Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast

Thread: FINAL MATCH Discussion

Default Re: Sixth Round: Semi-Finals Discussion

I still don't think I'll vote in the last match I dunno who the hell to vote for I'm so pissed that it's so boring u_____u SIGH. Though I do like Luffy FAR more than Zoro but Zoro is the sexy BEAST apparently =__= I dunno... I'd wanna vote Zoro based on him getting his ASS BEAT by Kuma and also by Kizaru and then by Kuma AGAIN, but Luffy got beat by Sentomaru and Kuma... UGH I dunno u__u;
    btw AWESOME COMIC Myrllok!!!

To everyone saying this last round is going to be a total shutout in Luffy's favor, or that your uninterested because of earlier results...

Isn't that also what was said about Buggy against Sanji? Bon Kurei and Zoro was destined to be a zoro win, but it was amazing all the same. And what about Richie versus Sengoku? Urouge versus Kizaru? Nami versus Xdrake? Or what about any match Shu Shu was in?

What of Beckman versus Paulie, Croc versus Garp, which ended as ties? Or Nami versus Roger, where 1 vote turned it?

Just because you THINK a match is going to go one way, doesn't mean it won't be close after all... or that it can't be incredibly entertaining in spite of itself. Look to the Don Krieg versus Absalom fights. Or Banchi versus Zoro in the first round. Or Aphelandra versus Moria! Those were incredibly entertaining in spite of the actual fights within them. (I still think Aphelandra's fight was the best of the tourney, in spite of her losing by well over 100 votes, but then, Im biased what with the temporary god powers and all.)

These things have been hitting unprecedented numbers the last few rounds, we have no idea how many people might vote, especially over 2 days. Even if a character pulls 50 votes ahead, there's still time for the other to catch up and enough voters to make it happen, there were 20 or 30 vote upsets the entire during Buggy's last two matches!

None of this "sigh, it'll be a boring shutout for Luffy' If you really think that, vote Zoro! Spice it up! Make a campaign! If you really just want to vote for your actual favorite and you think its Luffy, go for that! But this is the final round, lets have some fun with it!
    Last edited by Robby; September 1st, 2009 at 10:34 PM. Reason: I'm voting Luffy, btw
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

That's right!

A real man never gives up, regardless of how bleak the situation may seem!

Have you all learned nothing from both Zoro and Luffy!?
    Last edited by Dark Lord Zenigame; September 1st, 2009 at 10:18 PM. Reason: 「諦めたら変わらないよ」と君が教えてくれたね~♪
    この世に悪があるとすればそれは人の心だ。

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Zenigame View Post
    I learned that being strong doesnt bring you tons of girls :O

I wanna see Croc vs Buggy for 3rd place!!!

That's right!

A real man never gives up, regardless of how bleak the situation may seem!

lol, nice bylateral support Zenigame, but who are you REALLY voting for? Playing both fields is just a cop out.
    I am what I think and think what I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrllok View Post
    I learned that being strong doesnt bring you tons of girls :O
    A true gentleman only needs one.
    Last edited by Dark Lord Zenigame; September 1st, 2009 at 10:22 PM. Reason: ...or maybe two. Depends on what's legal in your country.
    この世に悪があるとすればそれは人の心だ。

Like how to learn to keep a map on you on all times..? Or getting lost in the same room? ^^

Eh.

I'm jus' EXPECTING a shutout, doesn't mean there will actually be one. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoralSnake View Post
    ..Take that Sanji fan girls! Some ugly evil clown is destroying your Zoro vs Sanji match!! MWAHAHAH xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkstorm View Post
    No. This thread has just the right amount of bile and angst.

Quote Originally Posted by flybyshooter View Post
    lol, nice bylateral support Zenigame, but who are you REALLY voting for? Playing both fields is just a cop out.
    From the start, I have FLASHILY been supporting Zoro.

There's a reason I voted against both Bon-chan and Captain Buggy, dammit. I'm not about to let their sacrifices go to waste.
    この世に悪があるとすればそれは人の心だ。

From the start, I have FLASHILY been supporting Zoro.

There's a reason I voted against both Bon-chan and Captain Buggy, dammit. I'm not about to let their sacrifices go to waste.
    Hm? There was a reason you voted against Bon-chan and Buggy? But at the same time you are not about to let THEIR sacrifices go to waste? Thats strange... Mind explaining that?
    I am what I think and think what I am.

actually I just find the match up boring... I never thought one would win over the other I think it's BORING because it's two Mugiwara =__= just like everyone predicted, just like EVERYONE knew would happen... that's why I don't feel like voting it's BORING that it's two characters that everyone pretty much KNEW would go through. I had a gut feeling it would be two mugiwara GUESS WHAT? OMG IT IS! Boring.

I personally thought Zoro would take it just because he's more of a sex symbol than Luffy but hey that's just me o____o I don't know who to vote for. And it's not because it's a hard decision it's because I REALLY SERIOUSLY DO NOT CARE xD;

but I hope people have fun with the campaigns. I look forward to that n___n

I have to say Luffy vs Zoro is an appropriate finale.

Me, I'm pulling for the King Luffy, though Zoro is quite legendary himself.

Quote Originally Posted by flybyshooter View Post
    Hm? There was a reason you voted against Bon-chan and Buggy? But at the same time you are not about to let THEIR sacrifices go to waste? Thats strange... Mind explaining that?
    Since the last Impel Down chapter, my loyalties have been as follows:

Bon-chan < Captain Moses Buggy < Pirate Hunter Roronoa Zoro

But by sheer bad luck, those two got put up against the one guy who I will not vote against. So in a way, they were a sacrifice so that Zoro could make it to the finals.

As such, I'm not going to let their (partially my fault) losses go to waste by not voting for Zoro.
    この世に悪があるとすればそれは人の心だ。

Quote Originally Posted by Eleventh View Post

Not sure if I'll vote in the final round (due to indifference), but there's almost no way I'm voting for Luffy. Among a few reasons, because I noticed that the most obnoxious anti-Buggy campaigners all sported Luffy avatars. If I liked him a bit more, I could get past that small-minded pettiness. But nope.

Though I do think the extended time for voting should reel in a bigger turn-out. It'd be pretty shameful otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by dinty View Post
    I think a lot of people fell off the treadmill around Amazon Lily, but I expect a few more will return to the fold now that the momentum has picked up.
    Ooh yeah, Amazon Lily.. That factored big-time into my waning interest in the series itself, let alone the forum. Glad I wasn't alone there.

*looks up into the sky for evidence of falling frogs or four horsemen*
    Haha, oh come on I wasn't that bad! But these days, despite the occasional comment, I've mellowed out a lot on the marimo. (Er, so long as no one brings up Water-7 part II.) Even voted for him once.

If this match doesn't break a record also, I'd be very surprised -- since both contestants broke records in their prior matches. Your boy has nothing to worry about.
    I have to say the results shocked me. After seeing Crocodile destroyed in the match with Luffy, I really believed the best Buggy could manage was something like 100 votes against mighty Zoro. Definitely exceeded my expectations.

Of course, it would've been nice if he won.. *cough* but a close defeat is the next best thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordzeb121 View Post
    Dont Let Buggys Loss Go To Waste! Vote Flashily For Zoro 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordzeb121 View Post
    Bwahahahahaha And So Ends Buggy The Clowns Reign Of Fail!!!
    Yeah, stop right there.

A true gentleman only needs one.
    What about sanji?

Sanji isn't a true gentleman by anyone's standards.

And last I checked, he didn't have any girls. :p
    この世に悪があるとすればそれは人の心だ。

Quote Originally Posted by Eleventh View Post
    This is not a bad idea.

I second that emotion.
    You come at the king, you best not miss.

Sanji's a gentleman, since he'll always politely do anything for a woman. He's just a closet pervert on top of it.

Apparently gentlemen don't need any women.

A true gentleman is polite to everyone, not just the ladies.
    Last edited by Dark Lord Zenigame; September 1st, 2009 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Sanji's a dirty rotten FAKERRRR!!!
    この世に悪があるとすればそれは人の心だ。

Thread Information