+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 198 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 192 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 3942

Thread: Sai's Art Shoppe Pictures!

Default Re: Sai's Art Shoppe Pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by Sai-chan View Post
    I rewatched the Arlong saga like, two or three weeks ago, honestly. lol today I was comparing how Koala and Nami both ended up with fishman, but Nami ended up with the... less pleasent side of them. I wanted to show how different Jinbie and Arlong were to their respective human kid. I found it ironic that, out of all the fishman pirates, Arlong was the one who 'adopted' a human child, like a twisted, dark version of what Fisher Tiger did for Koala, only Tiger took Koala home while Arlong took Nami's 'home' (Bellemere / Kokoyashi Village) away from her.

Thank you! <3
    Yes, Koala had Tiger and Jinbe, two noble fishmen who never generalized the bad side of humans to all of the kind. And she had good moments not only with both, but with rest of the crew (Especially Hatchan, Macro, Tansui and Gyaro).

Nami was the unlucky one for being a ''slave'' to Arlong, forced to draw all those maps and everything, but she never generalized the bad side Arlong showed to all the other fishmen, Hatchan is a living proof of this.

And I always see fishmen as an incredible characters, that's why I say ''the good times of Arlong saga'', because the first time I saw the fishmen, I wanted Oda to use them more times. I like all the designs and personalities Oda creates for them, Jinbe, Tom-san and Tiger are my favorites.
    Oh, can you do a Fisher Tiger sketch when you have some free time and will to do? It would be very nice.

Haha, I didn't notice that! Tiger freed the salve while Arlong slaved the free. But yeah, I agree. I love all the Fishman, a few excluded of course, and I'm loving the arc right now. <3

Sure~ I'll do one of him soon, just not right now. Maybe tomorrow? I'm kinda sick right now. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Sai-chan View Post
    You and Shmeckie have totally ruined the emotianal essense I was trying to convey in this picture! Now I can't help but giggle every time I see it! Dx
    My work is done, here!

*WOOSH!*

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    Celine Dion post in the MK thread. I wish I could neg you.

Kuahahahahahahahahahahahahaa~ >:D
    My 3DS Friend Code: 1091 - 8457 - 8212

~Goronyanya~

Great pic, Sai! And I think Arlong just needs more of a malevolent squint to his eyes; I know it's supposed to be a cruel smile, but his eyes are a little too open to convey that properly, I think. I do love Nami and Koala's expressions though--especially Nami, there's a lot of movement to her face and it flows very well. Good job!

a mood come alive.

lol

@Dervish: You think? I'll go back and edit his eyes when I have time--to be honest, this is my first ever drawing of Arlong and Jinbie, haha, so if the only thing messing up Arlong is too-wide eyes, then I'm happy. lol Thank you Dervish! I'm glad you like how they came out. <3 In reality I'm actually really proud of this, mostly because of all the different expressions everyone has. Thank you~ <33

arlong made me feel like i should just run away and scream like a little girl

great job
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    You are a treasure.

That's just what I wanted! :D Run Mette, RUUUUNNN~

Thank you! lol

This is my first real attempt at a full page comic starring my OP OCs~ Tell me what you guys think! I'd love the feedback, since I notice I seem to be drawnig more and more comics latley. c:

Hidden:

Their names are Aden, Jiyu, Seigi, and Aza~ Can you guess who's who? (also, no points for guessing Aden)

,,, and if you can't tell, the girl on his back sleep-punched him into unconciousness. The other girl is basically making fun of them and irritating Aden at the same time. lol And as for why Aden calls the other guy lightbulb... well, I'll leave y'all to figure that out too. ;9

Edit: ... crap! I forgot Aden's freckles in two panels! Dx
    Last edited by Sai-chan; May 14th, 2011 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Ignore the messed up lines... I didn't have a ruler... and I would've used a thiner pen for the inking, but mine all died...

Haha Nice! Somehow the line "Can you help me remove your sister from my back?" made me laugh. It sounds so clinical, like he's talking of some kind of object attached to his back. xD
    The characters have a lot of personality, and the girl delivering punches while asleep is a hilarious story by itself! Me likes.
    Outlines are clean, enjoyable to read. The only thing that was a bit distracting was the last panel, which was filled with a bit too many speechbubbles. Maybe next time you can rearrange them a bit so they are easier to assign to the character. Other than that, awesome!

Hmm guessing their names right, huh?
    Aden is obvious...So I'll just take a guess and say Aza is the girl with the bikini top. Cause it's a short and snappy name, which feels like it'd fit her.
    Seigi must be the marine, cause nomen est omen.
    And that leaves Jiyu as the sleeping girl.
    *crosses finger* How many did I get right??? :P

Quote Originally Posted by tigerlilly View Post
    Haha Nice! Somehow the line "Can you help me remove your sister from my back?" made me laugh. It sounds so clinical, like he's talking of some kind of object attached to his back. xD
    The characters have a lot of personality, and the girl delivering punches while asleep is a hilarious story by itself! Me likes.
    Outlines are clean, enjoyable to read. The only thing that was a bit distracting was the last panel, which was filled with a bit too many speechbubbles. Maybe next time you can rearrange them a bit so they are easier to assign to the character. Other than that, awesome!

Hmm guessing their names right, huh?
    Aden is obvious...So I'll just take a guess and say Aza is the girl with the bikini top. Cause it's a short and snappy name, which feels like it'd fit her.
    Seigi must be the marine, cause nomen est omen.
    And that leaves Jiyu as the sleeping girl.
    *crosses finger* How many did I get right??? :P
    For them, it IS clinical! She just won't let go! I wanted to add in the line, 'like a leech' but there was no space.

I'm glad you like the characters! <3 I created them with the help of a friend around two years ago. They're my first OCs that I've constantly gone back to and drawn, and I just love them so much. <3 Yay! As for the story, this is actually pretty normal for them. Jiyu is very affectionate, but she and her brother fall asleep all the time. Aden mostly whenever he tries to reprimand them for causing chaos (it's mostly just Seigi trying to get away from her though). She falls asleep more when Seigi tries to tell her not to do something. And Aza just laughs at them.

Haha, well, it is my first full page comic. I'll take what you said in mind next time, Tiger! Hell, if confusing speach bubbles is the only complaint, I'm glad lol.

ding ding ding! We have a winner! <3
    Aza is actually short for Azaleas, but she hates being refered to by her full name, since it's, you know, a poisonous flower lol.
    Correct! His name means justice after all, and it just fit him, being a marine and all, and what he's set out to do in the plot I made for the characters.
    Yup! Jiyu means freedom, and she's a pirate, it just worked too well. Plus it sounds adorable. Her friends call her Ji or Jiji.

And, actually, if you look close enough, the characters look similar to some OP characters. There's a reason for that~ ;)
    Last edited by Sai-chan; May 14th, 2011 at 01:08 PM.

I was messing around with coloring on Paint.NET~ <3

Also, guys, please tell me what you think about my comic in my last post~ c:

Aza is Robin's and Franky's kid. =x
    Seigi is... Zoro's and Tashigi's?
    And Aden and Jiyu Ace's and.... Nojiko's (random guess XD)?

It's a cute comic xD The character are pretty lively! I think the panels are a bit..hmm.. cluttered but otherwise great job!
    That coloring is
    My 3DS Friend Code: 1091 - 8457 - 8212

~Goronyanya~

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissie View Post
    Aza is Robin's and Franky's kid. =x
    Seigi is... Zoro's and Tashigi's?
    And Aden and Jiyu Ace's and.... Nojiko's (random guess XD)?

It's a cute comic xD The character are pretty lively! I think the panels are a bit..hmm.. cluttered but otherwise great job!
    That coloring is
    Kinda close. xD They're actually the grandchildren.
    Aza- Robin and Franky's grandchild
    Seigi- Smoker/Tashigi's and Nami/Luffy's grandchild (he hates that he's the grandchild of the pirate king of all people... of course, he didn't know this at first but still)
    Aden/Jiyu- Ace/Hancock and Usopp/Kaya's grandchild.

Each character's personality is directly effected by who they're related to. Aza is silly and serious and loves to pull out her guitar and jam out.

Seigi has a sense of justice that is similar to Smoker's, but he doesn't always think things through when going out to fight and he has somewhat of a temper like Nami, but he's also kinda subduded like Tashigi (although, he looks the most similar to Luffy, which annoys him to no end, haha).

Jiyu is very silly like Usopp and Ace, and very carefree and trusting, while Aden is overprotective like Hancock and Ace, and rather serious (or, at least, he tries to be serious) most of the time.

The story is set around the time where the big shot pirates and marines of the Pirate Age are already dead or too old to fight. However, that doesn't mean that they're not in the story at all...~ ;) But the main idea of doing that is so the new generation would have to fight without the help of the legends, they have to fight for themselves with their own power. I'm glad you like the characters Chrissie! Haha, I'm pretty sure it looks crowded because of the bubbles and because my thinner pen died on me when doing the comic. Thank you~ <33

Haha, thank you~ cx
    Last edited by Sai-chan; May 15th, 2011 at 12:56 PM. Reason: You'd be amazed by how much thought went into creating these guys~

Wow. Color me impressed (I know, terrible pun--shot on sight, or is that site? lol)

I really liked your comic, and the characters are even more interesting after you explain about them.

Don't worry, I find fun punny. ;) Thank you!

Haha, you actually like them? <3 for some reason, I get this weird impression that people are hesitant to like them because they're OP OCs. I'm really glad you like them so much, Buster! <3 What about them interests you?

I'm no expert in comics, but my only feedback I can give is the chracter models meshing too much with the background as the line weight is similar. The backgound's lines can be either thinner or not drawn anywhere near the character model(unless there is direct contact). Once you get used to the idea, you can integrate both ideas. Observe some manga to see what I'm talking about if you don't understand.

Perspective is off too, but you can learn that in time. The last panel is a bit cluttered with text bubbles, mainly because I think you were trying to move around the character models and also keep the "splash panel" idea you had going(girl's head a bit over panel 3). I'm not sure how to fix it without heavy editing, but take it as a steeping stone as you get better at comics. If I were to edit it, I would have tried to cut down any unnecessary dialogue to make more space. Like...

Last panel
    Bubble 1: Dawww How cute! They are so adorable! (maybe with larger/bolder/or underline "how cute" for emphasis)
    Bubble 2: Don't they make an adorable couple!?
    Bubble 3: Hm? Feel asleep...
    Bubble 3-2: WAIT WHAT! (or/both) HELL NO!! (cut the rest as the picture basically says it all)
    Bubble 4: (nothing wrong here)
    Bubble 5: (replace one of the "wake up" sentences with "Idiot Marine" that was cut from the 3-2) eg. HEY LIGHTBULB! You idiot Marine! ect, ect.

The rest of the bubble's messages are alright, though the two headed facial effect does not seem to work here. Dialogue needs to move across the character for it to flow well. I hope this was helpful.

Wow! That helps a lot, Hiroy! I'll defenetly be looking back to your post for referencing. Thank you!

As for editing, I might as well redraw the entire thing with everyone's critiques in mind, while also editing the text. It'll help me figure out where I did wrong and what I should change and where. As for the penmanship... well, I don't have too many pens for outlining atm. Most of mine dissapeared or died or are too thick to use for anything but filling in dark areas. But still, when I get some more (hopefully soon) I'll mess around with the characters and backgrounds. Thanks again Hiroy! This is incredibly appreciated! <3

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Hidden:

Here are some sketches I did yesterday~ I drew these all without using any sketch lines, they're all just raw sketches~
    Last edited by Sai-chan; May 15th, 2011 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Also, I just love your critique! It's so detailed, and it helps a lot! Thank you once more! <3

I confess that, not being an artist or all that familiar with manga and comic drawing, my attraction to the characters was partially due to the unusual situation (girl that is reminiscent of Ace asleep on top of a marine, for starters, and who is her brother???) and because I love how young and cute looking these characters are. (See--not in the least intellectual, or helpful, for that matter, lol ;-P~~~~~~~~~)

Quote Originally Posted by I survived the buster call View Post
    I confess that, not being an artist or all that familiar with manga and comic drawing, my attraction to the characters was partially due to the unusual situation (girl that is reminiscent of Ace asleep on top of a marine, for starters, and who is her brother???) and because I love how young and cute looking these characters are. (See--not in the least intellectual, or helpful, for that matter, lol ;-P~~~~~~~~~)
    Well, the characters relations are posted a few posts back if you look, but Aden is Jiyu's (the sleeping girl's) brother. He's the one who fell asleep while yelling at Seigi (the marine). But still, it's nice knowing that those who don't know all that much about art or comics still likes my characters! <3 It just tells me that people still like them either way~

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information