+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Vinland Saga

Shipmate

Default Re: Vinland Saga

In other news, famous popular shonen junkie known as Mangastream has picked up a not so popular and oh so seinen Vinland fucking Saga.

Makoto Yukimura - Vinland Saga Chapter 68 [MangaStream]

Enel save us all if this doesn't mean trouble. But, for now, live the life to the fullest and enjoy this feast. Though, Hox' translations are better.

Latest chapter were very tasty and long at that. Finally we have Yukimura adress Thorfinn's brooding, his lack of motivation and goal. Important stuff. Something big has to happen to set things right into the bloody carnage direction, and some trampled down wheat doesn't really cut as a starter. So stay tuned.

Also, Snake rocks.

Likely because, unfortunately, this series only updates every month or so.

Despite how outrageously awesome it is, there isn't much to talk about if it's not updating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    Vinland fucking Saga
    i kept up with hox. mangastream, eh? HUH.
    as hes about ready to cut it up she said wait a minute honey im gonna add it up

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

I wait so long for new chaps.

The path the story is going down in this new chap gave me hope for Thorfinn being an epic character again.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Is this a good series to start reading on?

Noob question.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegadesoul View Post
    Is this a good series to start reading on?

Noob question.
    Holy. FUCK. YESSSS.

You will not be motherfucking disappointed.

It's gritty and harsh and mature like Berserk, but with VIKINGS. The series epitomizes GAR, but is also very poignant and deep.

And don't even get me started on Askeladd. Askeladd is probably one of the most incredible (and well-fleshed out) characters I've ever read in a manga.

Just read it.
    Last edited by Silence; October 24th, 2010 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Took out the panel 'cuz it was on the first page too.
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

GAR? Is mangastream a credible source for scanlations of it? or Is there a much more better scan group I can access to?

Ok, but Askeladd was killed by another man according to Thorfinn, Is this other guy much more badass than Askeladd?

Ok, gonna read it after I caught up with Berserk. I'm Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegadesoul View Post
    GAR? Is mangastream a credible source for scanlations of it? or Is there a much more better scan group I can access to?

Ok, but Askeladd was killed by another man according to Thorfinn, Is this other guy much more badass than Askeladd?

Ok, gonna read it after I caught up with Berserk. I'm Looking forward to it.
    It's complicated. Read and you'll find out!

Mangastream only JUST started scanning chapters, but you can find Vinland Saga on Mangafox and Mangareader.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Yeah we can't tell you how Askeladd dies. It'd semi ruin how things turn out when the arc reached its peak(a lil bit ruined for you since you already know though).
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

It is alright, I like to keep the thought of "How did it happen this way?".

anyways

Gonna avoid this thread for awhile to evade more spoiler temptations.

I forgot, was it mentioned how much time has passed since Thorfinn became a slave?

Saw it on mangastream today, read it. Got a Berserk vibe from it, so I am going to read chapters 1 - 67 now!

So far, so good.

This was a really, really good chapter. Nice to see Thorfinn's change, I hope he gets a new goal soon.

Spoiler:
    http://www.mangareader.net/125-6208-27/vinland-saga/chapter-36.html

[YOUTUBE]VVmbhYKDKfU[/YOUTUBE]

The only thing I dont like about Vinland Saga is the author's stange sense of puttling love in most important scenes.. and his idea of love seems kind of off.

I really couldnt understand Prince's transformation at all, I thought it was rather comical really...

well although his last work also had this problem it was fine as it was fitting.. but for Vinland Saga I really dont know about this love lol

i liked the new chapter but something going to have to happen about this slave situation
    this series really needs an anime and a english release
    i like brook he gives me a bone-er haha skull joke

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

if it had an anime I'd watch it. Planetes was pretty good.

Aaand, finally caught up with chapter 68. So far, this is a magnificient manga. I'm loving the character development. And dare I say, I'm liking this farm chapters, and Thorfinn willing to change as a human being. Too bad shit's going to hit the fan very soon. Which is a shame.

If he wants to be as epic as Thors, he better start acting as him. If he becomes a spoiled psycopath brat again, all of this would've been pretty much for nothing. But anyways, I'll follow this series independently of which path it follows.

mass murder in ........3...2...1.................month
    Sloths...so bad@$$ they named it after a sin
    ROLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL*blech*

Caught up.

Feels a bit short to me, but this is probably because the other manga I read reach well over 200 chapters. This is a nice change, as this seems to be one that will reach around 200 chapters at most.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information