+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Volume 55 Discussion Thread

Laughing even more now Strohhut-Ruffy's Avatar

Default Re: Volume 55 Prediction Thread

Not everytime.

Yeah, so we expected the chapters right. The title is LOL and okay.
    I'm worried about the german version though, because they're good in fucking something like that up.

"The queen in hell"?

According to this vol. 55 only contains 200 pages, which means 9 chapters (533 - 541)... O_o

And the title is as already said the same as chapter 537's "Okama in Hell".

Laughing even more now Strohhut-Ruffy's Avatar

Huh? You serious?
    Well 541 has a slightly better ending somehow. xD

Well, at any rate, the ending for 541 is practically the same as the ending for 542. This means that Vol. 56 will probably end on 551, though 550 is very possible as well.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Wow, Oda hasn't done a 9-chapter volume since 46. Though I much prefer the ending to 541 to 542 as a volume ender.

Pity Blackbeard won't show up until volume 56 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman-Spiff View Post
    From ch 517 SBS:

D: Question for Odacchi! In one of the earlier SBS sections, you said the volume release schedule
    for One Piece is two months, two months, three months! But it seems like lately, it's
    been more like three months and three months! Is it some publishing schedule thing? Or do
    you get tired of putting together the volumes? Tell us! Tell us, or I'll burn that pile
    of nudie mags over there! You want them to turn into ash and dust?
    P.N. Syouya

O: These are reference materials! I need them to do my work!
    Well, when I said that, it was the truth, as that was the schedule at the time. But the
    three-month breaks have been more often recently, I admit. The reason is that because I
    sometimes take breaks from Jump (in which I do other work instead), it means I don't end
    up with enough chapters to put out a volume in two months. From now on, you should
    probably assume it will be three-month waits with an occasional two months. Also, while
    I'm at it, I'm going to announce that the other thing I mentioned in the SBS about having
    11-chapter volumes will no longer occur. About the previous volume, they increased the
    price slightly on all the Jump volumes. At the same time, they told me that fitting in
    11 chapters would mean a 20-yen bump. If you end up paying 20 more yen for a volume, it's
    not as much of a bonus anymore, is it? So in the future, there will only be 10 chapters
    in a volume, max. Just letting you know!
    wait... he thinks people won't want to pay a quarter more to get an extra chapter? O_o

Sometimes I - sometimes I just don't know...

I'd also prefer the next volume be 9 chapters, as I said before, because it'd be a stronger cliffhanger.
    Avatar: Igarashi Kyou (married name: Hasumi Kyou) from the web comic 性転換後、親友と (Seitenka-go. Shin'yuu to) by Eroe (Pixiv; Twitter) | Gender bender is love! Gender bender is life!
    Julie | She/Her | Pansexual

Character ranking results are out. I'm sure you'll have a pic soon with everyone and that's easier than typing it up but in the meantime.

1 Luffy 7065
    2 Zoro 5645
    3 Sanji 5547
    4 Chopper 3362
    5 Ace 2175
    6 Nami 1958
    7 Robin 1944
    8 Shanks 1736
    9 Brook 1307
    10 Law 1188
    11 1034
    12 Mihawk 743
    13 Franky 715
    14 Vivi 483
    15 Eustass 357
    16 Kaku 294
    17 Aokiji 280
    18 Rayleigh 277
    19 Lucci 266
    20 Smoker 262
    (Lots)
    122 Unluckies

Others:
    Tubifex
    Dogpen

SBS

Oda avoids explaining how T-Bone got rescued with a joke about balls.

A reader notes that the tune 'wandabababa' being played when Capone's troops assembled reminds him/her of the tune that played when the troops' weapons of war were sortied in Ultraman. Oda says that that's exactly the song he was going for when he wrote it and that it also played during the Brogey Monsters' intro.

Someone notes that they recently discovered how to get an electric charge from cola. Oda says of coooooooooourse he knew that was possible...right?

Someone asks if anyone ever failed at Shigan and just poked someone. He says probably training as children.

Someone notes the female Pandaman. He says she's Pandawomanmi.

Some readers from China ask if Amazon Lily is inspired by Chna. He says yes, he wanted them to have a level of class AND be sexy so he went with China.

Someone asks what the ID logo is. It's what we predcted.

Someone notes that in the Sunny intro, there are books for everyone but Luffy. They ask why Zoro would have books since it doesn't seem like he would read. Oda says it's more like he flips through them. One that he enjoys skimming are: Illustrative Collections of Martial Art techniques, Weapon Collections, Collections of High Bounty Posters.

Finally

Someone asks about the mention of Gold Lion.

ORGINALLY Oda wanted to include the blurb about him during the conversation between Shanks and Whitebeard (which is probably why the first preview ended up with those two) but held back because he thought it would be just too much info for readers and confuse them. (WHAT!?) He had no idea at the time that, that story about the pirate who wreaked havoc during Roger's time would actually become a movie.

So there it is.

The story surrounding Gold Lion as it would involve Luffy and gang is one he wanted to make canon but...that door of opportunity seems to have closed.

Someone asks where Franky keeps his hammer. In his underwear.

Finally, the answer to how Luffy comes up with all those attacks and stuff: flipping through Martial Arts for Dummies!

Hm, if Oda's not going to cover Shiki in the manga, then what was the point of name dropping him like that (other than advertising the movie, of course)? Now people who don't follow the anime are probably going to be either confused/disappointed or just simply forget about him after a while.

Nothing terribly out there this time around, but it is good to get a few confirmations. Thanks a lot.

Thanks Greg! ^_^
    Though, nothing really interesting this time~
    Is that all? No mention of any birthday dates or any info like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Bad_Lith View Post
    wait... he thinks people won't want to pay a quarter more to get an extra chapter? O_o

Sometimes I - sometimes I just don't know...
    He's explaining how it isn't very profitable on his part. It's so much of a good deal it hurts him financially.

No, he elaborated further on that saying that he doesn`t think that kids (children) can afford it and he feels bad for them. He doesn`t think they should have to pay for his comic just because he made it long.

Which I totally disagree with and think is fucking stupid. Why should we suffer because a 9 year old is too lazy to lend an extra hand around the house and ask for (in return) a $4.00 goddamn comic every three months.

Al!na,

Nope. Nothing interesting. Cept one person who asked if Oda`s birthday could be Jan 6th because of his last name. To which he agreed.

Normally I`d be pissed but the LAST SBS was SOOOOOOOOO good I have nothing to complain about...unless next time is shitty too.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Finally

Someone asks about the mention of Gold Lion.

ORGINALLY Oda wanted to include the blurb about him during the conversation between Shanks and Whitebeard (which is probably why the first preview ended up with those two) but held back because he thought it would be just too much info for readers and confuse them. (WHAT!?) He had no idea at the time that, that story about the pirate who wreaked havoc during Roger's time would actually become a movie.

So there it is.

The story surrounding Gold Lion as it would involve Luffy and gang is one he wanted to make canon but...that door of opportunity seems to have closed.
    Doesn't that still leave the opportunity that we'll see Gold Lion in a Roger flashback? The statement clearly indicates that Gold Lions place in the manga existed before he was ever meant to appear in a movie. So I'd say it's very likely to see him appear much later down the line.

Thanks for the SBS btw.^^

Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    Doesn't that still leave the opportunity that we'll see Gold Lion in a Roger flashback? The statement clearly indicates that Gold Lions place in the manga existed before he was ever meant to appear in a movie. So I'd say it's very likely to see him appear much later down the line.
    Yeah, there's also the fact that he was mentioned in Impel Down. What I understood from that explanation was that Oda opted out of name-dropping Shiki during the Shanks/Whitebeard confrontation since too much was already going on at that time. Not that he'd necessarily never show up or be flashbacked down the line.

Depending on how the premise of the movie is written, I think it's still possible for the events to be considered canon(ish).

He name-dropped Shiki to show that the character himself exists canonically, even if the events of the movie aren't necessarily canon. But since he meant for them to be part of the manga, I thing that they can be treated as canon. Not that Oda will ever take into account the events of the movie in the manga, but you can sort of pretend that sometime while they were voyaging off-panel, the movie just kind of happened to them. Which you can do for any movie, but it matters a bit more for this one, since the others were just filler arcs, and this one was designed as an arc of the manga. It's nice to finally have closure on that issue. Thanks for the SBS summary, Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    No, he elaborated further on that saying that he doesn`t think that kids (children) can afford it and he feels bad for them. He doesn`t think they should have to pay for his comic just because he made it long.

Which I totally disagree with and think is fucking stupid. Why should we suffer because a 9 year old is too lazy to lend an extra hand around the house and ask for (in return) a $4.00 goddamn comic every three months.
    Oda's going to have a brain aneurysm if he ever learns that we Americans have to pay ten bucks for the things then.

thanks ONLY FOR GREG, not redon

GOAT FAN

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information