+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 LastLast

Thread: Vinland Saga

Default Re: Vinland Saga

Is this chapter supossed to happen before last chapter?

No, apparently there was nothing further behind the statue being destroyed besides to bros grieving a dead friend.

Oh boy, those next chaps are going to be some interesting ones. Chaps where the only complaint is the length.
    “As I stand out here in the wonders of the unknown at Hadley, I sort of realize there’s a fundamental truth to our nature: Man must explore!” – David Scott, Moon

I am about to watch the last episode of the anime. I unfortunately got spoiled askeladds death already but I am interested on how it will turn out. I wanna ask if its worth reading the manga after?

The only heads-up I can give is that Post-Askeladd Vinland Saga feels like an entirely different manga.

I recommend, but if you entered in the story because of the high octane viking action, don't expect the following arcs having the same level or intensity.

The arc that anime covers is great.

But the next arc is not the same. The writer takes a different approach and settles down to explore the ideas that have been foreshadowed by Thors.

With that said, yes it's absolutely worth reading if you like brilliant character stuff. It's the arc that elevates the entire series and makes Thorfinn into such an interesting and awesome character.

Chapter out on Mangasee.

Discovered Stowaway Lord Gaimon's Avatar

lets hope this adaptation is better than the shitty first season

Lurking since 2007... Nidhoeggr's Avatar

Huh, I thought the first season was a pretty adaptation overall.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

Just finished the anime. And I'm catching up on the manga step by step... I just have one question for the future of the manga. Does Guillaume/William the Conqueror ever appeared in the manga ?
    Every nation gets the government it deserves.---- Joseph de Maistre

No. Were in Knut's reign (1017-1035) were thirty wears to early for him.

I now hate two things about the manga: Hild, that takes away Thorfinn's agency to be a good person. And that's a secular complaint.

And... why are we seeing the native people's side of the ordeal? This is supposed to be Thorfinn's adventure. Seeing "the other side" is... really bad. We know exactly what is going on, and why, while the main characters can barely communicate with them. It would have been much better to see this arc in a one-sided way, where the natives act as they do but we don't understand why, at least for a while.

I don't see how that would be better, but at the same time I don't see how that would be worse.

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    No. Were in Knut's reign (1017-1035) were thirty wears to early for him.
    On the other hand, we could have seen Basil II's last decade in power in Constantin... Ah, forget it. I've lost my will to complain about it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information