

Quote Originally Posted by llLuffyll View Post
    Huhuhu. I hardly ever post, but i'll put my to cents in! VOTE BUGGY, VOTE FLASHY!!!!!!!! only 11 more votes!!! C'mon now I agree, zoro vs luffy would be kind of boring/predictable. This might be the last tournament where buggy will stand a chance.
    One brave lurker has come forth!

And yes, this likely is the last tournament where Buggy could actually make it as a finalist. The circumstances (Straw Hats missing for a year) and the timing (just finishing an amazing adventure in Impel Down and preparing to join the current chaos against Whitebeard) being the main advantages. By next and subsequent years the Straw Hats will be back together. I doubt Oda will ever have a separation like that again, so all minor characters will be effectively shut out. This is quite possibley our only chance ever to have a non-Straw Hat finalist. Not even winner, finalist.

Let's be like Buggy and seize this rare opportunity!

Quote Originally Posted by Marimo_Swordsman View Post
    make a buggy amv with this song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8utjLBZuEI
    I'll have to pass that on to Urouge.

Quote Originally Posted by klet View Post
    "Seem" being the key word there, I take it?
    No, it really is "seem". Don't be fooled, I can tell you for a fact that there are Zoro fans lurking around that are 'saving' their vote, should the numbers get a bit too close. (You know who you are.) :P

dinty convinced me.

Zoro for SJ.
    You come at the king, you best not miss.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Vote for the evil:

Hidden:

Hidden:

Zoro...I really don't know. I think he's at his best when he's played mostly for laughs, like he was in the Skypeia arc, but I think his levity/random non-combat badassery like the sword shop in Roguetown is too often overshadowed by his boring-ass fights and ridiculously overhyped moments like the confrontation with Kuma. He's also comedy gold in the Funimation dub, the deadpan reads on his lines add a lot to him, I think. I actually find him a lot more amusing in English than I do in Japanese. He has his moments, but he's not really one of my favorite Straw Hats. I think, like Nami, his best potential is too often misapplied.

That said, I mostly have to de-hype him because he knocked off Bon Clay and I'm pissed. Go Buggy! A dozen or so more votes and he can nose ahead! (Sorry. Couldn't resist.)

294x303

And westill have aroun 40min! gogo buggy, you can make it! Problably im going to vote Luffy in the final, but at least let make the fightmore interesting!

Thread Information